Sponsored

Project "Anna"

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Yeah, they have two kits. One is a whole bumper and the valance for non-premium guys, the other just the valance. I emailed them directly about it because I couldn't find it on their site. However, pretty they have an eBay store where you can buy all of their stuff.
Is that Ikon?
Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Well, the Ikon diffuser is on the car. Overall fitment is pretty good. Lines up to the bumper well with no gaps or fitment issues of any sort on the body lines. The texture is slightly more fine than the side skirts- but I doubt most people would ever notice the difference. It's close. My only two gripes about the valance would be that I don't like how the reverse light mounts in it (not a huge deal) and that one portion on the underside is all wrong.

To elaborate: on the sides of the bumper, underneath, the OE textured plastic is shaped like "[" for 2 push-pins to clip into a plastic brace. The Ikon unit is incorrect here. Someone must have had their screen upside down because it comes out like an sideways "L" and just points at the ground and is visible if you're just standing at a slight distance. So, I cut it off. Doesn't do much, anyway. Other than that, it fits nicely, went together well and looks good.

However, it wouldn't be mechanics if everything went smoothly. I found out that Corsa's quads DO NOT fit with the 350 valance. Crosa's tips are meant for the Roush and just don't work with this. Plus the end of the muffler where the tip goes is just about touching the screen that goes around the quads. Thankfully, a bud has a muffler shop and is going to help me. But, I will have to wait until next week lol. So, I'm currently tip-less.

If you're looking to do this as a simple afternoon swap, you're going to need FRPP's quad style muffler. I love my Corsa system and could never switch, so I have to make my own kit. I would do this again knowing what I know now, but I would have planned things out so I wouldn't spend a weekend without tips :headbonk:

Anyway, here's some quick pics:

i-dZcCTZQ-X3.jpg

i-Jb7LzM5-X3.jpg

i-f6hVwPM-X3.jpg

i-GgWzNvw-X3.jpg

Last edited:

nightmare702

Murdered Mustang #055
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
MMR#055. IG: @nightmares550
Now you are giving us more ammo to tell your followers that you drive a gt350. :lol: Glad to see that the ikon is definitely worth the price too. Looking at the catfish fascia from them next week. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Now you are giving us more ammo to tell your followers that you drive a gt350. :lol: Glad to see that the ikon is definitely worth the price too. Looking at the catfish fascia from them next week. :thumbsup:
Lmao
That has become one of the most amusing things ever. Seriously. that and people wondering how I go over speed bumps when I post pics of it air'd out.

So with the help of my father (a second pair of hands makes life real easy), we were able to modify the tips and get them on the car. Honestly, with the right tools, it's a fairly simple job... But I wouldn't recommend this if you aren't comfortable with at least mig welding.
Basically, we cut the inlet off and then cut a hole into the middle of the cross section of pipe. V cut a piece of 2.5" stainless and welded it in place. Capped off the corner where the inlet use to be and welded the inlet onto the new center-mounted piece of 2.5". Viola! You now have a functioning Y pipe that fits the 350 valance and still retains the clamp. Using an old mig isn't nearly as tidy as a tig setup, but it's strong. Hell, I think even Corsa might be proud.

I absolutely love how it came out. The Corsa tips are much larger than OEM style quads and the black looks badass! Not to mention, I know this is the only set up like this out there :D
Pics:

i-dZcCTZQ-L.jpg

i-nrrPGjb-L.jpg

i-CrFMQXb-X3.jpg

i-gzPQmXq-X3.jpg

i-hjjzrSZ-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Really like the way that looks. Going to have to look into one for myself :)

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful Marcus, simply beautiful!
Thanks Jaime! Hopefully we can set something up soon so you can see her :cheers:
Really like the way that looks. Going to have to look into one for myself :)
I think it definitely adds a more aggressive look to the car over the original setup!
Sweet buttery Christ this looks incredible. Could you post a pic of your welded setup, I have no idea how to follow what you said. I need to be able to show my welding guy how to cut the tips.
:lol: Thanks :headbang:
It probably would have made sense for me to put that in the update, haha.

i-nrrPGjb-L.jpg

Sponsored

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Nice, the weld looks like it came stock! :p

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)

HBlakeH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP / Oxford White / Recaros
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Did you purchase the valence directly for Ikon? I've seen it before on eBay sold by them for $350

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-17-Ford-...ash=item568a05d811:g:hSsAAOSwYIxX4t0h&vxp=mtr

P.S. You may be the only one with that set up.... For now >=D
I contacted Ikon directly about the valance and talked with them about it, but they do have an eBay store where they sell most of their stuff.

Haha, I'd say I'm pretty safe in claiming that I'm the only person with Corsa quads on a 350 valance ;)
Thank you for the pic! Looks awesome man!
No problem man! :cheers:
Sponsored