Pulled the Trigger!!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Weren't you the one a while back arguing that the Bullitt package was overpriced? Regardless, congrats, a new car is always exciting. And while you couldn't pay me to put that stuff on my Bullitt, I say live and let live. If it makes you happy, that's all that matters. Just don't expect a lot of high-fives on this subforum when the Bullitt philosophy is to strip it of spoilers, badges and scoops for a low-profile look. Adding any exterior part that attracts attention goes against that technically. Like I said though, to each their own. There's plenty of stock Bullitts for us purists. Have fun!
Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I’m not....I’m adding to the looks!! You think the McQueen Steeda is ruining the looks with a new front facial and 20inch wheels ?? Which I will also get the 20’s and lower it, add the Steeda IRS rear kit with bushings and a new steering wheel!! Oh.and I just ordered the Steeda H-Pipe and will kick it up,again with the new Steeda tune!!! How is that going to ruin anything?? Man...if that’s the case....look how many LE 50th Anniversary cars have been modified!! You do what you want and I’ll do what I want...easy-peas! Meanwhile, I’m not really asking permission! I’m going to CQuartz UK myself after a paint correction, and add Wilwood drilled/Slotted Rotors and Ceramic brake pads!! I’m going to have soooo much fun with this thing!!

My 50 Anniversary Pkg 2015 also did not have a rear spoiler...I added it!! Among a heap of other things!! I’m most certainly am not new to this hobby!!
Yes. The McQueen Steeda Bullitt looks terrible.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Again....for my clarity and focus on your definition of “Purists”.... you are only speaking of the DHG cars, correct?? The Black and Blue choices are just what....a whim ....so you can put a spoiler on a Black one...no harm, no fowl...??? Pls school me on Purists definition. Thanx. Ric

ps: am looking fwd to my Mods!

Weren't you the one a while back arguing that the Bullitt package was overpriced? Regardless, congrats, a new car is always exciting. And while you couldn't pay me to put that stuff on my Bullitt, I say live and let live. If it makes you happy, that's all that matters. Just don't expect a lot of high-fives on this subforum when the Bullitt philosophy is to strip it of spoilers, badges and scoops for a low-profile look. Adding any exterior part that attracts attention goes against that technically. Like I said though, to each their own. There's plenty of stock Bullitts for us purists. Have fun!

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
What I meant by purists is a group of folks who keep their cars in the original condition. Wether I agree or not I am not going to bash them. And I would expect the very same curtesy from them.

From where I stand, Mustangs are like empty canvas, open to personal touch.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Thanx Martin... appreciate your candour . Cheers... let’s see some pics of your ride!
[email protected]

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I do find this topic of “change” somewhat amusing... a spoiler is Blasphemy... but hey... let’s paint the BULLITTSi in Black and Blue as well!! No harm...no foul huh?? lol. Guys...it’s a car!! Let’s just move on and treat it as a car... these are not “collector items” ...neither are the LE’s !!
You know why they were offered in other colors, correct? Also, those are factory options, even if it wasn't the color of the movie car :)

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
You know why they were offered in other colors, correct? Also, those are factory options, even if it wasn't the color of the movie car :)
HimTony... no I do not know why they were offered in other colours?? But are you saying they are “Purist” BULLITTS as well as the DHG??

Pls note... I am not bashing anyone on this forum..never have, never will! I respect others cars and their choices. The BULLITT has been in the works for me for exactly one year!! I’m pumped!
Thanx

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.. subtle changes will not deter from the the BULLITT homage at all!!...I promise!!
You would only really know that if someone buys your vision of your car as you modified it in the future. For example, I have a supercharged 2001 black Bullitt that had a decklid with a aftermarket piece that was meant to reference the subtle spoiler that was actually on the concept Bullitt. I kept that decklid because it's attached to the story of that car, but I wound up getting a spoilerless decklid to replace it since that was the way it came in production. I also had considered getting the car's color changed to dark highland green, but because it came that way from the factory and is one of the serialized cars in that color, I won't touch it.

Right now, I know of only one other person in the world who would buy my car should I sell it, and he likes the spoiler look. What that says to me is that down the road, when you make changes to a specialty car, someone may or may not appreciate those. That, of course, can affect what you get when you try to sell it for some reason. My philosophy is to not make any change that can't be reversed for the next caretaker :)

Again, that all said, so long as you are happy with it, that's all that matters. And as I mentioned earlier, I know other people who like spoilers on them, but anecdotally, there are probably more on this car who don't like them.

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Thanx Martin... appreciate your candour . Cheers... let’s see some pics of your ride!
[email protected]
Absolutely, as I said I can't wait to see your new pony being personalized in your very own way. My car is basically a twin of yours :), well almost. I hope it's OK if I hang a picture in this post, I haven't had a chance to set up a separate gallery /garage style thread.
Cheers
M.
IMG_0154.JPG

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HimTony... no I do not know why they were offered in other colours?? But are you saying they are “Purist” BULLITTS as well as the DHG??
The marketing people at Ford were concerned that a low volume car in a single color would not sell enough to be financially viable. It was heavily debated point between the Team Mustang engineers and them back in 2001. The compromise was to pick 2 dark colors, of which black and true blue fit the bill. There are some, even today, who don't like those black and blue cars because the movie car is green. So depending on your degree of how much stuff retains the design essence ("stripped down" and "green"), one could argue about what makes a purist.

The 2019 Kona Blue is a tribute to the 2001 true blue, and the owner of that car has something extraordinarily special. Were he to add a spoiler on that car, especially if holes were drilled to mount it. it would like be perceived as being "ruined" and it would decrease it's desirability among more people than not.

How does the spoiler you are considering mount on the car?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Holes.....and lots of em!! Had fun with the install!! I still feel thes Roush spoilers are....”somewhat” subtle???
A1516E0A-EC88-421D-B024-2ABF9193393E.jpeg
2C26EDDC-E48C-4230-A4A8-9F2BB35BD7C9.jpeg
1801FFAC-A5B3-4CCD-96D5-A1EA5D5472DA.jpeg

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Absolutely, as I said I can't wait to see your new pony being personalized in your very own way. My car is basically a twin of yours :), well almost. I hope it's OK if I hang a picture in this post, I haven't had a chance to set up a separate gallery /garage style thread.
Cheers
M.
IMG_0154.JPG
Holy crap...yep, twins for sure!

Also for my US counterparts...the BULLITT is reall no big deal here in Canada...admin chgs are not existent!! I got mine for less than the MSRP.. plus a huge trade it for my Black Magic cuts the taxes considerably!!

Also...I’ve been into Muscle cars since 1989!! I’ve done lots...subtle changes on all of them.. over all the years... I’m up $20,000 to the good!! Never had a problem with resales...like ever! Right now there is a line up for Black Magic!! Go figure!!!!

This 57 was my last....17 in wheels, radio, heater, lighter delete from the factory! A lot of one-off stuff!! 327 with correct factory dual fours and a 5spd!!!
4E76F79A-1A46-4689-A13C-1C8018461D72.jpeg
A862F8F9-5BB6-4424-AE8D-EA46A5A34AC2.jpeg
F8555E0B-2578-458A-A68D-8DF2647A5D06.jpeg