kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hello,
I am trying to do an oil change on my 2020 gt and I wish to add a bottle of ceratec to go with it. I looked online and saw that there were multiple versions of ceratec available. Is anyone able to confirm which one suits our mustangs? Thank you
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Hello,
I am trying to do an oil change on my 2020 gt and I wish to add a bottle of ceratec to go with it. I looked online and saw that there were multiple versions of ceratec available. Is anyone able to confirm which one suits our mustangs? Thank you
There's only one Ceratec; though Liqui Moly does make other additive products for other applications. The link br_an posted is Ceratec.

I put in two bottles (600 ml), and removed 600 ml of oil from my oil change per the box instructions. You may want to also add around a half quart additional of oil, or reserve some Ceratec if you do the full two bottles. (since Ceratec is portioned in liters, while our engines are quarts, of course. Imperial, metric, boohoo.)

I've also seen some folks having success with just one bottle added atop the regular 10 quarts—either way should hush or prevent the tick.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
The link posted is correct. I only needed one bottle.

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
OP
OP

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Appreciate the info guys, I will go ahead and order it from the amazon link.

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
I've also seen some folks having success with just one bottle added atop the regular 10 quarts—either way should hush or prevent the tick.
this is what i do. its only 300 ml added on to 9460 ml of oil. no biggie.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
this is what i do. its only 300 ml added on to 9460 ml of oil. no biggie.
I went ahead and did 2 bottles, subtracting about 40ml for conversion from metric to imperial, since it was my first application of it. (Also expressly to silence the tick.) I'll drop back to one bottle atop the regular oil, going forward.

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
I went ahead and did 2 bottles, subtracting about 40ml for conversion from metric to imperial, since it was my first application of it. (Also expressly to silence the tick.) I'll drop back to one bottle atop the regular oil, going forward.
i think its good stuff. i dumped in a bottle when the car had 160 miles on it and then when i changed the factory oil at 1400 miles i put in another bottle. engine is very quiet no tick noises.

Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
i think its good stuff. i dumped in a bottle when the car had 160 miles on it and then when i changed the factory oil at 1400 miles i put in another bottle. engine is very quiet no tick noises.
Oh yeah, it immediately killed the tick after a few miles of running with it in the engine, and seems to run smoother. I agree. It'll go into pleeenty of engines going forward, as long as I can get my hands on it, hah.

hunter7389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium M6 401 PP1, Silver
FWIW, half a bottle (150ml) quieted my tick. A few days later i went ahead and put the other half bottle in.
Sponsored