Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Thanks. I know that several other Mustang6G members have complained of the same thing - and like me - thought it was exhaust system related.

Any idea how I might sort this out - and resolve the problem? Taking it back to the dealer?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I know that several other Mustang6G members have complained of the same thing - and like me - thought it was exhaust system related.

Any idea how I might sort this out - and resolve the problem? Taking it back to the dealer?
I wouldn't bring back to the dealer with your catback on. They'll just tell you to pound sand and claim it's the exhaust - which it's not. I wish I could hear it. Do you get that at 2000-2500 no matter the gear?

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Any solid switch path reviews and clips? And was the switch path issue posted earlier resolved yet? Thanks from an interested consumer.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Yea, I think so. I notice it driving locally - although around town I move thru that range pretty quickly so it's not that noticeable. If I am going down a hill and downshifting, it's really noticeable or if I'm cruising on the freeway 70-75 MPH in 6th gear - which puts me in that RPM range - it's constant. It doesn't seem gear dependent, but seems to always surface in that RPM range.

There is a specialty shop locally that works (almost) exclusively on Corvette's and Mustangs (and who has a very good reputation). Maybe I could have them take a look.

I appreciate your perspective and finding out this isn't normal for the S550 Mustang!

I did try to record it, but the resonance doesn't seem very noticeable or loud on the recording...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I think so. I notice it driving locally - although around town I move thru that range pretty quickly so it's not that noticeable. If I am going down a hill and downshifting, it's really noticeable or if I'm cruising on the freeway 70-75 MPH in 6th gear - which puts me in that RPM range - it's constant. It doesn't seem gear dependent, but seems to always surface in that RPM range.

There is a specialty shop locally that works (almost) exclusively on Corvette's and Mustangs (and who has a very good reputation). Maybe I could have them take a look.

I appreciate your perspective and finding out this isn't normal for the S550 Mustang!

I did try to record it, but the resonance doesn't seem very noticeable or loud on the recording...
PM incoming.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
I have a friend interested in your exhausts but isn't interested in hacking up the mid pipe to connect to performance style 3 inch connect headers. He wanted to know if youre going to offer an option that doesnt neck down, like other manufacturers offering this.
Tell your friend thanks for the interest! We're working the concept to better accommodate everyone's add-ons/configurations.

Hi There,

I finally fitted the AWE Touring cat-back system to my Mustang. Here is the video. Apologies for the 2 little audio dropouts, I think that's a fault with my phone, and at the beginning the sound heard is a car driving up the street.

This is a beautiful looking system, it's very well made and it fitted up perfectly with no clashing or fitment issues.

This is a cold start and the idle soon settles down. It's got a nice throaty deep tone.

At first I thought it was too loud but I'm growing accustomed to it.

Lesson is don't believe the video clips you hear for exhausts, best to hear in person.

I think this is the first AWE Touring exhaust for the Mustang fitted in Australia, well, Sydney at least!!

Sounding great, my friend. Roarin' from all the way over in Sydney. Enjoy! Here if ever needed. :cheers:

Put mine on this weekend and I agree, you can't believe video clips. These are loud, especially the cold start. But the tone is so good. Once I added one or two gears higher around town they aren't crazy loud. Run through the gears WOT and they will make some beautiful sounds. I'm really happy with them!

Lookin' so good!

Any solid switch path reviews and clips? And was the switch path issue posted earlier resolved yet? Thanks from an interested consumer.
[MENTION=20945]fcarpio[/MENTION] put one together! It's below (sorry if you've seen it already:p):
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]FYxz8h7ZuK4[/MEDIA]"]AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust[/ame]

PM incoming.
Thank you for transitioning to PM, gents! :)

Happy Fourth, everyone!

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe someone can chime in regarding that topic, indeed.

