cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Install is looking good.

I'm keeping track of this thread to see what comes of the imrc delete.
Sponsored

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
Install is looking good!

I also had BOTH of the initial problems you had with the ProCharger kit. I called them about the belts and ended up buying my own when they said they were correct. I had to buy belts 1.5" longer to work.

Do yourself a favor and DONT RISK IT with the passenger side intercooler outlet hose. I did. I towed it home from the highway the next day and had to tear the bumper back off to do it right with non-ProCharger parts. I used a silicone hump hose and aluminum coupler to mate the original PC piece.

Funny how both of these same problems happened to 2 customers half a world away. I used 6-rib belts from the autoparts store to find a length that would fit and then bought 8-rib belts online.

You'll get it sorted. But it's nice to see I wasn't nuts when they told me "it's worked for everyone else."
But only people on this forum complain. No other shop or customer in the world has issues. /sarcasm ;)

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My supplied belt didn't fit either. I had to buy another one.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
That harness behind the manifold and under the manifold - PITA. So glad all that stuff is gone.
Was the stock manifold a pita to remove because of this? Anything that needed to be plugged up from the IMRC system with this intake or a boss? I'd think there's a vacuum line running to those, unless they use manifold vacuum to operate.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Was the stock manifold a pita to remove because of this? Anything that needed to be plugged up from the IMRC system with this intake or a boss? I'd think there's a vacuum line running to those, unless they use manifold vacuum to operate.
It was very straightforward, really. Once you get everything out of the way and unbolted / unplugged, I lifted my manifold up and clear and towards the front of the car and juggled it to get on hand under the manifold to get at all the plugs (5 of them). There's also two plastic rivets with tie wraps holding the harness to the back of the manifold... you know... makes sense to put it in the hardest place to access for ease of maintenance later lol...

MAKE SURE you plug in the harness to the knock sensors to the main harness, I almost missed it.

You have to grind some plastic on the replacement piece, then make sure it's seating flush. I took off way too much plastic - I took off all the plastic from all the ribs because it didn't look like it would sit flush. Then I torqued it in a pattern and it worked great. I put tape over the 4 unplugged connectors and taped them to the harness in the back to keep them from being damaged or getting dirt inside them. On the front, since there's a connection for a vacuum source that has a hose that mates up in front of the throttle body, I ran that hose to a tee in front of the PC vacuum manifold block. I need a y fitting or a threaded fitting to the manifold to make it look factory, or I'd ultimately cap it off but I think it goes to the brake booster so I'm not gambling that one.

I would almost rather have a better breather oil catch can over the setup I have now or perhaps just a couple breathers and plug the PC inlet pipe where the PCV hoses enter it.

Install took several hours, only because of dropping a nut or bolt and having to fish it out or drop the belly pan, grind, test fit, grind, test fit, go buy new dremel bits, grind, test fit. Etc. I could do it now that the part fits properly in under an hour. Its really not bad. I'm curious how it fares on power down low and up high now. I guess we'll see.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I was able to unplug only the four connectors that controlled the IMRC. Getting ready to head out to finish it up and get it idling.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Would love to see a graph of one of you guys with the 11-14 intakes. Very curious what it does under boost above 6500 revs.

OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had the stock manifold off and boss back on in about an hour. Easy stuff.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Quick graph, looks like everything's smoothed out pretty well. This is still the base tune for idle logs but I had a corvette guy reinstall my original PC inlet tube for me one handed and then let him pull it on the dyno. I think it's got a ways to go, but I've still got a mix of highway high sulfur diesel and kerosene in the tank so once I get it back on 87 pump gas from shell it should be rocking. Surging is completely eliminated too, because I stuffed a golf ball in the proflow valve.

I'm only running 2.4 psi because the belts constantly slipping so I'm going to double up and run two 8 ribs together. I'm using the ones that came with the complete kit because I know they fit perfect.

Ah... Sundays.

Tapatalk spelling errors inside!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That's some real data there. Ha!

Quick graph, looks like everything's smoothed out pretty well. This is still the base tune for idle logs but I had a corvette guy reinstall my original PC inlet tube for me one handed and then let him pull it on the dyno. I think it's got a ways to go, but I've still got a mix of highway high sulfur diesel and kerosene in the tank so once I get it back on 87 pump gas from shell it should be rocking. Surging is completely eliminated too, because I stuffed a golf ball in the proflow valve.

I'm only running 2.4 psi because the belts constantly slipping so I'm going to double up and run two 8 ribs together. I'm using the ones that came with the complete kit because I know they fit perfect.

Ah... Sundays.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
The funny thing is, that looks a lot like the actual graph of that twin turbo Hellion setup on like 7 psi. Wonder what size shipping carton I would need to ship this kit to someone who's always wanted a blower...

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Nah not yet. I just find it hard to believe how much better the twin turbo power looks at so much lower boost. On 91 octane. I'm going to have to run E85 on 50% more boost with a Procharger to touch that. Hard to understand.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Nah not yet. I just find it hard to believe how much better the twin turbo power looks at so much lower boost. On 91 octane. I'm going to have to run E85 on 50% more boost with a Procharger to touch that. Hard to understand.

Two big turbos vs one big turbine, its all in the cfm
Sponsored