Procharger guys on stock tranny and clutch

OP
OP

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
That's what I have currently. It's a great balance between sticky and longevity. If you put a lot of miles on your car this is the tire I would recommend. Does pretty good in the rain too.
What do you use for front tires
Sponsored

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

5.O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Put an rst clutch and it'll hold up fine, mine is still going strong at 18k miles with the Whipple with countless street and strip runs. I've seen so many mt82s break with the rxt as well as spec clutches.

OP
OP

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Put an rst clutch and it'll hold up fine, mine is still going strong at 18k miles with the Whipple with countless street and strip runs. I've seen so many mt82s break with the rxt as well as spec clutches.
What fly wheel are you guys using

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
My stock clutch was fine for about 5k miles @650whp. I went to the track and ended up breaking the ring gear on the flywheel, clutch didn't look too bad. Has anyone had that happen or know why? Maybe bad driver mod?

Anyway I replaced them with an rst clutch and steel flywheel. Rxt's will break your mt82.

[MENTION=9588]francisco511[/MENTION] same thing happened to me with about 600whp. Clutch and flywheel looked fine apart from the ring gear coming apart. Weakness in the flywheel rather than driving habit. Poor driving and shifting habits would show up as heat spots on the flywheel/clutch plate and shredded friction material. Replaced mine with a Mantic 9000. Love it.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm running stock clutch too..

670 WHP, no slip at all

Jaehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
32k miles, 12k boosted, about 30-40 passes boosted slipping the clutch at 2k and tons of autocross. just at the most recent night at the strip clutch started to slip a bit between the gears. still driving on it on the street and it's been fine there.

edit: street tires only

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I had my whipple since basically day 1. Around 5,500 miles I took notice clutch started feeling soft between shifts. Never launched the car hard, ie over 3k, never went to track, stock pirelli p zeros with 2/32 left lol...went to dyno 2nd time this weekend and made 50 less hp and can smell the clutch burning up. I just posted the other day "Whipple 25 % Flight Control Dyno" where you can see the clutch failing in the upper RPMs.

Car just hit 6,000 miles this weekend.

I'm debating on either the RST or going Mantic. Not quite sure if Mantic is worth all the extra money.

In the meantime, I just have the power turned down as clutch seems to be holding fine at that level.

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I'm running the stocker with a Paxton on a 3.48 and E. Soon to be 3.33. I keep it on street tires and generally just only do highway pulls south of the border. The key is to not drive it like a moron, lol. Mine has survived 20k miles of 1/3 were on a 150 shot and E, 1/3 on a full bolt on NA car running hoosiers and doing 6k launches at the track (didn't like that as much) and now it has the blower on it and is running great.

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am at around 650WHP and stock clutch/trans has been fine. Only time I had bad problem was 1/2 mile run when I launched hard and ate up clutch for 2 gears lol

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Stock clutch and trans here as well. Almost 30,000 miles total, the last 7,500 or so being supercharged. I was at about 630 WHP originally, but probably higher now after some tune revisions. No slippage yet, but as soon as the clutch goes, I'll throw in either a twin disc sprung hub Mantic, Exedy, or Centerforce.

This was the car that I learned how to drive stick on and I've only used street tires (Continental ExtremeContact DW right now). On a hot day and on a good road, 2nd gear will hook. I don't abuse the car, but I also don't baby it. Given all of this, I'm surprised the stock clutch is still alive and well. Makes me think that a lot of people on the internet that blow up their trans/clutch either can't drive or just have bad luck with the quality control lottery.

TFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The life of the clutch will be significantly reduced by the hard launches and the shock placed on the clutch.
Once the organic disc is glazed - all downhill from there.

My stock clutch finally started to slip after having over a dozen track days, and 5 of them being with Procharger Stage 2 and R888R tires. My car wasn't dyno'd, but I'd assume 600whp is a safe number - tune was made very conservative by LUND for road race use with redline at 8000.

Car had 12,800 miles on the clock when the McLeod RST went in with the aluminum flywheel.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
As long as you're not doing any hard launches at the track you should be good on the stock clutch and trans at that level. Once you get a little more power and are looking to do some track time, then it will be time for an RXT set up. We were pushing 850whp on our GT here at Lethal Performance with just an RXT and flywheel and we had no issues what so ever. Let me know if I can assist at all.

www.lethalperformance.com

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]na7_tA2cxuc[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored