PP2 Ford Performance Tune

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Looks like it is OBD to ethernet, looking at a back image. Also looks like it would work with the nGauge window mount.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
You most definitely do not need to get to the track to try the Track mode - unless you really believe the Track mode being track only...
It is winter here with wet slippery streets, I am not going to be that guy who ends up off the road.

Sponsored

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
This is exactly what I've been looking for. I have a 2020 PP2 and was considering a super charger, only to learn that for track use (I'm new this is) the heat related problems aren't worth it. I was asking around about a CAI, and everyone seemed to tell me it's pointless. That the closed system that comes from the factory is great. But this speaks to me. It's more than a tune and CAI.

Are there any disadvantage to this setup?

Seems like a similar setup to the gt350.

I'm in Canada also, where did you end up purchasing the kit, and if you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost?

Also, does this allow me to retain my factory warranty? I only have 352km on my car lol

Cheers

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The reason for so much confusion, the Performance package options: PP1 and PP2 are options for the mustang car. The Ford Performance Power Packs 1, 2, 3 all have what letters for initials? And then, a simple google search brings this up: TESTED: Ford Mustang GT Power Packs 1-3 - Page 10 of 10 - MotoIQ . As well as searching here in the forums.
Its even more confusing because the Power Pack 1, 2, and 3's are only for the 2015 thru 2017 GT's. The 2018 kit is just called the "2018 - 2020 Mustang GT Calibration." I had the Power Pack 2 on my 2017 GT. Was pretty impressed with the kit and definitely noticed the power gains.

I am interested in buying the kit for my 2020 GT PP2, only thing that has stopped me so far is that you need a Windows based device for the programmer, and everything in my house is an Apple product. My parents live about 65 miles away and I confirmed with them last night that they have a desktop with Windows 10, but then I saw this morning that it won't work with Windows 10 in "S Mode." Now I need confirm they don't have "S mode" before I order. Figure if I can use their computer, I will just bring the handheld out to there place and get it ready, then come home and install the kit.

Doug

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Its even more confusing because the Power Pack 1, 2, and 3's are only for the 2015 thru 2017 GT's. The 2018 kit is just called the "2018 - 2020 Mustang GT Calibration." I had the Power Pack 2 on my 2017 GT. Was pretty impressed with the kit and definitely noticed the power gains.

I am interested in buying the kit for my 2020 GT PP2, only thing that has stopped me so far is that you need a Windows based device for the programmer, and everything in my house is an Apple product. My parents live about 65 miles away and I confirmed with them last night that they have a desktop with Windows 10, but then I saw this morning that it won't work with Windows 10 in "S Mode." Now I need confirm they don't have "S mode" before I order. Figure if I can use their computer, I will just bring the handheld out to there place and get it ready, then come home and install the kit.

Doug
Damb

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
This is exactly what I've been looking for. I have a 2020 PP2 and was considering a super charger, only to learn that for track use (I'm new this is) the heat related problems aren't worth it. I was asking around about a CAI, and everyone seemed to tell me it's pointless. That the closed system that comes from the factory is great. But this speaks to me. It's more than a tune and CAI.

Are there any disadvantage to this setup?

Seems like a similar setup to the gt350.

I'm in Canada also, where did you end up purchasing the kit, and if you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost?

Also, does this allow me to retain my factory warranty? I only have 352km on my car lol

Cheers
I am a Ford dealer in North Vancouver and researched this with my hot rod tech's and the best advice from them is to use Ford Performance for any upgrades because the gear you buy fits and yes, there is a 36 month, 60,000 km warranty with it. The support from Ford Performance is amazing and they are readily available for a chat to deal with problems. The cost to me for the kit was $1,735 CAD. This is puts the car ahead of a GT350 as far as I am concerned, but it is very similar to the GT350.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)

Doug
You can download it into the laptop and then through the Procal load it into your car. Make sure to save your original programming. Or, you could take it to a good Ford shop and they will do it for you.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I am a Ford dealer in North Vancouver and researched this with my hot rod tech's and the best advice from them is to use Ford Performance for any upgrades because the gear you buy fits and yes, there is a 36 month, 60,000 km warranty with it. The support from Ford Performance is amazing and they are readily available for a chat to deal with problems. The cost to me for the kit was $1,735 CAD. This is puts the car ahead of a GT350 as far as I am concerned, but it is very similar to the GT350.
36 months from in service date for the car. Do depending on the point time when you buy it / install it, it may be 36 months or it might be zero.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
36 months from in service date for the car. Do depending on the point time when you buy it / install it, it may be 36 months or it might be zero.
I read that it switches you to FRPP warranty as they would cover it within those 36 months. What about powertrain warranty - is that void?

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
I will be having mine installed in the spring. Price with installation and tax is $1061.
Sponsored