Sponsored

Wile E's Paxton build went south

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm not gonna say it wasn't a fueling issue but if we had more E85 pumps here in MS I would be running it in mine. I'm going to build it back stronger and better than ever. The Paxton must have just been a factory defect it's getting sent off soon. After seeing that the vavletrain was find I suspect I have broken rings. I'll be running some torco in the tank from now on since I can't get E85.

Yea, see I'm alrdy at 635hp on 10 psi I can't run E85 because I believe I would than be making to much power reliably on stock block.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm not gonna say it wasn't a fueling issue but if we had more E85 pumps here in MS I would be running it in mine. I'm going to build it back stronger and better than ever. The Paxton must have just been a factory defect it's getting sent off soon. After seeing that the vavletrain was find I suspect I have broken rings. I'll be running some torco in the tank from now on since I can't get E85.
as far as piston / rod in the 15, the rings are the biggest weak link there, even though we have boss like rods, we don't have the pistons, it'svery thin up there.

we run torco / octanium in the shop ecoboost since we can't get e85. about $1 gallon more, but when your pushing it, it helps a lot, car gets 3-4 more degrees of timing

Yea, see I'm alrdy at 635hp on 10 psi I can't run E85 because I believe I would than be making to much power reliably on stock block.

not true, e85 has about a 100 octane level, but performs more like a 115+ because of the cooling effect it gives the cylinder.

you could probably make another 40-50 more hp as safe as saver as what your pushing now, with e85,

the detonation is whats going to cause your issues.

OP
OP

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
So I'm assuming triple wile e was pushing about 14-15 psi?. I'm pushing around 10-11 psi on my Paxton with Lund tune making 635. I believe 10-11 is pretty safe on 93 pump correct? OP, did you request to tune for that high because I don't think Lund would automatically push that much boost on stock motor unless you request it. I was always told not to go over 10-11 psi on stock motor.

I was still datalogging at the time on a few different revised tune to really dial it in I didn't get to really see what it would do. I don't have a boost gauge yet but I got one coming now.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
as far as piston / rod in the 15, the rings are the biggest weak link there, even though we have boss like rods, we don't have the pistons, it'svery thin up there.

we run torco / octanium in the shop ecoboost since we can't get e85. about $1 gallon more, but when your pushing it, it helps a lot, car gets 3-4 more degrees of timing

not true, e85 has about a 100 octane level, but performs more like a 115+ because of the cooling effect it gives the cylinder.

you could probably make another 40-50 more hp as safe as saver as what your pushing now, with e85,

the detonation is whats going to cause your issues.
what is the difference between the 11-14 block and the 15 other than the internals of course.
I reassembled my engine with a 11-14 alluminator block.

OP
OP

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
what is the difference between the 11-14 block and the 15 other than the internals of course.
I reassembled my engine with a 11-14 alluminator block.
It should be all the same that's the route that I'm going to do. Seems to be the easiest way to make reliable power.

Sponsored

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
So with stock crank pulley and 3.6" supercharger pulley how much is that with stock headers/cats and catback exhaust? Thanks man. I think the ID1000's and JMS PowerMax should help out with fuel delivery as well.
Jeff, I am running the 3.6 pulley and hit a max of 12 psi and 525 hp at the wheels on a mustang dyno with the same setup you have. I will probably keep mine around this level unless Beefcake comes up with a torque booster kit for the 15s.

OP, that sucks about your engine letting loose. I hope you are able to get back on the road soon and it not cost too much extra money.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Jeff, I am running the 3.6 pulley and hit a max of 12 psi and 525 hp at the wheels on a mustang dyno with the same setup you have. I will probably keep mine around this level unless Beefcake comes up with a torque booster kit for the 15s.

OP, that sucks about your engine letting loose. I hope you are able to get back on the road soon and it not cost too much extra money.
Sweet. I feel a little better about my install then. Lol. 11-12psi seems pretty conservative.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Before you hurt it were you able to successfully get any logs done? Wonder what the issue was, if it was running lean on one bank it doesn't seem like fuel quality was the issue. I'm assuming the bank that was lean was the side that the hurt cylinders are on?

Hope your able to narrow it down and come up with an answer as to why it happened. Sorry to hear again, good luck getting it sorted out rebuilt stronger.

OP
OP

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Before you hurt it were you able to successfully get any logs done? Wonder what the issue was, if it was running lean on one bank it doesn't seem like fuel quality was the issue. I'm assuming the bank that was lean was the side that the hurt cylinders are on?

Hope your able to narrow it down and come up with an answer as to why it happened. Sorry to hear again, good luck getting it sorted out rebuilt stronger.
It's was lean on the side that hurt the cylinders at first my BAP wasn't working but I got it working after I programmed it right. I will ordering a short block soon no need in putting stock stuff back in just to happen again.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Triple Wile E

Paxton'd Wile E
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 TYPP Mustang GT
How lean was it running? How much timing was in the car?
It's was running 14% leaner on the one bank. I'm not sure on the timing I'd have to go back and look at the datalogs.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R

E85 is a saving grace. I've been over 830whp for over 5000 miles now. I attribute my engine longevity to E85.

Kryckter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's was running 14% leaner on the one bank. I'm not sure on the timing I'd have to go back and look at the datalogs.
Yikes, 14% is alot. So if you were 11.5 or so that puts it up over 13:1 on the one bank...

E85 is a saving grace. I've been over 830whp for over 5000 miles now. I attribute my engine longevity to E85.
E85 is forgiving, but I dont think even E85 would save from a 15% swing on AFR...:thumbsup:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Yikes, 14% is alot. So if you were 11.5 or so that puts it up over 13:1 on the one bank...

E85 is forgiving, but I dont think even E85 would save from a 15% swing on AFR...:thumbsup:
It was lean on that bank, because the dead holes throw the AFR's off.
(Can't read unburnt fuel AKA misfire)