Question for experienced ceratec users

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
Reluctantly thinking of using ceratec but am concerned with the color and consistency. Does a bottle change the color
/transparency of fresh oil? Has anyone witnessed any deposits on engine parts? My concerns are specifically regarding variable cam timing and phaser oil passage ways/screens bieng restricted.
Sponsored

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
I use it in my 21’ PP and don’t see any color change in my oil when I check it weekly.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
been using ceratek in my 17 gt for prob the last 30k + miles with zero issues what so ever. it will change the color of oil. it does come out slightly more brown/tan in the end. not as obvious on newer oil imo. from what i understand it should never restrict anything. supposed to adhere to bare metal and form a microscopic coating and thats it. never seen it clump or anything funky

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
it will not plug anything up. just coats everything in microscopic ceramic bearings

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I have 47k miles on my 18 GT. I run the oil fill until I get the mil light for an oil change every 9-10k miles. I have noticed no color difference in used oil that is drained out. I have had no issues at all except the car no longer uses any oil throughout the oil change interval which amazes me. Definitely makes the engine quieter though. I am running Penzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 which pretty much eliminated the tick for me. Just adding 1/2 a bottle of Ceratec at this point as I had it sitting on the work bench.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
2 bottles every oil change for 50k miles here. Definitely quiets the motor, no problems at all from the ceratec and the car runs great and I even supercharged it 14k miles ago 770 rwhp. Most of the drained oil looks normal but I think some of the ceratec settles at the bottom of the pan, so if you only drain like 1/2 qt it may look milkier than normal. Im going to use it for life, in every car every oil change I think.

OP
OP
Milton

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
I have 47k miles on my 18 GT. I run the oil fill until I get the mil light for an oil change every 9-10k miles. I have noticed no color difference in used oil that is drained out. I have had no issues at all except the car no longer uses any oil throughout the oil change interval which amazes me. Definitely makes the engine quieter though. I am running Penzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-30 which pretty much eliminated the tick for me. Just adding 1/2 a bottle of Ceratec at this point as I had it sitting on the work bench.
Thanks for the replyđź‘Ť. Im interested in the fact that you use Penzoil U P. Been thinking of switching from Castrol Edge Synthetic 5w30. I believe your not the first post I've read that claims the Coyote 5. 0 runs quieter on Penzoil Ultra Platinum.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I ran Mobile 1 for several oil changes and tick was very apparent. Ceratec helped immensely with quieting it down. Tried Castrol edge and it was better than Mobile 1 concerning the tick, But I still needed to add Ceratec. Penzoil Ultra Platinum pretty much solved the issue with the tick. The tick was always most apparent at at beginning of an oil change and got progressively quieter as the miles pile up.

OP
OP
Milton

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
I ran Mobile 1 for several oil changes and tick was very apparent. Ceratec helped immensely with quieting it down. Tried Castrol edge and it was better than Mobile 1 concerning the tick, But I still needed to add Ceratec. Penzoil Ultra Platinum pretty much solved the issue with the tick. The tick was always most apparent at at beginning of an oil change and got progressively quieter as the miles pile up.
Thanks, good to know. In respect to the BBQ on mine it to shows up after fresh oil then slowly diminishes to nothing by about 1300kms into the oil change. It makes me cringe every time I have to change my oil and get re introduced to the tick.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Milton

Milton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sqeekywheel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt premium PP1
Switched to Penzoil UP and it does help with the tick that I get with fresh oil.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have several friends using Ceratec in their Mustangs and besides getting rid of the tick, we have also noticed it reduces oil consumption. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored