Sponsored

Project NO1CARES (5.2/YSI-B/TH400)

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Sorry to hear man . You are the only other person I know of whose luck with engine‘s sucks almost as bad as mine 🥺(that‘s why I started keeping multiple “spares “ 😬)
…. and no recent engine failures since I started keeping spares so… may be try that … Lol
At the very least it will minimize your downtime.

Seriously though, I hope it’s not those diamond pistons although I doubt they could have failed so soon .

But the first sign of trouble I had with my Voodoo build with those pistons was loosing coolant too .
Sponsored

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Sorry to hear man . You are the only other person I know of whose luck with engine‘s sucks almost as bad as mine 🥺(that‘s why I started keeping multiple “spares “ 😬)
…. and no recent engine failures since I started keeping spares so… may be try that … Lol
At the very least it will minimize your downtime.

Seriously though, I hope it’s not those diamond pistons although I doubt they could have failed so soon .

But the first sign of trouble I had with my Voodoo build with those pistons was loosing coolant too .
So get this. I waited 10 weeks for pistons i ended up not even getting. he put Mahle's in it.

So that scratches that. I swear, if its turned into a tuning issue or something. I'm losing my mind because this has gotten out of hand.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
You gonna have to put them on blast. Cuz continuing to blame a tune that most boosted coyotes with stock motors get is BS.
im going to avoid doing so for as long as they keep their word and continue to at least do the right thing.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
im going to avoid doing so for as long as they keep their word and continue to at least do the right thing.
also considering, he has been good talking to me and has built one bad ass engine. When it gets worked out that is. I’m not the easiest customer. Lol

Sponsored

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Damn, sorry to hear about the latest troubles. I just read the entire thread hoping to see what this beast put down. Hope they make it right for you.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Damn, sorry to hear about the latest troubles. I just read the entire thread hoping to see what this beast put down. Hope they make it right for you.
thanks for following! Things happen. It’ll get fixed.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Sorry sir. Still watching 🙏

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Engine has yet to be picked up for shipment. Has been prepared and sitting by the door since Thursday 7/14. This whole situation has me in disbelief and looking for alternatives. olaosunt's idea to have a spare is really looking more and more realistic. Debating buying another block and having it sleeved/machined so that if i have another issue, i can just swap over the internals. Trying my best to have patience. Wish me luck guys. lol

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
My plan is spare as well, at some point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Engine was picked up and received at holbrook with no issues on friday morning. Of course, the nmra race didn't allow for any update but we shall see how long the turn around takes.

fingers crossed.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Have you heard from the engine builder about their thoughts on what went wrong yet ?

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Have you heard from the engine builder about their thoughts on what went wrong yet ?
nope not yet. I called for an update on Friday and was told the engine hasn’t even been broken down yet (engine was received 7/22). He had only confirmed that the engine had a lot of water in it. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Engine was removed 7/13 so I’m counting the days.

I did see that his son melted a piston at the last nmra race and that engine has already been torn down so I’m sure that’s his priority. 😡

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Welp, after doing a ton of logs. going back and forth with rob. Finally getting the car running awesome and ready to drive. I scheduled a reservation with an alignment rack to get the suspension dialed. I figured before i drive the car, i would check all the fluids and verify that its ready to go.

I checked the oil and sure enough, it was WAY over full and super milky. My stomach dropped. i open up the coolant reserve and sure enough, it was empty.

pressurized the cooling system after draining all the oil and it had a steady stream of water out of the oil drain plug. I crimped off the oil cooler hose's and re tested and the same thing occured.

Long story short, a sleeve didnt seal and the engine is now back out and waiting shipment. Lucky me, 2022 is not my race season. I'm just hoping I'll see the engine again before fall.

milk.jpg

engineout.jpg

Shipping will be covered and hopefully everything will be taken care of. This is becoming less of a dream and more of a nightmare. fingers crossed.
Bro

Im so sorry! What a shitty, shitty situation. Having JUST been through a motor install myself my only advice (again) is to say

BUILD YOUR MOTOR YOURSELF BRO!!!

I do not trust these damn shops!

UGH.... sorry to see.
Sponsored