Sponsored

Pricing?

S3XPanther

Threads
Reaction score
I think we'll get a better idea of what exactly each trim level entails in January. Pricing will probably be announced in 2-3 months. I'm thinking they will straighten everything out before the 50th anniversary.

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I was hoping soon, I think pre-orders are supposed to be in July so I would assume they would start rolling out that information before too much longer.

S3XPanther

Threads
Reaction score
I was hoping soon, I think pre-orders are supposed to be in July so I would assume they would start rolling out that information before too much longer.
Yup. While I believe pricing won't be all too different from the outgoing models (maybe $1,000-1,500 more), I have a feeling the "adjusted market price" is going to suck. That's why I'm researching reputable dealers in my area NOW.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Yup. While I believe pricing won't be all too different from the outgoing models (maybe $1,000-1,500 more), I have a feeling the "adjusted market price" is going to suck. That's why I'm researching reputable dealers in my area NOW.
I'd be pleased with a 1-1.5k increase; although, and I have no actual reason to believe this outside of my own pessimistic nature, I'm fearing it will be 3kish more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also with the 4 cylinder being added they have to be able to slot that into their pricing model between the 6 and the 8. If the 6 cyl is entry level 24k, then I'm going to guess the turbo 4 will be around 28k and the 8 will end up being maybe 32k?

aardvark

Also with the 4 cylinder being added they have to be able to slot that into their pricing model between the 6 and the 8. If the 6 cyl is entry level 24k, then I'm going to guess the turbo 4 will be around 28k and the 8 will end up being maybe 32k?
Wow, unless there's a ton of other equipment included in a package with the turbo-4, I can't really see it being a $4K upgrade... I'd say $1,500 tops. Let's face it... despite higher torque & hp, some folks aren't even going to really consider a 4-cylinder anything to be much of an upgrade over a 300hp V6.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Wow, unless there's a ton of other equipment included in a package with the turbo-4, I can't really see it being a $4K upgrade... I'd say $1,500 tops. Let's face it... despite higher torque & hp, some folks aren't even going to really consider a 4-cylinder anything to be much of an upgrade over a 300hp V6.
I agree with this as the ecoboost engine option in the f150s is only 1200.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
I think the I4 will be $1000-$2000 more based on what I see with other Ford vehicles.

People will definitely pay that for the increased gas mileage with the same or better performance.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I have a feeling the I4 won't be offered on the pure base model. I think you will have to opt for the premium package at least. That would allow Ford to maximize its profit margin. I look at the new MKC as a comparison. The pure base model does not offer the turbo upgrade while the mid level and premium do.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the current jump from base v6 to base GT is from 22.5-31.2k. They have to put the 4 somewhere in the middle without coming too close to the GT but a big enough separation from the v6. After looking at how they have priced the F150, I think Aardvark is right in saying it's probably a $1500 price difference. I just hope the GT pricing falls somewhere near where the current model is.

nite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
I think most would agree in that hope.

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new Car and Driver article has an interview with some of the Ford higher ups in charge of the Mustang in it. They mentioned some info that's good to hear. They were asked if they would do anything different with a larger budget and they talked about how they were very aware of wanting to keep the car attainable. There's some other quotable tidbits that point towards them wanting to keep it pretty much in the same price segments as it currently exists.
Sponsored