Sponsored

Procharged w/fuel system running E85, how to safely pulley down and switch to 93?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Max boost on P1X is 32psi & max HP is 950 don’t know if that WHP or not. I’ve seen many in the 900WHP range.

IMG_3468.jpeg
Max boost for the blower is not what the max boost is for a given displacement engine, how well the heads flow, and how well the exhaust flows. A P1X will never achieve anywhere near 32 PSI on a Coyote. You could probably get 32 PSI on a 2.0 Honda spinning at 9000 RPM. Boost is a measurement of restriction, so the better/more efficient the air pump is (your engine) the less boost will be measured.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Max boost for the blower is not what the max boost is for a given displacement engine, how well the heads flow, and how well the exhaust flows. A P1X will never achieve anywhere near 32 PSI on a Coyote. You could probably get 32 PSI on a 2.0 Honda spinning at 9000 RPM. Boost is a measurement of restriction, so the better/more efficient the air pump is (your engine) the less boost will be measured.
Thank you I appreciate the clarification again I really don’t know and that’s why I appreciate everyone here

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Thank you I appreciate the clarification again I really don’t know and that’s why I appreciate everyone here
Do you have a boost gauge? Preferably an analog/mechanical gauge that taps into a vacuum source to the intake manifold?

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
"I have been reading a thread about how bad E85 can be for your motor"

Not sure why everyone is getting their panties in a wad regarding the boost pressure when the leading sentence in the OP is this.

Ya, E85 would be bad in older cars, but with today's fuel systems, it has more benefits than drawbacks. Just keep your maintenance up. I'd use it if I didn't have to drive to Podunk Oklahoma a lot where nobody has E.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why everyone is getting their panties in a wad
If you had actually read the thread, you would see that the discussion turned into a debate on whether he needed to pulley up and change his belt in order to run 93. That turned into a conversation about the discrepancies he was seeing in boost pressure, because if he really is achieving 22 psi, that would be no good for pump gas at all.

Sponsored

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
If you had actually read the thread, you would see that the discussion turned into a debate on whether he needed to pulley up and change his belt in order to run 93. That turned into a conversation about the discrepancies he was seeing in boost pressure, because if he really is achieving 22 psi, that would be no good for pump gas at all.
Oh I've read the thread. I'm just saying that since the opening sentence is based on misinformation, that should be where the thread went.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a boost gauge? Preferably an analog/mechanical gauge that taps into a vacuum source to the intake manifold?
I’m off today. Is this something I can go buy locally? I don’t have a boost gauge but will order one soon. If there’s one I can go pickup locally and plug in just to satisfy my curiosity I will. I’m about to call Procharger and ask how much boost is that pulley good for. BRB!

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Just checked my notes where I saved my Procharger serial number and paperwork and I have this listed :

IMG_3480.png

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
OK I just got off the phone with a pro charger tech I gave him the information he asked for and he said there’s no elevation in Michigan and in Indiana and I’m fine at a 20 or 21 PSI and I’m causing no harm to my blower.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Oh I've read the thread. I'm just saying that since the opening sentence is based on misinformation, that should be where the thread went.
E85 is bad for your motor if you don't more frequently change your oil, and if you take lots of short trips, especially in really cold climates. The fuel system really isn't the issue, it is the water that the fuel absorbs, the condensation that it produces, and the effects it has on your oil when not properly warmed up. Not really misinformation, just a misunderstanding of its application and how best to use it

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I’m off today. Is this something I can go buy locally? I don’t have a boost gauge but will order one soon. If there’s one I can go pickup locally and plug in just to satisfy my curiosity I will. I’m about to call Procharger and ask how much boost is that pulley good for. BRB!
In my opinion, you also need a vacuum block to get a good clean source for boost/vacuum to each of the components that requires it. Fuel pressure regulator, blow off valve, boost gauge. Im not really a fan of T'ing off of existing lines and sharing boost/vacuum sources, but a lot of people do it.

I wouldn't know if you have that type of stuff locally (speed shop near by?), but the Jeff Bezos store can probably get the stuff you need fairly quickly.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my opinion, you also need a vacuum block to get a good clean source for boost/vacuum to each of the components that requires it. Fuel pressure regulator, blow off valve, boost gauge. Im not really a fan of T'ing off of existing lines and sharing boost/vacuum sources, but a lot of people do it.
Isn't a vacuum block just a big T? TTTTTT rather?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Isn't a vacuum block just a big T? TTTTTT rather?
Not really, because the vacuum block has a chamber in it. When your BOV and Pressure regulator share a tiny 1/8" or 1/4" tube, the pulse from the BOV closing and opening can also send that pulse of pressure to the fuel pressure regulator and cause fuel pressure dips and spikes. Same issue can occur when using an electronic boost control solenoid (turbo aplications).

The chamber in the vacuum block provides a more consistant source of pressure/vacuum but requires that a larger line feed it for best results. (3/8" 1/2" etc)

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Idk how this went 6 pages. If your tuner gave you a 93 tune then put the damn tune in it. Just drive the car. Why are we scared to just drive the car even if it has a damn aggressive pulley?? Don’t go wot and you can enjoy your car during winter on 93. How is it 2023 and we still don’t know that you can run whatever pulley you want…if it’s not making boost then it isn’t a risk to the motor!

*walks out*