Sponsored

Project NO1CARES (5.2/YSI-B/TH400)

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
They really finish it off. I was secretly hoping they were aftermarket and they had something similar for the Gen 3. Sigh ....:)

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
We are officially on tune revision 5 to get this car running correctly. This things is ROWDY. May end up needing to put an electric vacuum pump or vacuum canister to keep the power brakes working. Its just barely not enough to keep the assist up after pumping the brakes twice.

Hoping to align it today and start back on finishing up the electrical. Still so much to do but really enjoying the way she sounds.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
That sounds scary. No brakes.
I was able to feel it as soon as i was backing the car out of the driveway for the first drive so i did anticipate it from there on out. Everything is fine when you hit the peddle for the first 3 times but it uses all its reserve and can't build the vacuum back fast enough. Something i didn't take into consideration when the engine was degreed. But i'll get it straight. i really refuse to go manual brakes so if anything, i'll just put a 6.0 external electric vacuum pump specifically for the power assist and go from there.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
On my 66 I had power brakes with an electric pump in the trunk, worked great. I had power brakes with the engine off.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
On my 66 I had power brakes with an electric pump in the trunk, worked great. I had power brakes with the engine off.
This is good to know. sadly, everything is now on delay.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Welp, after doing a ton of logs. going back and forth with rob. Finally getting the car running awesome and ready to drive. I scheduled a reservation with an alignment rack to get the suspension dialed. I figured before i drive the car, i would check all the fluids and verify that its ready to go.

I checked the oil and sure enough, it was WAY over full and super milky. My stomach dropped. i open up the coolant reserve and sure enough, it was empty.

pressurized the cooling system after draining all the oil and it had a steady stream of water out of the oil drain plug. I crimped off the oil cooler hose's and re tested and the same thing occured.

Long story short, a sleeve didnt seal and the engine is now back out and waiting shipment. Lucky me, 2022 is not my race season. I'm just hoping I'll see the engine again before fall.

milk.jpg

engineout.jpg

Shipping will be covered and hopefully everything will be taken care of. This is becoming less of a dream and more of a nightmare. fingers crossed.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Damn man sorry to hear about the engine issues. Sounded killer on the idle vid though!!! What cams? This car should rip once ironed out.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Jesus Christ dude. Sorry to hear.

remind me, when you pulled your stock motor, was it running? Did Holbrook cover the first motor that got hurt fully?

Last edited:
OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Jesus Christ dude. Sorry to hear.

remind me, when you pulled your stock motor, was it running? Did Holbrook cover the first motor that got hurt fully?
Yea, the stock motor just had a hurt head gasket. The built short block just had a piston rattle and was blamed on timing. So nothing was covered at all.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Damn man sorry to hear about the engine issues. Sounded killer on the idle vid though!!! What cams? This car should rip once ironed out.
these are custom blower cams by comp cams/Holbrook

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Yea, the stock motor just had a hurt head gasket. The built short block just had a piston rattle and was blamed on timing. So nothing was covered at all.
really hope they don’t try to hit you with more shenanigans this time.

OP
OP
NO1CARES

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
really hope they don’t try to hit you with more shenanigans this time.
honestly, I really don’t see how they even could. I paid for everything to be done and done right. I can show him every data log of the car running because I’ve been working to get the idle and drivability corrected. But we will see. Anything is possible.
Sponsored