Sponsored

Question about Steeda Mustang Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
My Steeda Drag Ultimate Stop the Hop kit along with the Adjustable differential bushing insert system came in and getting ready to be installed next week.
Has anyone tried both the red and black inserts? If so did you notice a difference between the two.
I do alot of roll racing and go to the drag strip maybe 4-5x year and trying to decide which ones to go with.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fusion Training Systems

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
I also want to add I’ll be installing their progressive sport springs also.
Thanks

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have the majority of the Steeda catalog on my car and I use the aluminum pucks. It’s definitely an NVH increase but I love them. It’s not so much that I wish I had gotten the rubber ones at all. A lot of people act like it’s a dramatic increase and too much but I really don’t see it. The feel that it gives with aluminum inserts is 100% worth it for me.

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
I have the majority of the Steeda catalog on my car and I use the aluminum pucks. It’s definitely an NVH increase but I love them. It’s not so much that I wish I had gotten the rubber ones at all. A lot of people act like it’s a dramatic increase and too much but I really don’t see it. The feel that it gives with aluminum inserts is 100% worth it for me.
Given your experience, can you please elaborate on what this part changes about the feel of the car? I’m curious to understand exactly what these bushings would change.

OP
OP
Fusion Training Systems

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Good to know.
I was told and have watched YouTube videos stating the red ones are more for street and road course and black ones are more for drag strip that will have a much stiffer ride.

Have you ever used any of these beides the aluminum ones?
Thanks

Sponsored

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Given your experience, can you please elaborate on what this part changes about the feel of the car? I’m curious to understand exactly what these bushings would change.
For me, it gives a very connected feeling to the rear of the car. A lot of the so called “slop” is gone. The rear diff is basically directly connected to the frame of the car and it feels that way, giving a lot more feedback from the rear wheels and, IMO, it feels like it punched harder and smoother. Less bouncing of the rear end.

The difference is similar to having stock suspension vs performance shocks and springs. It is a feeling, less play and slop in the rear, of being more connected to the ground.

It definitely makes loud thuds sometimes and definitely increases gear whine noise, but I didn’t buy my Mustang for comfy cruises with the top down, I bought it to enjoy the driving experience.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good to know.
I was told and have watched YouTube videos stating the red ones are more for street and road course and black ones are more for drag strip that will have a much stiffer ride.

Have you ever used any of these beides the aluminum ones?
Thanks
I’ve not used the red or black. I’m a “go for broke” kinda guy.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For me, it gives a very connected feeling to the rear of the car. A lot of the so called “slop” is gone. The rear diff is basically directly connected to the frame of the car and it feels that way, giving a lot more feedback from the rear wheels and, IMO, it feels like it punched harder and smoother. Less bouncing of the rear end.

The difference is similar to having stock suspension vs performance shocks and springs. It is a feeling, less play and slop in the rear, of being more connected to the ground.

It definitely makes loud thuds sometimes and definitely increases gear whine noise, but I didn’t buy my Mustang for comfy cruises with the top down, I bought it to enjoy the driving experience.
Keep in mind this comes with a TON of other stuff on my car. Most of what Steeda manufactures is on my car at this point. These pucks were one of the last things I did, so they are providing this feeling for me as combined with all the other stuff. I still noticed a big jump when I put them on, but if the car was stock with just these idk how it would be. Probably less of a solid feeling as all these parts compliment each other.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I went from red to black and couldn't notice any difference in NVH.

You might consider getting a pair of aluminum gap-filling sleeves from me before your install. I think they work well with the pucks, especially if your rubber bushings are not too old and already torn.

1707150744591.png

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You might consider getting a pair of aluminum gap-filling sleeves
the sleeves also come with the various "hardware upgrade kits" but by all means, if you don't have sleeves @Fusion Training Systems, you need them. The choice of AL/black/red comes down to how much noise do you want to deal with. Even with Reds the Diff can sing if you tickle it at its resonance frequencies. It's a Mustang not a damn Accord.

The Diff pucks don't affect 'ride' but rather tire 'hook up'.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Did anyone install the other aluminum sleeve hat looking one. No idea where it goes & for some reason I'm not being allowed to upload a pic
Sponsored