Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

Sara/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
or one that fit a convertible :(
Our touring system has been put on convertibles but I've reached out to one of the owners to find out if there was anything that needs to be considered (clearing additional bracing, hanger mounts, etc) to make it work. I'll follow up here.
Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FAQ Tip Clamp Installation - Anti-Seize
I know this owners group is very likely familiar with this copper or nickel based wonder compound, but for those that are getting ready to install their systems, grab that anti-seize because you'll need it for the threads on the tip clamps! Just a little dab or brush. My Pro Tip: Loosen the clamp and put a dab just below the upper barrel nut, and then work the Anti-seize through to make sure everything is good and ready for install.
Screen-Shot-2020-06-26-at-6-32-58-PM.png

Unlike the clamps on the pipes (60lb ft of torque), the tips clamps are going to be 18-20lb ft. We generally go by feel.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I am about to install catless headers to go with my touring catback. They came with factory connect style and with some that are a bit longer and full 3 inch. Do I have to cut the catback if I want to avoid the neck down? The main reason I want to go 3 inch is to put a a small resonator there if it is too loud.

Sara/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am about to install catless headers to go with my touring catback. They came with factory connect style and with some that are a bit longer and full 3 inch. Do I have to cut the catback if I want to avoid the neck down? The main reason I want to go 3 inch is to put a a small resonator there if it is too loud.
You can mod ours to open up the full diameter if desired. The Touring has in-line resonators just downstream from the H-Pipe. I don't know if you will need more. I wouldn't remove the H-Pipe, I think you'll lose some sound quality, so see if there is enough room for everything. I don't know how much power the smaller diameter of the factory connection would really cost you? Someone else can jump in on that.

quad-touring-1517---shadow.png
Sponsored