Procharged 5.0 Milky Coolant

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
if this were an old windsor I would have already taken the heads off and done gaskets. :D those things were notorious for popping head gaskets like that
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So nearly doubling the horsepower of a stock engine is considered a "mild" modification?

LOL.
Sureā€¦. Itā€™s kind of like taking a single horse & carriage and adding another horse. Now you have 2 horses, doubling the horsepower to pulling a single carriage. Thatā€™s a mild mod.

Now take the same carriage, add 11 more horses to itā€¦ so now thereā€™s 12 horses pulling a single carriage, but add a little ghost pepper to their oatsā€¦. Thatā€™s an extreme mod.

šŸ˜†šŸ¤Ŗ

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Come on don't be shy show us the oil and coolant tank caps?

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
could be a bad oil cooler
This. Before assuming the worst, check the easy/cheap stuff.

Not really sure that would really matter in the long run. Really should tear the engine down and replace all the bearings as antifreeze is not known for being kind to them.
Really. What does antifreeze do to them?

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Pull plugs to read what's going on and while they are out do a compression test

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Really. What does antifreeze do to them?
Is that a serious question?
You're mixing oil and water to form a froth that flows very poorly then putting it between bearings spinning thousands of times a minute under extreme pressure and you think they would survive without damage?
Let me ask you this. If your stock engine lost an oil cooler like this would you be happy if they replaced it and simply did an oil flush/change?
I'd bet not...

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Is that a serious question?
You're mixing oil and water to form a froth that flows very poorly then putting it between bearings spinning thousands of times a minute under extreme pressure and you think they would survive without damage?
Let me ask you this. If your stock engine lost an oil cooler like this would you be happy if they replaced it and simply did an oil flush/change?
I'd bet not...
Take the emotion out of your responses and answer the question.

My question was simply: "What does antifreeze do to them"?

You haven't answered that.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Scores them. Not to mention doing the same thing to the crank and cams.

And you didn't answer my question.
Would you be happy with that repair?

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Last week I said to someone on here, if supercharging make sure you have money set aside to replace the engine if needed. Got laughed at by a pile of people on here and got the speech about the Coyote is MADE FOR BOOST etc.

Hope you get it sorted out op.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Scores them. Not to mention doing the same thing to the crank and cams.

And you didn't answer my question.
Would you be happy with that repair?
I guess it depends on how long hes been running around with milky oil. A few hours? Nope, wouldn't cross my mind. Repair oil cooler and move on.

A week? yeah, id probably tear the motor down and re-bearing it.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Sureā€¦. Itā€™s kind of like taking a single horse & carriage and adding another horse. Now you have 2 horses, doubling the horsepower to pulling a single carriage. Thatā€™s a mild mod.

Now take the same carriage, add 11 more horses to itā€¦ so now thereā€™s 12 horses pulling a single carriage, but add a little ghost pepper to their oatsā€¦. Thatā€™s an extreme mod.

šŸ˜†šŸ¤Ŗ
Especially when they drop ass while they are pulling you.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are we going to get any updates or will this just be one of those Mystery threads . . . šŸ—æ

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
if this were an old windsor I would have already taken the heads off and done gaskets. :D those things were notorious for popping head gaskets like that
To be fair it's way easier to do head gaskets on a cast iron pushrod motor versus these massive hunks of aluminum lol

OP
OP
Roushblown5.0

Roushblown5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 gt
UPDATE: Shop called me yesterday and confirmed it was the Oil Cooler. Compression test came back good. No coolant/oil mixed in the engine.

Quoted me $1034 to change the oil cooler out with new feed/return lines, do a flush, and labor for the diagnostics work. Apparently the Oil cooler and lines costs $380 from Ford.
Phew....got lucky this time around.

My big question is....how did the oil cooler fail with only 5000 miles on the car? I've never heard of these failing on the Coyotes.
Could it have something to do with me being boosted or something in my tune? I am leaning against this and am assuming it was just a bad piece to begin with.

Appreciate everyones helps.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
To be fair it's way easier to do head gaskets on a cast iron pushrod motor versus these massive hunks of aluminum lol
ya, that's very true. my roomie in college and I had head gasket swaps down to about 3-4hrs in a college apartment garage with low lighting and basic hand tools. we did a LOT of them on his car, he ended up needing to get his heads decked - he'd had the stockers ported and the machine shop did some crappy work. The port work/valve job was quite nice but they didn't do so hot on squaring it up, took a bit to diagnose and on a college budget it was easier to replace the gaskets every month than to be without the car for a few weeks while getting machine work scheduled. hahaha ah those college days man!!! fun fun
Sponsored