Sponsored

Premier trim rarity

CMC#5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT
I've been looking through dealer inventory online and I'm pretty surprised to see very (and I mean VERY) few premium GTs available with the premier trim option. Is that odd? Am I odd for thinking it you're looking at GT premiums with 401a plus that the premier trim would be typical instead of rare?
Sponsored

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
For me it wasn't the additional cost (which is pretty insignificant), but I wanted black leather and didn't like the look of the white contrast stitching that comes with the premier.

5th-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Ruby Red Auto, 19"
I did the premier trim so I could get the white stitching....the other GT's my dealer had did not have the 68B option.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I ordered my GT Premium with the 68B package as well. Supposed to get a better leather quality as well as the white stiching

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
soft touch upper door panels as well

Sponsored

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think it was probably due to the lack of info for so long on that package. pretty sure that it was never really confirmed until the dealer training started happening a month before production. It will probably be more common when the next round of dealer cars gets produced.

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it was probably due to the lack of info for so long on that package. pretty sure that it was never really confirmed until the dealer training started happening a month before production. It will probably be more common when the next round of dealer cars gets produced.
It's still kind of a mystery. No one can definitively say what it comes with or doesnt on different trim lines (base vs premium vs PP). The dealerships are even more clueless. I've even seen some car pics onlne in customers' hands without "68b premier accent trim" that are ebony with white stitching (not the extra rows of stitching, no, but still contrast white) so who knows honestly. Some GT owners say soft touch doors, some say theirs didnt come with it. It doesn't seem like even Ford is consistent in the builds.

A big part of this is see the Order/Price/Tracking Section, the parts for 68B have been 100% constrained at the factory for weeks now in the Ford weekly reports. Meaning if you want a car built anytime soon it likely wont be with 68b/premier trim.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
50th Anniversary Appearance Package also gets the 68B upgrades.

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
I've had quite the opposite impression. 85% of all the Mustangs I've seen on dealerships lots have had the premium trim packaging.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Premium trim and Premier interier accent package is two different things. Premier interier accent package is infact the 68b. Cheers.
Sponsored