Proposed Paxton Build Feedback

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Im planning out my first FI build and I understand more is not always better nor suitable for the purpose it is intended to serve. Looking to go get a power adder in the spring and just want to make sure my planned build makes sense and is doable and fun on the street. I don't plan on going to the track but maybe will once or twice just for the experience.

My proposed build is:
Beefcake Stage 2 Paxton (3.6 pulley, BAP and 1050x injectors) w/ Beefcake Torque Booster (Wastegate)
8 rib upgrade
93 PBD tune
Catless Long tubes
Ported 18 Intake manifold
OPGs

I also have a PP car so 3.73s for me.

Thanks for any feedback!
Sponsored

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
Yeah, skip the torque booster. You have plenty of torque muliplication with the 3.73 gears. Depending on your goals, you could save a few bucks without the 8 rib setup also. Should have no slip with a 6 rib and down to a 3.33" pulley.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Save your money on the following parts:

- Torque booster(it's not a torque booster, it's actually a WHP/WTRQ limiter, the point is to cap your top end boost so you make less boost and power, this is not needed on a 3.6 pulley)
- 8 rib set up

Now use the money you planned to spend that one a fuel system so you can run e85 and make even more WHP/WTRQ

Everything else in your build looks solid, should be good to make 700-800whp depending the fuel you use

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Yeah, skip the torque booster. You have plenty of torque muliplication with the 3.73 gears. Depending on your goals, you could save a few bucks without the 8 rib setup also. Should have no slip with a 6 rib and down to a 3.33" pulley.
okay skipping on the booster makes sense. After doing prior reading I know a small pulley gets you to boost faster but i am just concerned with the belt slipping. Soi guess since im not tracking it and doing multiple passes I should be good?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Save your money on the following parts:

- Torque booster(it's not a torque booster, it's actually a WHP/WTRQ limiter, the point is to cap your top end boost so you make less boost and power, this is not needed on a 3.6 pulley)
- 8 rib set up

Now use the money you planned to spend that one a fuel system so you can run e85 and make even more WHP/WTRQ

Everything else in your build looks solid, should be good to make 700-800whp depending the fuel you use
Makes sense. Much appreciated! I know centris make power as the rpms increase but I still want it to be fun on the street without having to redline it every time. Or am I thinking too much into that concept?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Looks like a good build list to me. The 18 manifold will really complement the supercharger nicely.

I'm more familiar with the Procharger world but it's essentially the same idea. The wastegate will bring up midrange power but you can only benefit from it by using a smaller pulley. I'm not familiar with what a 3.6 will do but on 93 you can only safely do around 12psi. To get more power out of the wastegate you would pulley for more than 12psi (smallest you can go without overspinning), and the gate will bleed off the excess over your target. Since boost builds linearly it brings your car into boost much faster than a 12psi pulley will. If your car is street driven I can't recommend it enough.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
with the 15 up cars, the wastegate isn't as crucial as they can take more power than the 11-14 cars. it still has it's place, but stage 2 package with bigger bov that is custom for us, is the better way to go imo

hit me up with any questions
beef
513-478-1965

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What will a 3.33 pulley make on E85?

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I did the beefcake special stage 2 kit with a fuel system and made 759/625 on e85. Dot mess with the tq booster and forget about the bap and 8 rib upgrade

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang