Sponsored

Question for guys running e85

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
As far as a larger TB, I read that Ford Performance had been working on one but they found no benefit and had drivability problems so they shelved it.
Bummer.
Sponsored

texas347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm running the Lund E85 Flex Tune with a JLT intake and am very happy with it. Car pulls strong - torque is improved and it just yanks through the rev range much stronger than before. The tach moves noticeable quicker particularly from 5500-redline. I do not have dyno numbers yet but hope to by next week sometime.

The Lund tune alone - on 93 - with the JLT was also very noticeable. Crisper throttle - although it actually quieted the car a bit - less raspy and not as much "popping" as it had stock due to the leaner conditions. Hard to explain but if you've had a variety of tuned vehicles you know what I mean, the sound can change.

E85 cold starts - after letting it sit for a few days - are longer than normal. I'd say 3-4 seconds sometimes. If you run the car and start it within 24 hours it seems to start quicker. This is not a big deal to me. E85 here in Houston is cheap and although you certainly use it quicker - I've yet to run the numbers but would say it is a better value at about $1 less per gallon. I run straight E85 now. I was running a mixture and the car adapts fine - no hiccups.

All in all Lund did good work on this one. Again I hope to dyno it and get some logging done next week.

Guenther

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
I'm running the Lund E85 Flex Tune with a JLT intake and am very happy with it. Car pulls strong - torque is improved and it just yanks through the rev range much stronger than before. The tach moves noticeable quicker particularly from 5500-redline. I do not have dyno numbers yet but hope to by next week sometime.

The Lund tune alone - on 93 - with the JLT was also very noticeable. Crisper throttle - although it actually quieted the car a bit - less raspy and not as much "popping" as it had stock due to the leaner conditions. Hard to explain but if you've had a variety of tuned vehicles you know what I mean, the sound can change.

E85 cold starts - after letting it sit for a few days - are longer than normal. I'd say 3-4 seconds sometimes. If you run the car and start it within 24 hours it seems to start quicker. This is not a big deal to me. E85 here in Houston is cheap and although you certainly use it quicker - I've yet to run the numbers but would say it is a better value at about $1 less per gallon. I run straight E85 now. I was running a mixture and the car adapts fine - no hiccups.

All in all Lund did good work on this one. Again I hope to dyno it and get some logging done next week.

Guenther
I am in the same boat and agree man!

The throttle response is definitely quicker and I've had those 3-4 second cold starts as well when the car has not been driven for a few days.

Preformabce wise very happy with the Lund flex fuel tune.

I do have long tube header so not sure how much that affects my experienced results regarding throttle response and other factors.
Sponsored