PP2 Ford Performance Tune

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I'm assuming this tune would work on a PP1 with an A10 - or is it specific to the PP2 with the manual trans? I like the idea of a tune that wouldn't affect the warranty...
That's not true. Depending on what warranty work you would be doing it would be covered by Ford Performance and not Ford. It is also only 3 yr from car purchase date so if you purchased extended their could be blurred lines. Just FYI.

If you have e85 readily available tuning for it will wake up the car more with double the power for less. Although if its not in your area that's a moot point.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I read that it switches you to FRPP warranty as they would cover it within those 36 months. What about powertrain warranty - is that void?
Don't think anyone ever ended in position to figure it out - their tunes are without a doubt "safe" or conservative. But logically - it could get denied by Ford since engine was modified (different throttle body and ECU calibration).

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I believe the FP tune adjusts "rev hang" during shifts on a 6MT so that is probably what he is talking about.

This is available on an A10 as well. I'm considering it for the revised A10 tuning because the stock calibration is a bit sloppy as we know.

There is still a tad of rev hang when doing WOT runs, its there for Cat protection. This is a CARB certified tune, has to be there as the tune is meant to keep the cats in place. I have had this tune since August and I am very happy with it.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
What about powertrain warranty - is that void?
Nothing I read on the official info said anything about warranty except that if you have a dealer / ASE certified you keep the 3/36. Since it's not explicitly stated you are losing anything else I think it's safe to assume everything is intact otherwise.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Don't think anyone ever ended in position to figure it out - their tunes are without a doubt "safe" or conservative. But logically - it could get denied by Ford since engine was modified (different throttle body and ECU calibration).
As a dealer, I am told by Ford that this does not void your warranty, as long as it is installed by a Ford dealer or, a red seal certified licensed automotive technician. When I buy out my lease and extend my bumper to bumper warranty coverage to eight years total, this tune will not affect that coverage. It was designed and built by Ford.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Yes it could get denied by Ford, but then you use FP's warranty that they offer for 3 years. So either way you do have a full warranty for 3 years, it's just that it under the FP umbrella vs. Ford.

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Yes it could get denied by Ford, but then you use FP's warranty that they offer for 3 years. So either way you do have a full warranty for 3 years, it's just that it under the FP umbrella vs. Ford.
It does not affect the 5 year, 100,000 km powertrain warranty. To be 100% confident, do your servicing at a Ford dealer and have a Ford dealer install the kit. All Ford dealers are now Ford Performance dealers.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
It does not affect the 5 year, 100,000 km powertrain warranty. To be 100% confident, do your servicing at a Ford dealer and have a Ford dealer install the kit. All Ford dealers are now Ford Performance dealers.
Unfortunately a lot of Ford dealerships don't touch any aftermarket, including Ford Racing Parts.

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Haven’t read the whole thread just this post. I had FP Power Pack 3 on my 17, and assuming it’s the same warranty setup, it doesn’t invalidate the 5/60 warranty but definitely does affect it. In theory if something goes wrong after 3/36 but before 5/60 and Ford/dealer attributes it to the FP modification, they have grounds to deny. That’s why anyone cares that the FP 3/36 exists at all.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It doesn't void it you are correct, but just like with any other tune if Ford finds that the damage is directly related to the FP tune itself, they *could* deny the work. Anything else not related to the tune is fine.

So for the first 3 years, if anything goes wrong including something related to the tune, Ford denies you and then you go through FP. After the 3 years, if something goes wrong related to the tune, Ford denies you and you have to pay outta pocket.

Reactions: kz

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
The why do you there is an FP warranty (which is a selling point) to begin with ?? Think logically, not what you want it to be.

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The why do you there is an FP warranty (which is a selling point) to begin with ?? Think logically, not what you want it to be.
Well, number one, there is a service history and if there is ever a question about it, goodwill is often invoked. Twenty years managing a dealership has shown me the easy ways to get things done. I will write a book, it's up to you if you want to learn from others. Oh, and we are a Ford Performance dealership.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Well, number one, there is a service history and if there is ever a question about it, goodwill is often invoked. Twenty years managing a dealership has shown me the easy ways to get things done. I will write a book, it's up to you if you want to learn from others. Oh, and we are a Ford Performance dealership.
That's great. Does every single Ford dealership in this country work this way (very rhetorical question if it isn't obvious) ?
Sponsored