PP2 Registry

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I'm in. I use it as intended as well.
Nice. Which wing did you install?

I'm planning to leave mine pretty stock for at least most of the warranty period. I might do the upgraded sway bars and lowering springs next year. I would add a power pack if the every release them for our cars (or maybe the Roush one). Otherwise I'm focusing on minimal stuff for track use. Might install the trans scoop and diff cooler. Plus tow hooks, better brakes, better fluids, and likely run RE71's mostly. I already put Hankook RS4's on right when I left the dealer. I didn't like the SC2's for the street and might just sell them (only 33 miles on them). If I don't get any good bites I might run them on track. I was hoping to stick with 200TW class but we'll see.
Sponsored

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
Nice. Which wing did you install?

I'm planning to leave mine pretty stock for at least most of the warranty period. I might do the upgraded sway bars and lowering springs next year. I would add a power pack if the every release them for our cars (or maybe the Roush one). Otherwise I'm focusing on minimal stuff for track use. Might install the trans scoop and diff cooler. Plus tow hooks, better brakes, better fluids, and likely run RE71's mostly. I already put Hankook RS4's on right when I left the dealer. I didn't like the SC2's for the street and might just sell them (only 33 miles on them). If I don't get any good bites I might run them on track. I was hoping to stick with 200TW class but we'll see.
Wing is a Carbon2Carbon GT350R wing. Wing was made from Original Ford tooling and is very functional. If you want to sell the PS2s let me know.
Steve

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I really hope we have something unique here.
I'm not sure how much you would have to relax the definition of "unique" to make that work.

I mean, really, what's the difference between your car and mine? You've got a different splitter (bolt on part), a different spoiler (bolt on), different wheels / tires (bolt on), springs (bolt on), and driving dynamics software.

There's no engine difference, they're pretty much a wash in a straight line, the bulk of the performance edge between the two comes from the tires, and that edge will switch back and forth pretty quick depending on whether or not it's raining.

Last edited:

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wing is a Carbon2Carbon GT350R wing. Wing was made from Original Ford tooling and is very functional. If you want to sell the PS2s let me know.
Steve
Cool. I might consider a R style wing. I also like the Saleen style wing but again, either of those will be a few years out. PM Sent.

Sponsored

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
Brake boosters are unique to PP2 cars as is ABS calibration. Front hubs are a hybrid GT350 style with steel spindle.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So, if someone was working on a database (registry), what would GT PP2 owners like to have or see in a user interface (besides entering vehicle info)? Reports of how many exist, reports by location, etc?

Meaning, what would be the most important aspects you would want logged, stored or extracted as registry info?

Exterior Color, Interior Color, VIN, State location, etc.? Fields for Timed Event info (*for those who track their GT PP2)?

Not looking to tie the data to any user personal info that would be publicly visible, but more so just a registry that will capture a decent amount of important vehicle information available to the public.

Post up.

I’ve started on a little project and have an excellent base started, but throwing the above up here to see what GT PP2 Owners have in mind (I might have already captured it, who knows). This little project might intrigue some of you. I might also need to ask the community for more input as well, both with data and “IT Techy Stuff” (because this site has a LOT of smart folks).

Not promising the world as I’m doing this between work, personal and any remaining spare time, but I think folks will like it.

Think of this as something similar to a Forscan data-gathering effort - the more contributed, the better and hopefully it will really benefit the S550 Community (and this site). :)

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Cobra Jet, I think you nailed it down pretty good.

One other thing would be wrecked/totalled PP2's. Seeing as how rare these cars probably are, I'd love to know how much more rare they get when one bites the dust. I might just stick mine in a barn as a retirement investment. Might not...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Cobra Jet, I think you nailed it down pretty good.

It will be an actual database registry, not a registry where folks are leaving bits and pieces in a thread with a long list to wade through....

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It should have VIN or at least the last 6 or 8. Year, Ext Color, Pkg choice (301A, 401A..), Int Color, other options (Recaro seats, active exhaust...). With the full VIN a person can get the original build or possibly window sticker from a dealer or other resources.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Not sure if anyone would be interested, but maybe a timeline on ordering/buying/delivery as My guess is a lot were special orders. I also think it would be interesting to see where (dealer) and what others ended up paying for their cars, MSRP, negotiated price, rebates, private cash offers, dealer fees, net price (before taxes, title, and license fees). It's fine if others would rather not share this information, I just think it might be interesting to see how different dealers and parts of the country/world might differ.

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
As long as all that info (including VIN) is optional. :wink:

Edit: considering I have some of that info on my signature, my concern is more with VIN lol. But everyone has their own limits on what they want to share and not share, so yeah most of it probably should be optional.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as all that info (including VIN) is optional. :wink:

Edit: considering I have some of that info on my signature, my concern is more with VIN lol. But everyone has their own limits on what they want to share and not share, so yeah most of it probably should be optional.
Is someone else having access to a VIN something to be concerned about? I never really thought so but that's also why I suggested maybe the last 6 or 8. Seems that's usually all the dealer or some auto parts places need to look up your car.
Sponsored