Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased some rubberized interior accent inserts (that's my fancy term for them) for various areas of the cabin. Got them on ebay for a pretty reasonable price. Comes with inserts for cup holders, coin tray, glove box (kinda useless, as no one sees it), bottom door inserts (also kind of useless) and center console tray. Not sure how I feel about them... I like the red mustang logo, but unsure about the red border line .. seems a bit over the top. (with the exception of the cup holders, they'r e growing on me) I am always striving for subtle cosmetic enhancements. Less is more in my opinion...

1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
10.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got some good quality seat belt inserts (not sure the technical term for these). My wife has been complaining that the seat belts dig into her neck. I've experienced it a little bit myself, but not as bad. These are good quality and have a leather type feel to them. Very happy with these....

3.jpg
4.jpg

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Last week we drove home from a family gathering approx an hour away. The temps had dipped into the 50's. We kept the top down, had the wind restrictor installed, windows up and the heat cranked to 80 (it's free heat by the way courtesy of the engine so don't skimp...). We were totally comfortable all the way home and enjoyed a great view of the moon and stars...We even had smooth jazz playing via spotify and it felt like we were in our living room just hanging out listening to the music....

11.jpg

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Finally took the time to properly clean my tires and rims. Used my new Griots Garage detailing stool along with some wheel woolies and a tire brush I purchased on Amazon. Everything worked great! The weather has been terrible here (50's and rainy) for several weeks. Beginning to wonder if the top down season is over..

20181004_170722.jpg
20181004_170727.jpg
20181004_170737.jpg
20181004_170806.jpg

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Took her to the office today and decided to take a few pictures with my phone.. Just got the new top on her and getting as much driving in before winter storage
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Put the Mustang to bed yesterday... it is now in storage for the Winter... the long wait begins....:yawn::brokenheart::crying::rain:
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
EPILOGUE:
It has been over a year since I posted in this build thread. Unfortunately in March of 2019 I decided to sell the GT Convertible and take a break from the Mustang scene. I've learned a lot these past 2 years and the biggest lesson is to always follow your heart when it comes to dreams and goals. My dream was to own a Shelby GT350, but decided to revise my goals to meet what I was comfortable with at the time. I don't regret the decisions I have made as they have afforded me some great experiences and the ability to move on to the next chapter knowing that I am making the right decision.
I really did enjoy the convertible, but found its usefulness as a top down vehicle severely limited here in the state of Wisconsin. I was always on the cold/uncomfortable side and also felt a bit exposed with the top down, as I am more of a private person. I have no doubt that if I lived in a warm weather state such as Florida, Texas, California, etc I would own a convertible. There were a handful of "perfect" days in Wisconsin where the ride was heavenly; Unfortunately those were few and far between.
Thanks again to all of the Mustang 6G convertible community for all of your comments, input and support.

Last edited:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
EPILOGUE:
It has been over a year since I posted in this build thread. Unfortunately in March of 2019 I decided to sell the GT Convertible and take a break from the Mustang scene. I've learned a lot these past 2 years and the biggest lesson is to always follow your heart when it comes to dreams and goals. My dream was to own a Shelby GT350, but decided to lower my goals to meet what I was comfortable with at the time. I don't regret the decisions I have made as they have afforded me some great experiences and the ability to move on to the next chapter knowing that I am making the right decision.
I really did enjoy the convertible, but found its usefulness as a top down vehicle severely limited here in the state of Wisconsin. I was always on the cold/uncomfortable side and also felt a bit exposed with the top down, as I am more of a private person. I have no doubt that if I lived in a warm weather state such as Florida, Texas, California, etc I would own a convertible. There were a handful of "perfect" days in Wisconsin where the ride was heavenly; Unfortunately those were few and far between.
Thanks again to all of the Mustang 6G convertible community for all of your comments, input and support.
Life is full of goals and dreams. Knowing what you want vs thinking you know are totally different at times. I am very happy for you with the purchase of your Shelby. I am sure you will enjoy it to the fullest.

As for me and my CS vert, I still am loving it... ZERO regrets what so ever. Having said that, at some point I may buy an Arctic White C7 Vette GS trim manual.....if I can find one when/if I decide. I think it would look very nice sitting by my CS..

Again, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your 350.

Cheers
Derek

OP
OP
Lorne34

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Life is full of goals and dreams. Knowing what you want vs thinking you know are totally different at times. I am very happy for you with the purchase of your Shelby. I am sure you will enjoy it to the fullest.

As for me and my CS vert, I still am loving it... ZERO regrets what so ever. Having said that, at some point I may buy an Arctic White C7 Vette GS trim manual.....if I can find one when/if I decide. I think it would look very nice sitting by my CS..

Again, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your 350.

Cheers
Derek
Thanks Derek, I appreciate it. I am excited to get back into the Forums and participate again. I am not ruling out another convertible in my future as well. Seasons of life change which is what keeps it exciting!
Sponsored