Project code name: MooTTang

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
What’s up ladies and gents. Picked up a 2016 Gt premium PP car about a month or so ago and figured it’s time to start up a build thread!

Bought the car with 30k miles on it and it came with a k&n intake and I believe it’s a corsa extreme catback as it’s louder than hell ( my neighbors suck anyways).

I’ve done a few mods so far. I’ve installed a Steeda short throw shifter which ended up being a little shit show due to the crappy plastic collar for the reverse lockout giving out on me, replaced that with a nice black billet piece to finish that out nicely.

Current Mod List:
K&N Intake
Stainless works 1 7/8" longtube headers
Corsa xtreme catback
Ford performance hood strut kit
Steeda Shift Knob
Steeda Rear Differential Insert kit
Steeda Transmission Mount Insert
Steeda Shifter Base Bushing
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
Boomba Rear Vertical Links
BMR Drag springs
17x10 VMS racing rears with 305/45/17
18x5 VMS racing fronts still searching for tires for these and then they will get mounted.
PBD 91/E85 tune currently on e85 file.
18+ ported intake manifold
56lbs/hr injectors

Needs installed:
Cervini's upper and lower grills
S550 Euros tinted clear tails
S550 Euros GT500 spoiler with wicker bill
Fancy pants coyote badges

Plan is to put together a twin turbo setup later this year utilizing Hellion or on3’s kit. Trying to do a lot of supporting stuff for that as I go so I’m not wasting time and money throughout the build. Anywho, I’ll keep this thing updated as I go along and looking forward to meeting/sharing anything I learn along the way! Happy wrenching!

083C79BA-DFFB-4792-B896-DDFCBAC6E6BC.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
S550_John

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Pulled the boomba trans Mount. NVH got very bad, to the point it felt like my car was going to rattle apart anytime I was over 2k rpm’s and got worse the higher up it went as expected.
Reinstalled the factory mount in the meantime and placed an order for the Steeda shifter base bushing and their transmission mount insert. Those show up Monday and I’ll likely install them then.
May reach out to boomba with some question I have in the meantime about orientation of the mount I had about the mount after removing it.
I’ll report back on the Steeda product once it’s installed and I get some rips in! In the meantime, here’s a shot from this weeks wash session!

16CC66C1-992A-409D-B948-DAB56EDFD565.jpeg

OP
OP
S550_John

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Installed the Steeda shifter bushing and transmission insert yesterday. Took me maybe 45 minutes to do both having removed both before and being familiar.
No noticeable added NVH from adding both which is cool. Shifts feel much better, each gear almost feels like it slides right to the next in both directions with no slop or chance of missing the slot. 10/10 would recommend.
Wish the boomba piece worked out for me because I’ve been a big supporter of them from my Focus ST days and they make great products. If this was just a track car I wouldn’t mind in the slightest.
96EEBE52-CAF8-4B09-99F3-2904325BD743.jpeg

OP
OP
S550_John

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Skinnies came for the 18x5 front wheels I picked up. Was super pumped to go get them mounted and balanced but then my TPMS sensors never got delivered. So those will
Hopefully come Monday and I’ll get the tires on the wheels and maybe mounted on the car next weekend.
Big shout out to the guys at Lethal Performance. Originally ordered some 28x6 MT et streets for the fronts and they reached out that those wouldn’t ship until 8/18. They got me squared away on a set of MT sportsmens in the same size on Thursday and they got delivered yesterday! Awesome customer service as always!
B4228574-63B3-42EC-9231-A439DE6C9B83.jpeg

OP
OP
S550_John

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Finally got the wheels on the front and it looks good! Car needs some more power now. Thinking about grabbing some injectors, an intake manifold, and I think a new intake. Trying to add pieces that will be beneficial when the turbos get installed so in the meantime these will get me a little more power out of the car.
Really struggling not to order some longtubes to pair with the corsa 🤔
1FB6717C-125C-4FC3-8F5F-C5817DCE2DBF.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
S550_John

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Welp, couldnt resist. Ordered all this stuff earlier this week.
Stainless works 1 7/8" longtube headers
1320 Junkies ported boss intake manifold
56lbs/hr injectors
Longtubes arent super helpful in the end goal as i'm still planning on going the twin turbo route but who doesnt love a good v8 with longtubes! Who knows maybe i'll like it so much a go the blower the route.
In the meantime, we'll squeeze some more power out of the car with these and enjoy it until i'll solidify my forced induction path and set the coming months.

OP
OP
S550_John

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Longtubes are in! For anyone thinking about installing yourself give yourself some time. The passenger side is TIGHT. The furthest front nut probably ate up 75% of my total install time. All in all not terrible, took some time and patience is all. Sounds fantastic! Will be uploading a video of it here in a day or so when I have time to break out the camera and get some clips!

OP
OP
S550_John

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Installed the 2018+ ported intake manifold this morning along with a set of 56lbs/hr injectors. Waiting for the revision to the tune from PBD. Was hoping to have the revised tune today so I can drive the car but no such luck. Maybe tomorrow evening and we’ll see the difference the new manifold/injectors make with the e85 tune.

OP
OP
S550_John

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Realized it's been awhile since i I last updated the build thread here. The ported intake manifold + 56lbs/hr injectors made a noticeable difference in both good and bad ways. The good: the car pulls like a damn freight train all the way to 7500rpms and just wants to scream down the road. The bad: when the car is cold it's an absolute nightmare to drive until it gets some heat in it, this is in big part i believe to the the IRMC lockouts. The car bucks like a wild horse, pun intended, you're all welcome, unless you perfectly balance/time the clutch/gas dance. This really isnt an issue really at all except when i'm trying to sneak out of the neighborhood for work without waking up everyone within a half mile. All in all i have no regrets with this mod and would recommend it and do it again.

Ordered some new pads as mine are getting low, assuming they are the originals still as i just cracked 37k miles. Going to install those tomorrow, went with powerstop z26 carbon ceramic pads. They had solid reviews and were reasonably priced so we'll give them a try.

Also ordered BMR drag springs with the pads but got a call and email that the product was discontinued so need to follow up with that as i have a hard time believing that.

That's all the update i have, FI still planned for the coming months. Really struggling between twin turbos as originally planned or a P1X procharger so up in the air on which direction i'm going to take the car right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S550_John

S550_John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Few updates to the build thread here. Got my BMR drag springs installed and am loving the look and way the car rides, couldn't be happier with the setup. Received my Cervini's upper and lower grills that are on the itinerary to be installed this weekend. Also picked up a set of the coyote badges for the grill and the back of the car. Not sure if ill like them or not as I didn't get to see an actual picture of the colors i ordered so we will see Thursday when they arrive.

This weekend i picked up a GT500 spoiler with the wicker bill attachment for it as well as some tinted clear tails from S550euros. Spoiler is on its way to be delivered this week and will get installed as well. I have a couple more items t pick up for exterior pieces yet, i want the ARP carbon splitter and maybe the Cervini's cowl hood. Still on the fence about the hood.

Next on the list is the fore fuel system, clutch/flywheel, and forced induction. Narrowed it down some more between the Hellion sleeper with their 64mm turbos or a the ESS G3X centrifugal setup. Leaning towards the Hellion setup more but the ESS kit is very enticing. More to come on the FI topic.
BMR.jpg
Sponsored