Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Any help would be greatly appreciated... Background story below...
I have a 2018 GT A10 with 20,000 miles. The car has been Procharged for 10,000 miles now. I am tuned by Lund both on the Dyno (remote) and street logs (obviously remote). The first dyno run the car only made 550whp and was being robbed of timing. I was told by the tuner that the high compression motor does not handle boost well on 93 pump gas and that we needed to run a can of octane boost. I have been running a can of Torco at every fill up, along with the best 93 gas around Charlotte NC. With Torco in the tank the car still only made 615whp. I am not a huge numbers person, but this still seems low. I guess I am reaching out for some help/advice on things I can check for or try. Lund says the logs look good, and the gas in Charlotte is what is holding me back. I just don't see every 2018 GT with this set up having to add meth, E85 (not available), or octane boost to make mid 600's and if I would have known this before hand I would have gone a different route boost wise. I am at a dead end with Lund as they say there is nothing else they can do tune wise to get more power. Is anyone else having this issue and what did you do to resolve it? The only thing "off" about the car since the install and tune is that on hot starts the car barely starts up, and is really quiet upon start. It idles down really quick to below 500rpms, almost shuts off, and then corrects itself. The only thing I have been able to notice that looks strange is my red race valve is only halfway open at idle (is this normal or should I adjust) Any advice would be really helpful in trying to figure this out. Set up is below, and thank you for taking time to read this...

P1SC / stage 2 intercooler / 4.10 pulley / red race valve (open) / ID1050 injectors / Brisk Colder plugs / DW400 fuel pump boost / Corsa Extreme Catback / 3.15 gears / still on stock headers
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Do you know how much boost it made on the dyno pulls? And yes your tuner is right around the 10-12 lb mark pump gas gets unhappy and is diminishing returns on more boost/less timing. Torco should've bumped it up a bit which it did.

Do you have the logs from the dyno runs? If so post them to datazap.me and drop the links here.

As fasr as the big red yes it only opens as much as it needs to depending on how much vacuum it is seeing.

You might check your plugs/ replace them with some NGK 6510 gapped to .028". A cracked plug or too big of gap would make it drop some serious power.

Bigswollnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 Mustang 5.0
That's disappointing. I used a centrifugal supercharger on my 2014 5.0 and was disappointed with the numbers on 93 also. With my 2018 I made the switch to a PD blower and got what I was looking for. You aren't the first person I've seen that has been unhappy with the numbers from those units. Just my opinion, but I would sell the kit and go whipple. I made 678 whp SAE without even revving to the redline, on 93 with stock headers and exhaust minus the cats, all on the base pulley, and tuned by PBD. Hope everything works out!

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
People need to remember that this is a P1sc and should not be compared to whipples or KB or any big TVS blower. It’s a small blower! Numbers won’t be staggering

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know how much boost it made on the dyno pulls? And yes your tuner is right around the 10-12 lb mark pump gas gets unhappy and is diminishing returns on more boost/less timing. Torco should've bumped it up a bit which it did.

Do you have the logs from the dyno runs? If so post them to datazap.me and drop the links here.

As fasr as the big red yes it only opens as much as it needs to depending on how much vacuum it is seeing.

You might check your plugs/ replace them with some NGK 6510 gapped to .028". A cracked plug or too big of gap would make it drop some serious power.
I'm not sure what boost it was seeing. I am fairly new to the remote tuning world. Is there a way I can log boost on the livewire logging software? I just figured since I was running the P1 that boost maxes out at around 9psi... I do have NGK plugs gapped at .028 now and asked the tuner at the dyno shop and he said the logs do not show unhappy plugs at all... thanks for your response!

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
You need to take it to a track to validate those numbers. That 4.10 pulley is like 7-8psi and you still have stock cats.
I definitely need to... It's my daily so I don't do a lot of track runs, but you are right, it would be a great benchmark

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
That's disappointing. I used a centrifugal supercharger on my 2014 5.0 and was disappointed with the numbers on 93 also. With my 2018 I made the switch to a PD blower and got what I was looking for. You aren't the first person I've seen that has been unhappy with the numbers from those units. Just my opinion, but I would sell the kit and go whipple. I made 678 whp SAE without even revving to the redline, on 93 with stock headers and exhaust minus the cats, all on the base pulley, and tuned by PBD. Hope everything works out!
This is what I was thinking. It sucks I obviously didn't do enough research on the front end, but I come from turbo BMW's and wanted the centrifugal power band. I am okay with 600whp as a daily driver, but I am more concerned with the fact I have to run an octane boost just to get those numbers haha.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
People need to remember that this is a P1sc and should not be compared to whipples or KB or any big TVS blower. It’s a small blower! Numbers won’t be staggering
You are right, and I was completely aware of this, and why I didn't go with the larger head unit. I wanted cooling for the humid summer months in NC and it is my daily so I am plenty fine with 600whp. The part that concerns me, is that I have to run an octane boost on the smallest head unit just to make the bare minimum power wise. The Procharger Tech said my numbers were low and that they are seeing 660-680 with the 18's and 19's on my same set up. It's just one of those annoying things where I might be chasing an issue that is not there...

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Or spend $150 on a smaller pulley and new belt and let the baby blower eat a little...

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Cat delete will reduce your knock potential if tuned right (less heat/backpressure) but may lower boost a bit. Save up for E85 fuel system, up the pulley and fly

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Or spend $150 on a smaller pulley and new belt and let the baby blower eat a little...
I thought about this, but I feel like if I pulley down to make more boost, I am just going to run into the original issue of unhappy knock sensors, and I don't have E85 around. I feel like a solid meth kit might be my best option, I just don't know if I want to go that route on a daily. I am fine with the power, but just wanted to know what others opinions were and if any one else was seeing this with the same set up. Thanks for the response...
Sponsored