Used Market Pricing

ajkeence99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium - Orange Fury
The market is nuts. I traded a 2020 Ram 1500, that I bought brand new for $39,800 ($52,800 sticker) to Carvana for $41,400 to get a 2018 Mustang GT Premium with 2500 miles (Recaros, 401A, Active Exhaust, Manual, Safe and Smart) for $37,500. Just for shits and giggles, I stuck the car into Vroom and they offered $41,000 for the car. I don't get it. I felt like I got a great deal on the current car given that it was essentially brand new and had a sticker just under $47,000. I've seen enough horror stories with Vroom to be cautious but it's crazy to think I could immediately flip a car for a profit.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Would love to hear a Vroom success story or two before selling them my car…

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...offer-for-your-gt.157136/page-12#post-3230261

And should add that some folks are using the offers to negotiate with the dealer locally. I would probably take $1K less if I could just leave with a check in hand. I also have some things that add value that I couldn't account for with Vroom. For instance, I have a base, but have upgraded to the factory 8" snyc 3, wheels and tires are better than stock, etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
It's only going to get worse from here on... dealers around Atlanta are pretty much out of stock. I was looking at a Ranger but was stunned to see how expensive they are and basically MSRP. I bought a Frontier from a dealer out in the country and they had almost 5K in discounts on it. But deals like that are really hard to find. If you can sit tight until the end of the year, there will be deals again. Gov't helicopter money will be dried up and the chip shortage should be over.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's only going to get worse from here on... dealers around Atlanta are pretty much out of stock. I was looking at a Ranger but was stunned to see how expensive they are and basically MSRP. I bought a Frontier from a dealer out in the country and they had almost 5K in discounts on it. But deals like that are really hard to find. If you can sit tight until the end of the year, there will be deals again. Gov't helicopter money will be dried up and the chip shortage should be over.
All reports indicate that the current chip shortage will be around for at least the next year and catch-up will take longer. I think we are going to see more delays on the introduction of the 2022 models and with 20’s and 21’s drying up it might be next spring before pricing starts to stabilize. I really want to be wrong!

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
By the way, love that Kenny Roberts RZ350 in your avatar. Almost bought one brand new back in the day, but the FZ600 had just come out and bought it instead. Got an autograph from Kenny back in the 70's when I was a kid at a flat track race in Albuquerque. I had an 80cc yellow, black and white Yamaha at the time. That color combo on a Yamaha will always have a place in my heart!

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Jay Marcase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Vert Eco Prem
I bought my 2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible w/LCD Guages, Interior Upgrade, and Wheel and Stripe package with 26k miles for $28k in So. California. I tried to negotiate down to to $26k where KBB and Nada Guides said the value was but the dealer did not want to budge. They actually had it listed at $30k which was absurd to me, at least I was able to get them to $28k.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
By the way, love that Kenny Roberts RZ350 in your avatar. Almost bought one brand new back in the day, but the FZ600 had just come out and bought it instead. Got an autograph from Kenny back in the 70's when I was a kid at a flat track race in Albuquerque. I had an 80cc yellow, black and white Yamaha at the time. That color combo on a Yamaha will always have a place in my heart!

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled program.
RZ350's are another example of things that have shot up in value this past year. Nice one's are easily 10K now. I also had an FZ600 as a race bike when they came out. They lasted a year until the 600 Hurricane came out and annihilated every other 600. I'd love to find a decent FZ to restore.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Sold them a car last year it was a pain. Took forever to pick the car up.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Forgot to mention, the car probably has $4-5k worth of mods, mostly FBO (Headers, H-pipe, axle-back, CAI, tune) with some cosmetics as well. I know it's hard to recoup sunk cost on mods, but at the same time they certainly elevate the value of the car, as it looks and drives/performs better than stock. Anyone have thoughts on average resale value of aftermarket mods? I figure if a guy drops $5k on mods, they got to be worth at least half that when it comes time to sell.
I had a friend who’s family owned a Ford dealership for many years. The mods that are the most desirable are factory mods that are dealer installed. For instance, Ford performance options dealer installed or Mopar performance dealer installed. Basically the more OEM the mods are more likely they will be accepted as an upgrade rather than a collection of parts with a questionable outcome and quality.
Not to say there aren’t great aftermarket parts.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
RZ350's are another example of things that have shot up in value this past year. Nice one's are easily 10K now. I also had an FZ600 as a race bike when they came out. They lasted a year until the 600 Hurricane came out and annihilated every other 600. I'd love to find a decent FZ to restore.
I here you on the Hurricane. I was tempted by this FZ one on BAT and it sold for a decent price...considering they were $2995 when they first came out! Though the seller was insistent there was nothing wrong with the motor, but it sounded really off to me.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-yamaha-fz600/
Sponsored