Sponsored

PP Full Size Spare Question

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
A while back I seem to remember s post or posts regarding someone/company putting together a full size spare that would work for the PP package Brembos etc but can’t find it any ideas?
Sponsored

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I have that one and have had to use it. Works great. Make sure you fill it to 60psi.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Impressive. Most impressive.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the complete kit. It did not come with the silver tire iron, but did come the the black one that I do not use. I have a long 1/2" ratchet, 6" extension and a six point deep socket that works the jack and the gorillas. The ratchet makes for quick work and 150 ft/lbs without marring lugs or scratching body work.

Chopps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I bought the complete kit. It did not come with the silver tire iron, but did come the the black one that I do not use. I have a long 1/2" ratchet, 6" extension and a six point deep socket that works the jack and the gorillas. The ratchet makes for quick work and 150 ft/lbs without marring lugs or scratching body work.
I plan on buying one at harbor freight to do same what size are those lugs anyway ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But a full size spare will not fit in the wheel well, at least not flush with the truck floor. That is an feature I have to have with a spare. The mini tire just barely does.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
If worst comes to worst I will try using the fix-a-flat foam thing included with the pp1's with the airpump.

Most tire leaks are slow enough that you can just leave the nail in and keep driving and fill up the tire with the electric pump as needed, not even using the foam stuff. Never have had a sidewall blow out while driving , but I did have one faulty valve stem back in the day.

You can get cans of big tire fix-a-flat, I bet that combined with the airpump the pp1s come with is good enough 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time where you get a flat so severe that the foam doesnt work, chances are most of those incidents the car is undriveable from wrecking it anyway. That being said I have never tried using the foam but I have got nails and just had to pump the tire up every morning until I got it fixed.
Sponsored