Premium Petrol

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I'm in British Columbia and I have only ever put Chevron 94 in my Bullitt.... I also only out 91 in my Escape, even though it will run on 87..
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I can't speak to the rest of the country, but here in the New England area, all the gas comes from the same distribution depots and the same storage tanks regardless of the brands involved. The only difference between stations is that different brands add different detergent packages to the gas as it's sent to the tankers for distribution.

Last edited:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I can't speak t the rest f the country, but here in the New England area, all the gas comes from the same distribution depots and the same storage tanks regardless of the brands involved. The only difference between stations is that different brands add different detergent packages to the gas as it's sent to the tankers for distribution.
You are correct for everywhere. Gas is gas is gas. its marketing to get gullible people to spend more money on the same thing they can get anywhere.

Oil companies spend lots of money explaining why their gas is better than the competition’s. Chevron’s gas, for example, is fortified with “Techron,” and Amoco Ultimate is supposed to save the planet along with your engine. But today more than ever, one gallon of gas is as good as the next.

True, additives help to clean your engine, but what the companies don’t tell you is that all gas has them. Since 1994 the government has required that detergents be added to all gasoline to help prevent fuel injectors from clogging. State and local regulators keep a close watch to make sure those standards are met; a 2005 study indicated that Florida inspectors checked 45,000 samples to ensure the state’s gas supply was up to snuff, and 99 percent of the time it was. “There’s little difference between brand-name gas and any other,” says AAA spokesperson Geoff Sundstrom.

What’s more, your local Chevron station may sell gas refined by Shell or Exxon Mobil. Suppliers share pipelines, so they all use the same fuel. And the difference between the most expensive brand-name gas and the lowliest gallon of no-brand fuel? Often just a quart of detergent added to an 8,000-gallon tanker truck.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
You are correct for everywhere. Gas is gas is gas. its marketing to get gullible people to spend more money on the same thing they can get anywhere.

Oil companies spend lots of money explaining why their gas is better than the competition’s. Chevron’s gas, for example, is fortified with “Techron,” and Amoco Ultimate is supposed to save the planet along with your engine. But today more than ever, one gallon of gas is as good as the next.

True, additives help to clean your engine, but what the companies don’t tell you is that all gas has them. Since 1994 the government has required that detergents be added to all gasoline to help prevent fuel injectors from clogging. State and local regulators keep a close watch to make sure those standards are met; a 2005 study indicated that Florida inspectors checked 45,000 samples to ensure the state’s gas supply was up to snuff, and 99 percent of the time it was. “There’s little difference between brand-name gas and any other,” says AAA spokesperson Geoff Sundstrom.

What’s more, your local Chevron station may sell gas refined by Shell or Exxon Mobil. Suppliers share pipelines, so they all use the same fuel. And the difference between the most expensive brand-name gas and the lowliest gallon of no-brand fuel? Often just a quart of detergent added to an 8,000-gallon tanker truck.

That’s really all it is, I don’t even know if I can rely on the detergent doing it’s job. Use your own fuel additive if you so wish, otherwise I pull up to a speedway or a local off brand shop. Shell is the most expensive I won’t touch it usually.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Western Canada and I have only ever put Chevron 94 in my Bullitt
I'm in Manitoba and only use Husky 94 (it's the only 94 available). LOGS say it's all good. Not pulling timing anywhere. I could prolly use a couple more degrees haha. LOGS with shell 91 however, was pulling timing. I emailed Shell with a screenshot last month and no response yet. Currently trying to convince Husky there's a market for E85 here, cause Manitobans are CHEAP AF and will fill up with something 1/2 the cost of gas even with 30% less mileage haha.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
That’s really all it is, I don’t even know if I can rely on the detergent doing it’s job. Use your own fuel additive if you so wish, otherwise I pull up to a speedway or a local off brand shop. Shell is the most expensive I won’t touch it usually.
My local Kroger fuel station has the least expensive fuel within about a 5 mile radius 99% of the time. In addition to their discount card they also honor the Shell rewards card. It's my understanding that this means that Kroger has contracted with Shell to supply their fuel. Seems like the best of both worlds to me.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My local Kroger fuel station has the least expensive fuel within about a 5 mile radius 99% of the time. In addition to their discount card they also honor the Shell rewards card. It's my understanding that this means that Kroger has contracted with Shell to supply their fuel. Seems like the best of both worlds to me.
I remember in the previous state I lived in the grocery store had fuel perks. BJs has it now as well. I don’t use the fuel rewards cards because I fill up where it’s convenient I don’t necessarily drive a couple extra miles to say a buck or 2. Maybe I should though...

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I remember in the previous state I lived in the grocery store had fuel perks. BJs has it now as well. I don’t use the fuel rewards cards because I fill up where it’s convenient I don’t necessarily drive a couple extra miles to say a buck or 2. Maybe I should though...
The local Kroger is 1.2 miles from my house on the way to the interstate on my route to and from work.
Doesn't get much more convenient than that.
And since it's the wifes preferred grocery store there's often a 20 or 30 cent/gallon discount. So, yeah, I use the card too.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The local Kroger is 1.2 miles from my house on the way to the interstate on my route to and from work.
Doesn't get much more convenient than that.
And since it's the wifes preferred grocery store there's often a 20 or 30 cent/gallon discount. So, yeah, I use the card too.
Yeah that’s what I figured the grocery discount. We only have that for BJs around here. side note you take x rays? How’s the Covid situation?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
side note you take x rays? How’s the Covid situation?
Yes, x-ray tech in a downtown Atlanta hospital specializing in OR & GI procedures.
I think we're down to around 30 CV19 patients from 120+ 4 weeks ago. The hospital has pretty much returned all the ICUs to their pre covid configuration. Also, we started doing elective surgeries a week or so ago. So we've started playing catch up from all the canceled procedures. Pretty extensive restrictions in place on visitors like have to have an appointment, temp taken, travel and health history and masks required at all times.
Sorry to hijack the thread, there's just so much, ya know...

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yes, x-ray tech in a downtown Atlanta hospital specializing in OR & GI procedures.
I think we're down to around 30 CV19 patients from 120+ 4 weeks ago. The hospital has pretty much returned all the ICUs to their pre covid configuration. Also, we started doing elective surgeries a week or so ago. So we've started playing catch up from all the canceled procedures. Pretty extensive restrictions in place on visitors like have to have an appointment, temp taken, travel and health history and masks required at all times.
Sorry to hijack the thread, there's just so much, ya know...

Nice that’s good to hear. Hope it’s finally starting to slow down! Hope it stays that way. You @ Grady ?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Nice that’s good to hear. Hope it’s finally starting to slow down! Hope it stays that way. You @ Grady ?
No, not Grady. The only thing I ever want to go there for is a gunshot or horrendous accident. They're the best in Atlanta for trauma.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 PP1 301A A10
I run Costco in my turbo cars up here in the altitude and will run it in the GT now too. Not really picky other than the 91.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I'm in Manitoba and only use Husky 94 (it's the only 94 available). LOGS say it's all good. Not pulling timing anywhere. I could prolly use a couple more degrees haha. LOGS with shell 91 however, was pulling timing. I emailed Shell with a screenshot last month and no response yet. Currently trying to convince Husky there's a market for E85 here, cause Manitobans are CHEAP AF and will fill up with something 1/2 the cost of gas even with 30% less mileage haha.
Edited my post, as after googling it, Chevron only has gas stations in BC. Apparently, they are the only ones with higher than 91 in BC.
Sponsored