Purchasing a gt350

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
So I hav a deal on a gt350 and we’ve signed purchase agreements and everything and they’ve had my down payment for 2 weeks now and they were threatening me by saying if I didn’t ge the bank the wire the rest of the amount of the car that if it was a cashiers check that they have to hold the car for 10 business days after it’s been purchased and the they will not hold the car for me during that time and I’m like how can they sell the car when they hav all the money and signed purchase agreements? Anyone have any input on this
Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Does it happen to be the orange fury gt350 at DCH ford in Thousand Oaks?

OP
OP
Jossyfilms

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
dang Really

Last edited:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Ok so what is the hold up on your end with completing the transaction? Very light on the details, but dealerships are there to move metal etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jossyfilms

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
Ok so what is the hold up on your end with completing the transaction? Very light on the details, but dealerships are there to move metal etc.
Everything is done on my end they hav all the money we’re just waiting for them to release the car because I was told that since the bank I got my loan thru gave them a cashiers check that we had to wait 10 business days

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Cashiers check because you don't own any checks, right? Or is the loan with the account number is already at the dealership? In my case, my car was delivered before they received the check from my bank that I mailed them, with me sending a picture of the check with the account number and all beforehand.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Everything is done on my end they hav all the money we’re just waiting for them to release the car because I was told that since the bank I got my loan thru gave them a cashiers check that we had to wait 10 business days
Oh, I got yah, that is weird. Maybe you can get your bank in touch with somebody at the dealership to speed up the process. Good luck and future congrats when you finally take delivery.

OP
OP
Jossyfilms

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
Cashiers check because you don't own any checks, right? Or is the loan with the account number is already at the dealership? In my case, my car was delivered before they received the check from my bank that I mailed them, with me sending a picture of the check with the account number and all beforehand.
It was a cashiers check from the bank that I got my loan thru and the dealer has had it for about a week now

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Cashiers checks can bounce, that is why the dealership is waiting to make sure everything is good.

I always do wire transfer when ever I can this way I avoid any waiting period.

Sponsored

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
That's odd. Get with your bank and the dealership to find out more. Be proactive about this since we are talking about $60K+.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having a hard time understanding the post.

They have your down payment, and the cashiers check from the bank, correct?

They said because it's a cashiers check, they have to hold the car for 10 days after they get it?

They also said they won't hold the car during this 10 day period, of which 7 has already elapsed?

OP
OP
Jossyfilms

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
Cashiers checks can bounce, that is why the dealership is waiting to make sure everything is good.

The check has cleared now is there a reason to still hold it

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

Well, OP should be able to see this loan on his account online to show that it's not a bounce check. Plus, the account number is there on the check so no reason to bounce and account number is all they need.