Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
We're making sure it's not a simple pre-load issues on the valve, which can be corrected without replacing the H. Currently testing :)
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I've been going back and forth with AWE on this for approx 2 weeks now - does anyone else with the SwitchPath installed hear this when the exhaust is "on"? @Josh/AWE

I have a SwitchPath and not sure what you are hearing in terms of the "mechanical noise"? I hear the valve open and close and that has a mechanical noise. When its on loud mode, mines just sounds louder, but you are saying that there is a mechanical noise that you also hear when its on loud mode?

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
Anyone got any clips of the switchpath exhaust with catless headers?
I will be getting catless headers soon (I just got confirmation they shipped today) and plan to post a video of that. I actually have that cold start plus some interior vids so far. Plan on doing some outside WOT pulls and then compiling it into one vid.

This will only help to replicate what it would sound like in the open position I assume, but not the closed position.

N/A V8 vs a supercharged V6 is a big apple vs a lil ol' orange ;)

Glad you're loving it! Lookin' great under there :thumbsup:
Very true, I should have thought of that. Even my father's stock Hellcat drowned out my S4. :lol:

Can't wait to hear it with catless headers, hopefully makes it sound even meaner not just louder. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
I will be getting catless headers soon (I just got confirmation they shipped today) and plan to post a video of that. I actually have that cold start plus some interior vids so far. Plan on doing some outside WOT pulls and then compiling it into one vid.

This will only help to replicate what it would sound like in the open position I assume, but not the closed position.

Very true, I should have thought of that. Even my father's stock Hellcat drowned out my S4. :lol:

Can't wait to hear it with catless headers, hopefully makes it sound even meaner not just louder. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear it. The Touring Edition paired with catted LTHs (S_Bloom's car) was gnarly. It was rich with aggression, not just heightened volume.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hi There,

I finally fitted the AWE Touring cat-back system to my Mustang. Here is the video. Apologies for the 2 little audio dropouts, I think that's a fault with my phone, and at the beginning the sound heard is a car driving up the street.

This is a beautiful looking system, it's very well made and it fitted up perfectly with no clashing or fitment issues.

This is a cold start and the idle soon settles down. It's got a nice throaty deep tone.

At first I thought it was too loud but I'm growing accustomed to it.

Lesson is don't believe the video clips you hear for exhausts, best to hear in person.

I think this is the first AWE Touring exhaust for the Mustang fitted in Australia, well, Sydney at least!!

[ame]

Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Sounds great. Thanks for the video. Do you notice a lot of crackling and popping when you get off the gas, like when shifting, or downshifting when coming to a stoplight or stop sign?

Have you had it on the road at highway speeds? How is the sound there? Do you experience any reverberation at any RPM?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I have a friend interested in your exhausts but isn't interested in hacking up the mid pipe to connect to performance style 3 inch connect headers. He wanted to know if youre going to offer an option that doesnt neck down, like other manufacturers offering this.

Last edited:

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Mustang Guy - I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet for a future exhaust. I would only be removing the Corsa Axle back exhausts, keeping the H-pipe. I need to hear the AWE axle backs before I decide...

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Mustang Guy - I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet for a future exhaust. I would only be removing the Corsa Axle back exhausts, keeping the H-pipe. I need to hear the AWE axle backs before I decide...
My question was for Josh at Awe. :cheers:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds great. Thanks for the video. Do you notice a lot of crackling and popping when you get off the gas, like when shifting, or downshifting when coming to a stoplight or stop sign?

Have you had it on the road at highway speeds? How is the sound there? Do you experience any reverberation at any RPM?

Thanks. Mine's an auto so it shifts pretty much like the car in the AWE videos. There is very little in the way of crackling and popping and not much rasp either. It's very similar to what it sounds like in the video I posted.

I've driven at 80kmh and it is louder in the cabin than stock and just burbles away in the background. I've also driven at 110kmh on the motorway and that's when you hear more of the sound outside the car. When you downshift it sounds glorious!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Thanks. Now I just need to find someone that has the AWE setup so I can hear it in person. Even with the H-pipe the Corsa Touring (sport mufflers) axle back is a bit too raspy for me. With both the FRPP Borla Touring Cat Back and the Corsa Axle Backs, I have/had a resonance at 2000 - 2500 RPMs. I thought it was the FRPP/Borlas - but now that I have it with the Corsas, I don't know what it is. Do you have any resonance with yours with the AWEs installed?

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ Not that I've really noticed, but then I haven't paid too much attention.

Next time I take her for a drive, this coming weekend, I'll have a listen.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
The resonance is most noticeable when cruising at that RPM range (2000 - 2500) when there is a slight load - like going up a slight incline or when the engine is braking when decelerating down a hill... Thanks!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Now I just need to find someone that has the AWE setup so I can hear it in person. Even with the H-pipe the Corsa Touring (sport mufflers) axle back is a bit too raspy for me. With both the FRPP Borla Touring Cat Back and the Corsa Axle Backs, I have/had a resonance at 2000 - 2500 RPMs. I thought it was the FRPP/Borlas - but now that I have it with the Corsas, I don't know what it is. Do you have any resonance with yours with the AWEs installed?
There must be something up with your car, John, like something driveline related. Your touring mufflers don't create any resonance in that range.

AzHadeNuf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP MAGNETIC
Hi There,

I finally fitted the AWE Touring cat-back system to my Mustang. Here is the video. Apologies for the 2 little audio dropouts, I think that's a fault with my phone, and at the beginning the sound heard is a car driving up the street.

This is a beautiful looking system, it's very well made and it fitted up perfectly with no clashing or fitment issues.

This is a cold start and the idle soon settles down. It's got a nice throaty deep tone.

At first I thought it was too loud but I'm growing accustomed to it.

Lesson is don't believe the video clips you hear for exhausts, best to hear in person.

I think this is the first AWE Touring exhaust for the Mustang fitted in Australia, well, Sydney at least!!

Put mine on this weekend and I agree, you can't believe video clips. These are loud, especially the cold start. But the tone is so good. Once I added one or two gears higher around town they aren't crazy loud. Run through the gears WOT and they will make some beautiful sounds. I'm really happy with them!

Sponsored