To set expectations--the SwitchPath™ enables the volume to be cranked up, not down. Valve closed is the equivalent to Touring Edition. It's essentially sophisticated to rowdy via a remote.
When you say "Valve Closed" is it actually completely closed or is there still an opening? Anytime I've seen an engine with a firing order such as this, it sounds absolutely terrible without a balance pipe.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Anytime I've seen an engine with a firing order such as this, it sounds absolutely terrible without a balance pipe.
We wouldn't have released if it didn't meet our strict requirements. I hope you get to experience the SwitchPath™ system in both modes so it can change the outlook quoted above :)

Beem302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just got my AWE Touring cat back delivered, and had it installed in about half an hour. I'm running Kooks 1 7/8" LTH's and it is pretty loud, but I don't get any drone at all. I have to say that fitment was absolutely perfect. My last setup was a Magnaflow Street with a custom H pipe, and it took two guys about an hour to get it lined up. I loved the deeper sound of the Magnaflow, but it had a weird rattle when decelerating that nobody could pin point (sounded like a heat shield). Before that I had a FRPP Touring, but it was too raspy, so I welded on some resonators, and then it was too quiet. I gave it one last shot at a cat-back before going back to stock and trading the car in lol... Anyway, it took me a while to decide between AWE and Corsa, and I think I made the right choice. No joke I was grinning like an idiot the entire drive home.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I just got my AWE Touring cat back delivered, and had it installed in about half an hour. I'm running Kooks 1 7/8" LTH's and it is pretty loud, but I don't get any drone at all. I have to say that fitment was absolutely perfect. My last setup was a Magnaflow Street with a custom H pipe, and it took two guys about an hour to get it lined up. I loved the deeper sound of the Magnaflow, but it had a weird rattle when decelerating that nobody could pin point (sounded like a heat shield). Before that I had a FRPP Touring, but it was too raspy, so I welded on some resonators, and then it was too quiet. I gave it one last shot at a cat-back before going back to stock and trading the car in lol... Anyway, it took me a while to decide between AWE and Corsa, and I think I made the right choice. No joke I was grinning like an idiot the entire drive home.

Awesome. Plenty in stock guys

Sponsored
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Post a vid. Let's hear it with those LTHs :headbang:

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Beem302 - how loud is the exhaust sound in the cabin? Also curious if you have any resonance with your car at certain RPMs? I have some between 2000 - 2500, but I don't think it's related to the exhaust. Thanks!

Beem302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Beem302 - how loud is the exhaust sound in the cabin? Also curious if you have any resonance with your car at certain RPMs? I have some between 2000 - 2500, but I don't think it's related to the exhaust. Thanks!
At 60-80mph it's not super loud with the windows up. With the windows down it gets kind of drowned out by wind noise. When you let off the gas it's silent, and it stays that way until you accelerate. I'm not talking about just coasting, but when you're cruising and maintaining a constant speed you can barely hear it. I'll upload the videos in a sec...they're not the most exciting clips as they're just focused on the tach, but I think they'll answer your questions.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Just a bit of feedback now that I've been for a couple more drives after the AWE Touring system was fitted.

The only downside is it is a bit loud on cold starts until the idle speed drops below 1000rpm - I usually head out about 6:45am. I keep it in "D" and just idle down my street.

After a few minutes and the car has warmed up it is a burble in the background.

Cruising at 80kmh and 100kmh with the windows up sees very little extra noise in the cabin, I have only put the radio volume up 1 notch, but drop it back a couple of gears and it sounds great, in either "D" or "S" modes.

I have not detected any drone so far while cruising at 2000rpm or so.

A neighbours relative has just taken delivery of a 2017 Lightning Blue 5.0 (lovely colour!) and had a VAREX system fitted.

We compared exhausts, as guys do, and even when fully open the X-Force is quieter than the AWE at idle.

I'm a bit less self-conscious of this system now and love the sound.

I would say I agree with AzHadeNuf 100%.

AzHadeNuf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP MAGNETIC

Now that I have a few hundred miles driving with them...I'm really happy with this exhaust! Completely controllable around town, great tone deaccelerating in gear and when you really get on them, it's just awesome!
Sponsored