canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Tha
Just wondering if anyone has made a list of the parts needed to replicate the Performance Pack Lv2 on a PP1 car.
Just wondering if anyone has made a list of the parts needed to replicate the Performance Pack Lv2 on a PP1 car.
That's a good but costly idea.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Tha

That's a good but costly idea.
My understanding is it is: springs/shocks, swaybars, wider wheels and a retune for the magneride. I wouldn't expect it to be SUPER pricey, but I'm more just wondering.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Take both list on Ford website and mark the differences.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Outside of the wheels & tires, it has unique Magneride dampers and springs, unique front knuckles, and unique EPAS and abs tuning.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
This should cover you for the MR tuning and springs: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M (although based on the description this drops the car a bit and firms up the sway bars). Won't address the other parts that BmacIL mentioned above though.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Outside of the wheels & tires, it has unique Magneride dampers and springs, unique front knuckles, and unique EPAS and abs tuning.
So one needs to buy the FP kits, find the EPAS/ABS tuning, 305 tires, dampeners and the knuckles? That's easier than I expected.

Knuckles and dampeners can be had from Ford Parts probably. Maybe even the ABS module.

Is the steering ratio the same or is that just an electronic part swap too?

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Then you have to put on that huge front splitter. I see no reason to upgrade to any of the pp2 stuff.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Then you have to put on that huge front splitter. I see no reason to upgrade to any of the pp2 stuff.
Yeah that splitter, while probably functional, definitely needed to stop by the design department.

I like keeping things Ford branded if I can.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Why do you want to replicate a PP2 in the first place?
Would just like to have a car that has both packages, or as close as I can replicate. Bullitt power and PP2 handling.

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
Would just like to have a car that has both packages, or as close as I can replicate. Bullitt power and PP2 handling.
It wouldn't be cost effective whatsoever, but can be done; at least I think it would be able to. I think where the main issues of trying to reproduce the package would be trying to get the updated and re calibrated Magneride, EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning settings. I am sure a PP1/Bullit car with Magneride could accept an update to PP2 specs, but not sure about other items. But items such as the heavy duty GT350/R style hubs, wide wheels, and tires that the PP2 has get costly very quickly.

Does your car have MagneRide? Assuming you do.

I think some carefully chosen suspension parts (sway bars, springs, bushings, etc) will get you the handling you are looking for but you may be missing the "track inspired" calibrations the PP2 car offers. The neat thing about MagneRide over coilovers or good handling MacPherson strut packages, is you get the option of softer or stiffer rides and the capability to tune from the dash.

A better way to go would have been buy a PP2 car and purchase the items (a tuner) to get Bullitt power. That would be a piece of cake and much cheaper.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The replica PP2 wheels are about $1200-1300. The knuckles can probably be bought from FordParts. Ford sells a Spring/Strut package that is one step over PP2 for under 1K that includes the Magneride tune. Really the only part that would be hard would be the ABS/EPAS/Stability control. Which may partly just be some control module swaps or flash.

If I did the reverse I'd still have to get a GT350 IM, TB and intake. Also not really able to get the Green aftermarket without a few grand.