Potential Clutch Issue? Lethal LPX-HD

merrillt_12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Merrill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Roush Supercharged
Does anyone else's issues go away after hard pulls? If I open my gt up and run it hard through at least top end of 3rd gear, my clutch pedal is soft and shifting is buttery smooth for the rest of my drive. No engagement issues from a stop after that. Next drive I have to open her up to get that silky feel back.
Exactly the same thing happen with my LPX. My guess would be the kevlar expanding on heat enough to fully disengage, similar to what @J17GT mentioned about the clutch fingers needing to travel more.
Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The same thing happened to me at the end of the season. I thought it was a fluke. Then I see this thread pop up. How many of you are running the Steeda clutch spring?
I'm running Exedy ET05SRFD - 2011-17 Mustang 5.0L Organic 23 Teeth 8 Bolt Twin Disc Clutch.
When I pull my car out of winter storage I will be checking the spring perch and peddle assembly for play.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Stock clutch spring here. I’ve never touched it. I also stuck my head under there looking for play in the pedal etc, no issues there as far as I can tell.
Sponsored