Sponsored

Premier Trim Package Before/After

hardcoredrrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium + PP
First off, hello everyone! I'm new here and currently looking to buy my first Mustang/new car ever! I have a question that I think this community could help me out in answering.

Can anyone explain/post pictures that show what exactly you're getting with the Premier Trim package? I've read here on the forum that it carries a high bang-for-the-buck ratio. Unfortunately, Ford's site doesn't give a very detailed explanation of what all it entails nor pictures.

With/Without pics would be the ultimate source of info in deciding on this! Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
First off, hello everyone! I'm new here and currently looking to buy my first Mustang/new car ever! I have a question that I think this community could help me out in answering.

Can anyone explain/post pictures that show what exactly you're getting with the Premier Trim package? I've read here on the forum that it carries a high bang-for-the-buck ratio. Unfortunately, Ford's site doesn't give a very detailed explanation of what all it entails nor pictures.

Before/After pics would be the ultimate source of info in deciding on this! Thanks
I am not sure what you are asking with before and after pictures but there is no reason not to get the premier trim. It adds color accent stitching throughout the vehicle and soft touch panels. My PP overrides the aluminum I/P panel for it im assuming so I don't know what is special about that.

OP
OP
hardcoredrrk

hardcoredrrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium + PP
I am not sure what you are asking with before and after pictures but there is no reason not to get the premier trim. It adds color accent stitching throughout the vehicle and soft touch panels. My PP overrides the aluminum I/P panel for it im assuming so I don't know what is special about that.
Changed the wording of my last statement to "with/without" to increase the clarity. Thanks for your input! Do you know if they have the Premier pack with black stitching or does that defeat the purpose (on black seats)?

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
there is no reason not to get the premier trim
Yes there is if you are looking to get Ceramic or Dark Saddle which in my opinion are better looking than Premier Trim :D

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Changed the wording of my last statement to "with/without" to increase the clarity. Thanks for your input! Do you know if they have the Premier pack with black stitching or does that defeat the purpose (on black seats)?
There's no black stitching with or without premier trim.

Pictures aren't going to be particularly helpful, since the big upgrade from the Premier Trim package is in the quality of the materials, the feel of them. Like, the biggest upgrade is the MUCH higher quality of the feel of the leather on the seats; it doesn't really show up in a photograph, but the feel is worlds different. Also, soft-touch materials on the door arm rests and door card and center console lid, and contrast stitching on the upper dash.

Sponsored

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Black stitching is standard. It is a cream color for normal premier trim and then for redline it is, obviously, red.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Yes there is if you are looking to get Ceramic or Dark Saddle which in my opinion are better looking than Premier Trim :D
I wouldn't touch either of those with a ten foot pole lol. I also saw the 18" Foundry wheels the other day and wanted to vomit. Different strokes for different folks though.

If everyone had my exact taste it would be a boring world.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Also, soft-touch materials on the door arm rests and door card and center console lid, and contrast stitching on the upper dash.
Am I missing something? I have an EB premium and DO NOT have premium trim option.

My car has soft touch padded matetial on the arm rest that flows into the same soft touch material on the door panel insert. The cover of the center console is also soft touch padded material. The upper dash pad has faux stiching that is molded in.

Black stitching is standard. It is a cream color for normal premier trim and then for redline it is, obviously, red.
All the seat and door panel matetial on my car has contrasting stiching. It looks to be white or a very light grey.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Damnit... I didn't know the actual leather material was different on the premier and had soft touch in places that the regular premium didn't. I just got issued my VIN and my dealer is saying I can't make the upgrade to the premier trim.

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
Dont worry, when you get the 5.0 you wont even spend one minute thinking about the supposedly softer leather. Its a 350 option. That aint no higher quality leather. Its likely more vinyl with a softer touch. None of the non seat leather stuff like fhe doors and dash in the premiers is leather at all. Its vinyl mock leather.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Am I missing something? I have an EB premium and DO NOT have premium trim option.

My car has soft touch padded matetial on the arm rest that flows into the same soft touch material on the door panel insert. The cover of the center console is also soft touch padded material. The upper dash pad has faux stiching that is molded in.
No, you definitely aren't missing something. Even the base cars have the same soft touch feel on both areas. It's not exclusive to the 68B option or Premium arrays. The stitching colors and patterns are different on the arm rest, as has been noted.

To the OP - as noted above the only difference you will see in photos is in the small details. You really need to actually feel the surfaces to compare. The 68B option is really nice for the money, however, I wanted a different interior leather color, so I did not choose it. The major difference that you would feel day-to-day would be on the upper door panels and the front seat surfaces. To me the decision came down to color or touch. Color won out for me.

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
I also saw the 18" Foundry wheels the other day and wanted to vomit.
Oh come on. Maybe you don't prefer them but they are by no means vomit-inducing.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Premier Trim .. adds .. soft door panels, which are not in normal ones. Its soft plastic.

There is difference between soft plastic and soft panels and those are leather foamed panels.

You have stitching which is not relevant feature.

Leather is different , and i have seen both and that's why went with the premier. The leather in premier trim is more softer than normal trim.

Those 350 bucks will be well spent, but again it comes down to personal preference

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I didn't know what the option was when I was ordering -- it came with the 50th Anniversary Appearance Package, which I wanted for the grille and faux gascap. I was definitely happy about it.
Sponsored