Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
[QUOTE="Bullitt, post: 2479713, member: 6651"Adding any exterior part that attracts attention goes against that technically. Like I said though, to each their own. There's plenty of stock Bullitts for us purists. Have fun![/QUOTE]
@bjstang @Allegro

Sooooo, Matt... school me some more pls as I am new to the numbered cars... you still consider your BULLITT as “Stock” ie..From the factory??
is a “Purist” someone who buys the special car and leaves it factory stock in every way...??

Or can you still be considered a “Purist” and Factory Stock.....by doing several mods...(as long as they are hidden from view and nobody sees them) as you have done with your car??

Like...I add the Tremec 6spd...Kooks Headers, IRS rear Steeda items and bushings... multiple horns, spare tire, Steeda tune... all these items are ok and still considered “Purist Level” as none would be seen??? Correct?

This is all so confusing to me but I’m sure you have the answers I seek!! Thanx a lot. Ric ( simply trying to understand the Parameters here that are accepted and nobody eggs my car!! lol )

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
My car is stock, the only thing I've done to mine is XPEL and ceramic coating to protect the paint.

Everyone has different tastes and ideas of what's acceptable, do what you want, you bought the car for yourself, not to make others happy. If you're still curious of my definition of a purist, it's just sticking with the theme of the movie car. The mechanical stuff you want to do, nobody would really notice and the mods are similar to the ones done to the movie car as well, so in my book (which again doesn't matter), those mods are all good. To others, a purist could mean a totally stock car. Even Chad McQueen disagrees with me though, since to him, putting a huge front lip on the car, roll cage, superchargers, etc is all good. Like I said originally, there's plenty of Bullitts, don't worry what's right and wrong to other people and build the car however it'll make you happy. :)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
It's definitely a case of what's relative to the stock model. Regrading the Bullitt Mustangs specifically (I think this could apply to many special edition versions), the older the car is and the less modified it is, those cars generally seems more desirable for those who are getting into the cars for the first time. Again, I recognize this is not a hard-and-fast thing, but I have seen a resurgence in interest in the other Bullitt Mustang models because of this car and the movie cars coming to light. In places where I look, the people looking for those cars want them closer to stock. That's not to say that modified cars don't sell. Anecdotally, I see more potential purchasers wanting something less changed, particularly if the effort and cost to remove the modification might be expensive.

If I were to get a Steve McQueen edition model, I would probably go for the least amount of option on it to keep it closer to the stock version. I do like it with regards to the wheel/tire set-up, the stance, and the lower front fascia.

One of the things I appreciate on the S550 is the slight flip up of the decklid. Since I started buying Mustangs back 24 years ago (1994 GT was my first), the S550 is the first generation that I immediately liked without a spoiler. As said before, different strokes for different folks.

I think Bullitt said it nicely with regard to the meaning of "purist" for the Mustang Bullitt, which is someone who wants to keep the car aligned to the design theme. That's where I personally operate with this particular Mustang, evne though other people don't. I certainly am not a "purist" when it comes to a '67/'68 fastback that I want as a tribute to the movie car, as I want one that is restomodded without a 390 engine in it. I'd love a Coyote motor, although I wouldn't put a spoiler on it :-)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I didn't know those existed, thanks for the info. It's an interesting idea. I was interested in the LE glass primarily because the window louvers are a standout feature on the 68s that the 2019s are missing. So to me, they would help bring it closer to the movie car. At only $80, those are tempting but I still prefer the LE glass. Those aftermarket ones being stick-on might not age as well as the rest of the car, and I wouldn't want them leaving any marks over 20 years of being stuck to the window. I'm thinking long-term about everything on this car since I plan to keep it forever.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Soooo....from the responses in this BULLITT thread.... it seems like there really is no conclusive defininition of “Purist”.....or doing mods and still consider the car as “Stock”....as many have done with hood struts etc... it truly is OK to mod these cars. Maybe adding the louvred quarter windows from the LE’s may be a bit much to the actual Stock guys....but hey.. let’s
Move on!!
Just so I don’t make some guys “Hurl” at my coming Mods.....I’ll just post in the regular threads like all the other car guys do!!!

Matt... what other mods are you considering for your BULLITT ??

VooDoo.... out !! I’ll
Just lurk!! lol... Meanwhile, meet my new Shelby 20’s !! Coming soon!!! I like Bling! See y’all down the road!
@bjstang @Allegro
FB2C831E-BFD1-4B8D-8038-E79834B051D0.jpeg

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
This reminded me of a story....many yrs ago I attended an all Ford show. The cars were all ined up in their respective categories... and I came across the most beautiful Shelby Mustang... I looked it over very closely then the owner approached me....

“Any questions?”... I said..”No, none.... you have an awesome Mustang!!”.... then he approached me within about 6 inches of my face and said....

“THIS IS NOT A MUSTANG.....IT’S A....SHELBY !!!!”.....to which I said....”Ya, but it’s still a Mustang right...made by Ford...right..” .... to which he said in disgust.... “F—CK OFF and GET REAL!! “

That right there soured me on the Shelby Group!!! So, nothing said in this thread... just reading between the lines....and I’ll just have a Green 2019 Mustang with a bunch of Mods... all is good in my books !!! I’ll post up my Mods in another thread!

Again....no harm, no fowl....just a learning curve for a novice car guy...( who’s been in the hobby since 89 !!!!)

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Wow, that is a pretty bitter experience. I guess some people can get little obsessive. I would ask him: who's is this Shelby guy anyway?. :)
My car is screaming from far away: " when I grow up , I want to be GT 350 !" and I am OK with that LOL....

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Just so I don’t make some guys “Hurl” at my coming Mods.....I’ll just post in the regular threads like all the other car guys do!!!

Matt... what other mods are you considering for your BULLITT ??

VooDoo.... out !! I’ll
Just lurk!! lol... Meanwhile, meet my new Shelby 20’s !! Coming soon!!! I like Bling! See y’all down the road!
No mods planned for mine. Regardless of where you post you're going to get mixed opinions. That's the nature of the internet and humanity in general. Many on YouTube get annoyed at me for NOT modding mine. Can't make everybody happy, so don't try lol. I look forward to seeing what you do with your Bullitt.

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Well, been on the fence for a year... should get my DHG BULLITT end April/May!!!
Question....anyone put a rear spoiler on one yet???

Congrats, just got one yesterday picking up tomorrow (Friday) DHG of course.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Voo Doo (Ric). I am curious in that if you want to "MOD the hell out of it", why are your paying the premium for a Bullitt? Why not just get a GT. As you mentioned your self, you will end up with a green GT. If I was looking to do all the MOD's you want, I would seriously look at a Black Bullitt. Then you would have a truly unique Bullitt.

Cheers
Sponsored