Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
And all I did was post how the cars were meant to be driven as designed. I dont think I was the one to grab the thread and take it down this path. People call me out on it and I reply in turn.

Wow. You are a tool. Im trying to imagine the kind of person you must be like to be around, let alone be in a car with. Yea, I instruct too, big deal. Your so called racing license? Anyone can get one of those, seriously. You carry yourself as an arrogant prick. I would like to see you out on the track, or anywhere else for that matter. Thats the problem with the internet.... it gives you the ability to act out as a jackass without any consequence. You are already out the door, so you start a bunch of crap. Our first exchange focused around the debate of what these cars were meant to be.... certainly not garage queens like yours was (and most others for that matter). Most of you HEP folks early on thought you were something special. I reiterate you are not. You all bought a car with a different paint color and some different badges, thats about it. Why not go back and reread where we left off before you took a hard right turn and wound up in jackassville.

I say again, these re just cars and they should be driven as they were designed. Now, back to your seriously amateur observation, 2:05 is a pretty fast time for that car at the track. You referenced horsepower. Its more of a HP to weight ratio, and compared to cars that go a lot faster at that track, it isn't going to compete with stripped out vehicles like the GT4 or the FP350S.

Racing license, lol. I still chuckle thinking of you in those videos buzzing around the track in a boxter like a big swarm of mosquitos, lol. That's more or less what I think of when I run across cars and drivers like you in boxsters and miatas.

So go ahead and consider yourself a legend in your own mind. You are a tool. You are like Fred, loudmouth and very opinionated.

If you would like to take this discussion somewhere else, I would be happy to do so. Others have suggested getting this thread back on track, but you seem to use this as some kind of amusement for you and your @sshole HEP buddies.

I'm glad you sold it. You are one step closer to leaving this place and I must say it will be a better place if you did.

Racing license, lol
Dude, I feel sorry for you!
No wonder everyone on this forum has you on ignore…….
Have a great life in your fantasy world!
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Any idea where on Cota that happened? Pretty good track as far as runoff goes. I’d buy that back in a heartbeat if I was the owner, easy fix.
Happened on the main straight, he was braking hard to enter the first corner and for some reason his rear end came around and he hit the retaining wall. Best theory people had was that there was oil on the track or the rear brakes locked up due to some sort of failure of the car.

Sad

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
Better than what I'm looking at, 2019 2,500 miles and firm at $72,500.
I have a 2019 non-R and just got insulted at CarMax with an offer for $55K. Not sure if the market is still hot or if they just completely botched my offer. Car with similar miles is listed for sale at CarMax at $67K. If they are pulling an 18% margin on these cars, I need a new career in car arbitrage.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I have a 2019 non-R and just got insulted at CarMax with an offer for $55K. Not sure if the market is still hot or if they just completely botched my offer. Car with similar miles is listed for sale at CarMax at $67K. If they are pulling an 18% margin on these cars, I need a new career in car arbitrage.
I’ve never known CarMax to be nice to you… they tried to steal my B302 a couple years back. The guy acted like he was doing me a favor. Lol

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
That doesn't sound like an insult. You can't expect them to pay you retail.

Carmax is a public company. They reported a gross profit margin of 9.8% in the most recent fiscal quarter. Their highest recent gross margin was 14% in summer 2020 as used-car prices were going up rapidly due to the pandemic.

Carvana's gross profit margin was 13.75% in the most recent fiscal quarter and was as high as 16.97% in late 2020.

Sponsored

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
I’ve never known CarMax to be nice to you… they tried to steal my B302 a couple years back. The guy acted like he was doing me a favor. Lol
I’ve actually done really well there with other vehicles. I was shocked. Dude came out and said “no issues with your car. It looks great. Your offer is $55K.” I said “thanks for wasting an hour and a half of my time.”

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
That doesn't sound like an insult. You can't expect them to pay you retail.

Carmax is a public company. They reported a gross profit margin of 9.8% in the most recent fiscal quarter. Their highest recent gross margin was 14% in summer 2020 as used-car prices were going up rapidly due to the pandemic.
If a dealer makes $3K on a car, they are doing well.

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
If a dealer makes $3K on a car, they are doing well.
I don't know what to tell you man... you may believe that but I am just quoting real, publicly-available facts.

Carmax's gross profit per retail unit is $2,185 and their gross profit per wholesale unit is $1,005. Obviously their average selling price is a lot lower than our $60K cars (it is - it's about $21K). Regardless, you can't expect them to give you within 5% of the retail price ($3K/$67K = 4.5%).

Vroom's gross margin is under 5%. Try getting a quote from them. (I am selling a car right now and I got instant quotes from Carmax via Edmunds, Carvana, Vroom, Shift, CarGurus and KBB. Carmax was the highest for me but the rank-order will vary for every car and region.)

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
People mad a real biz wants to make money? Private sale it if you want max value.
dude, I’m not mad, but what good is KBB.com telling you the car is worth $61-62 on a trade and then you get offered way less?

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
what are you selling? Im in the market and got 62k. :)

Sponsored

LR272

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 CFTP HE; 2020 GT350R HE; 1987 LX 5.0
2020 3k miles at $68,500 a good deal?
That price is definitely on the light side. Does it have the original engine? Clean carfax?

jmhutner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1
what are you selling? Im in the market and got 62k. :)
2019 Performance Blue, Technology Package, Carbon Fiber Dash, Heated/Cooled Seats (non-recaro), Painted Black Roof, Nav, Car cover. 13,100 miles. Clean title, no accidents. Honest assessment of condition is very good. A couple of very small paint chips on hood. One scratch (less than two inches on front plastic bumper). Wear and tear grazing on front splitter. Outside of that, perfect.

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue, Technology Package, Carbon Fiber Dash, Heated/Cooled Seats (non-recaro), Painted Black Roof, Nav, Car cover. 13,100 miles. Clean title, no accidents. Honest assessment of condition is very good. A couple of very small paint chips on hood. One scratch (less than two inches on front plastic bumper). Wear and tear grazing on front splitter. Outside of that, perfect.
I paid a Northern California dealer $62K for basically that same car last August. I think prices have gone up since then. You should be able to get $62K private party pretty easily. If you get bids from all the online auto dealers you may get that on trade-in too. Good luck!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Dude, I feel sorry for you!
No wonder everyone on this forum has you on ignore…….
Have a great life in your fantasy world!
Bye!

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
You switched to a M1 right? I have a 22 ordered but have little hope it comes. So I am back to 2019+ 350 shopping. If there isnt positive M1 build news this month Im jumping back into a 350.
Sponsored