Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Interesting. Am I too assume you're running something equivalent to our Track Edition - i.e. muffler-less?
Just talking about the exhaust piping size before it goes into the mufflers. My exhaust is 3", so if I cut it to install your axle backs, I would have to have a coupling because you don't have a flange to fit over a 3" exhaust? And I'm not trying to be a wise a** here, I'm just throwing it out there. And no, I have mufflers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Just talking about the exhaust piping size before it goes into the mufflers. My exhaust is 3", so if I cut it to install your axle backs, I would have to have a coupling because you don't have a flange to fit over a 3" exhaust? And I'm not trying to be a wise a** here, I'm just throwing it out there. And no, I have mufflers.
Got it. Correct, our configurations are slip-fit.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Been eyeing the switchpath touring catback for a long time and waiting on my tax refund lol. Just wanted to know (even though this is still a new system and not many videos out there yet) if the quiet mode is lower than a Borla S-Type 3" catback 3" pipe? Borla is loud and I am thinking of switching over to the switchpath to control the loudness now.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Been eyeing the switchpath touring catback for a long time and waiting on my tax refund lol. Just wanted to know (even though this is still a new system and not many videos out there yet) if the quiet mode is lower than a Borla S-Type 3" catback 3" pipe? Borla is loud and I am thinking of switching over to the switchpath to control the loudness now.
I can't comment on a comparison as I haven't heard that configuration in the flesh, so to speak :shrug:

But if it helps, the quiet mode is the same as the Touring Edition CBE.

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I can't comment on a comparison as I haven't heard that configuration in the flesh, so to speak :shrug:

But if it helps, the quiet mode is the same as the Touring Edition CBE.
All good, just wondering if anyone on here may comment on it. I like the idea of a switchpath since Cali laws are a little strict here and I am getting a little worry about the Borla being an excuse to get pulled over lol. Passengers are starting to complain too after my suspension upgrades. The cabin noise increased almost 2-3 times louder.

Hopefully the tax refund will be in soon and I can finally have one of your sweet exhaust notes.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
All good, just wondering if anyone on here may comment on it. I like the idea of a switchpath since Cali laws are a little strict here and I am getting a little worry about the Borla being an excuse to get pulled over lol. Passengers are starting to complain too after my suspension upgrades. The cabin noise increased almost 2-3 times louder.

Hopefully the tax refund will be in soon and I can finally have one of your sweet exhaust notes.
Maybe someone can chime in regarding that topic, indeed.

To set expectations--the SwitchPath™ enables the volume to be cranked up, not down. Valve closed is the equivalent to Touring Edition. It's essentially sophisticated to rowdy via a remote.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Maybe someone can chime in regarding that topic, indeed.

To set expectations--the SwitchPath™ enables the volume to be cranked up, not down. Valve closed is the equivalent to Touring Edition. It's essentially sophisticated to rowdy via a remote.
Yup, totally understand that. Just hoping its a tad more quiet than the Borla now, which is louder than my expectations when I got it. The rear suspension upgrades amplified it, so even if the switchpath touring is a few db lower, then I'll be happy. Better than dropping $3K for a Roush Active Exhaust and risk cutting a hole into my carbon fiber center console lol.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Yup, totally understand that. Just hoping its a tad more quiet than the Borla now, which is louder than my expectations when I got it. The rear suspension upgrades amplified it, so even if the switchpath touring is a few db lower, then I'll be happy. Better than dropping $3K for a Roush Active Exhaust and risk cutting a hole into my carbon fiber center console lol.
Got ya!

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Has anyone purchased the touring axleback yet? I would really love hearing it with the stock resonator. I hope it sounds similar to the cat back but maybe a tad quieter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Has anyone purchased the touring axleback yet? I would really love hearing it with the stock resonator. I hope it sounds similar to the cat back but maybe a tad quieter.
Yes but I don't have record of who they are exactly as they were purchased through AM.

And you're right on the money with your hopes (bolded above). :)

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Any drone with the axle backs? How about with an H-Pipe?
The Touring Edition Axle-back has 180 Technology®, too. So no drone :cheers:

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Small world! I recently sold my Audi and stepped into a Mustang. What exhaust did my S4 have? AWE of course, through my local tuner Matrix Integrated. I guess I will have to see if Jeremy will let a Mustang into the shop for another AWE install! ;)

Are you offering, or is it possible, to take a modular approach to installing your exhaust? Similar to what Borla does. Whereas I can buy a Touring axle-back system to use with my stock resonator and in the event that I want more volume I can purchase an AWE mid section to complete the cat back system?

Thanks for your time Josh and I look forward to having you on another forum and seeing what other awesome products you and your team roll out for the S550.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Greetings, Keith! Glad to have you here as well. Bid Jeremy a hello for me the next time you speak to him!

The axle-backs are a different diameter than the cat-backs to respect the factory diameter - 2.5" vs 3".
Sponsored