Sponsored

PP Annoying Brake Dust

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I have been using Armor All Outlast Brake Dust Repellent for the past four months and it is awesome. I only have to clean my PP wheels every other time the car is washed. Little to no dust after a couple of weeks.

One time after a wash I didn't have time to reapply it. Big mistake. Wheels were dusted in a day.
Maybe I'll try your method. These are going on my car soon, and I don't need the constant dusting on my new shit
image.jpeg

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
using powerstop Z23 pads from rockauto, got a full set for PP brakes for $90 shipped. A little less touchy and bitey than OEM PPs but the dust is gone.
Same here. Much happier with the lower amounts of dust.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I just installed front Z23 power stops on my car. Here are my thoughts.

Bought them from Rockauto.com for $52 shipped. Not bad.

Initial bite is diminished for sure, but I found the OEM pads to be very touchy, so this is not so bad. After the initial engagement, they feel very close to the OEM pads.

Wet performance feels identical.

I don't track my car so I can't say how they would perform with some heat buildup.

The big question though...

Brake dust is gone. Like gone, gone. Very happy with that, maybe I can keep these wheels clean for more than 3 days.

Sponsored

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
^^ This seems to be exactly what I want as well. Do you mind posting exact part numbers? Thank you

OP
OP
Rob_Stylez

Rob_Stylez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW 5.0
I just installed front Z23 power stops on my car. Here are my thoughts.

Bought them from Rockauto.com for $52 shipped. Not bad.

Initial bite is diminished for sure, but I found the OEM pads to be very touchy, so this is not so bad. After the initial engagement, they feel very close to the OEM pads.

Wet performance feels identical.

I don't track my car so I can't say how they would perform with some heat buildup.

The big question though...

Brake dust is gone. Like gone, gone. Very happy with that, maybe I can keep these wheels clean for more than 3 days.
Ah nice, thanks for the info. I just placed my order on rockauto as well, hopefully now I can paint my calipers and not worry about having to clean them calipers as well as my wheels.

I was starting to hate to wash my car, I ended up going with Vossen VFS2 wheels and they have way too many spokes to wash lol
Sponsored