PP1 wheels on a pp2 car

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Will pp1 wheels fit on my pp2? I have an opportunity to buy a winter setup at a decent price but didn’t want to make the drive if they wouldn’t fit
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Will pp1 wheels fit on my pp2? I have an opportunity to buy a winter setup at a decent price but didn’t want to make the drive if they wouldn’t fit
Yes - suspension geometry is the same between the two. PP2 = Magride PP1 with slightly different springs.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
The ride feel and handling performance will be interesting with that set up. Please post the results and your experiences when and if you do it.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The ride feel and handling performance will be interesting with that set up. Please post the results and your experiences when and if you do it.
No different than a any ol' PP1 with magride and winter tires.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - suspension geometry is the same between the two. PP2 = Magride PP1 with slightly different springs.
You always seem on top of the Magneride stuff so I’m hoping you can help … :like:

PP1 + MR (the starting point).
PP2 = PP1 + springs (from your post above).

Ford Performance MR kit is springs, sways and ECU flash if fitted to a PP1, but if fitted to a PP2 FP say only the hardware is needed suggesting it already has the updated ECU settings ?

But my real question is the MR on the Mach 1 and the Mach 1 HP - where do those fit in the pecking order ?

i.e. is a M1 the same as a PP2 and is the M1 HP the same as FP’s MR handling pack etc etc ?

Cheers for any insight :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
You always seem on top of the Magneride stuff so I’m hoping you can help … :like:

PP1 + MR (the starting point).
PP2 = PP1 + springs (from your post above).

Ford Performance MR kit is springs, sways and ECU flash if fitted to a PP1, but if fitted to a PP2 FP say only the hardware is needed suggesting it already has the updated ECU settings ?

But my real question is the MR on the Mach 1 and the Mach 1 HP - where do those fit in the pecking order ?

i.e. is a M1 the same as a PP2 and is the M1 HP the same as FP’s MR handling pack etc etc ?

Cheers for any insight :like:

WD :like:
It's a VDM flash (not ECU) - Vehicle Dynamics Module - it sits in the trunk.
PP2 appear to have an updated VDM calibration but other than Ford Performance stating that in the manual for the kit, there is no way to verify (and no reason to not trust them either).

Where M1 is I honestly have no idea. Someone would have to figure out spring rates to begin with (or at least check the codes on the door sticker - there was a thread somewhere with people reporting spring codes from different cars). What the VDM calibration is - don't think anyone knows that and there is no way to figure it out (if someone claims they can figure it out from driving the car - do not believe it).
My wild guess is they probably re-used PP2 calibration because it's Ford. Sorry I can't be anymore helpful. I'm running DSC controller with custom made maps so I'm beyond Ford OEM magride stuff.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
No different than a any ol' PP1 with magride and winter tires.
I've read the PP2 has different springs, different size sway bar parts, and the calibration is different on the MR settings. Having owned both I can confirm they feel different but never actually measured the parts.
Sponsored

Last edited: