Sponsored

Project Copperhead

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Most definitely. I am glad it turned out the way it did, I was very nervous going into the planning of going with a color like this for fear it was going to come off too, I hate to say this word, but ricer. I wanted it to be bold but tasteful. Thankfully my art degree is coming in handy for more than just my job. :lol:
Oh no doubt, the whole thing could have turned out very ricer. Sorry if I missed it but was that color a custom one you picked or was it a color Vossen offered?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Oh no doubt, the whole thing could have turned out very ricer. Sorry if I missed it but was that color a custom one you picked or was it a color Vossen offered?
It was a color I had them do. It wasn't offered before so I worked with Brian on getting exactly the color I wanted. They were awesome at Vossen during the whole process and making sure I was 100% happy with the product and color.

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so did they give you extra for curb rash touch up?????????
There is no touch up on these. It's a tinted clear over a brushed aluminum. It's like candy paint on a car. The solution is to not rash your wheels.

Five.Point.Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition V8 4x4
Beautiful car, man!!! I'd really love to have this wheel set up on my future Ruby Red GT. If you don't mind disclosing a little information, how much did the wheels set you back and would you mind if I bit and took the color too (It's mind-boggling gorgeous)? I can't find any pricing or customizability info on Vossen's website and that's why I'm asking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful car, man!!! I'd really love to have this wheel set up on my future Ruby Red GT. If you don't mind disclosing a little information, how much did the wheels set you back and would you mind if I bit and took the color too (It's mind-boggling gorgeous)? I can't find any pricing or customizability info on Vossen's website and that's why I'm asking.
The VPS line retail at $2k per wheel. Contact Brian@Vossen here on the forums for more information. He'll take care of you. Obviously I like being the only person with this color from Vossen for now since I had it done for my car but that won't last forever. I'm not the first person to ever have this color on a wheel before by any means.

Five.Point.Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition V8 4x4
The VPS line retail at $2k per wheel. Contact Brian@Vossen here on the forums for more information. He'll take care of you. Obviously I like being the only person with this color from Vossen for now since I had it done for my car but that won't last forever. I'm not the first person to ever have this color on a wheel before by any means.
Wowza!! .... I guess that's why they call them luxury wheels lol. I think you might be the only one with them for quite awhile because I'm gonna just wait till they go on sale! :D

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wheels look great in the video. Any more rubbing issues?
So far so good, I ordered the Steeda toe links and am going to go back and at the very least try to get the rear around the -1.75 to -2 mark. This -2.5 + crap isn't cutting it for traction. Now that I know I'm safe at this mark, at least I know if I rub, where it has to go to fit. I think on full compression on a road like the dragon I'd have more issues. I've been trying to ease into how much I dive into corners and push it so I don't eat a fender with the 285's up front. On our short drive though I didn't hear anything but did pull a little grime off the inside front fender so I think it's probably just barely touching enough to leave the tire gel there but not make any real noise. I doubt I'll change much about my front alignment. Moving to -1 from -1.5 might be pushing it for now at least. I just want to get the rear more situated to get some more traction and put more actual tire on the road.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Poisond281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting
Looks and sounds awesome!

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
So far so good, I ordered the Steeda toe links and am going to go back and at the very least try to get the rear around the -1.75 to -2 mark. This -2.5 + crap isn't cutting it for traction. Now that I know I'm safe at this mark, at least I know if I rub, where it has to go to fit. I think on full compression on a road like the dragon I'd have more issues. I've been trying to ease into how much I dive into corners and push it so I don't eat a fender with the 285's up front. On our short drive though I didn't hear anything but did pull a little grime off the inside front fender so I think it's probably just barely touching enough to leave the tire gel there but not make any real noise. I doubt I'll change much about my front alignment. Moving to -1 from -1.5 might be pushing it for now at least. I just want to get the rear more situated to get some more traction and put more actual tire on the road.
Man, that's a lot of work finding a sweet spot. You don't look that low either. Low yes, but not like where I'd expect to see issues. How did Brian get his car so low with wider wheels and he says it doesn't run at all. Maybe see what specs he is running with his alignment.

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, that's a lot of work finding a sweet spot. You don't look that low either. Low yes, but not like where I'd expect to see issues. How did Brian get his car so low with wider wheels and he says it doesn't run at all. Maybe see what specs he is running with his alignment.
I'm running a fatter tire than he is up front for sure and possibly my rears are actually putting down a wider footprint. He had a 275 up front in a more narrow style tire in the Toyo. These Hankooks are very very meaty. It reminds me back when the original OEM S02's on the 00-01 S2000's were labeled as a 225 but were actually putting about a 245'ish size contact patch on the pavement. Brian had a 315 rear on this exact same set of offsets that didn't look as close to his fenders and as wide as these 305 Hankooks.

I could run a much narrower tire and probably have 0 issues. I'm actually not having any issue currently but the rear camber is just too much currently and I can see where the fronts have the possibility of it. It also boils down to me being a perfectionist about how everything is set.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
I'm running a fatter tire than he is up front for sure and possibly my rears are actually putting down a wider footprint. He had a 275 up front in a more narrow style tire in the Toyo. These Hankooks are very very meaty. It reminds me back when the original OEM S02's on the 00-01 S2000's were labeled as a 225 but were actually putting about a 245'ish size contact patch on the pavement. Brian had a 315 rear on this exact same set of offsets that didn't look as close to his fenders and as wide as these 305 Hankooks.

I could run a much narrower tire and probably have 0 issues. I'm actually not having any issue currently but the rear camber is just too much currently and I can see where the fronts have the possibility of it. It also boils down to me being a perfectionist about how everything is set.
I gotcha. For that kind of coin you better be a perfectionist. Lol. They look great man. I've never had to play with alignment stuff before. Sounds like a nightmare.

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gotcha. For that kind of coin you better be a perfectionist. Lol. They look great man. I've never had to play with alignment stuff before. Sounds like a nightmare.
It's not that bad, the most annoying part is finding someone you can trust and work with. I just noticed the dealer didn't lift the car when they adjusted my front camber plates and just used a pry bar or something and scratched part of my engine bay that I'm annoyed about. I had my S2000 corner balanced and it was amazing. Usually people already have all this crap figured out so it doesn't take any work, but being an early adopter of a new platform you run into these things. Even the same offset and sizes as someone else, running a different tire and size brings on it's own set of issues to figure out, it's all a part of it and I sort of enjoy the tinkering to get it just right. I just wish I had all the shop equipment to do it myself.
Sponsored