Sponsored

Potential Trans/Clutch Issue

xjester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem w/PP
Purchased a 2016 GT w/PP about 2 weeks ago with 4500 miles on it. While the shifting clunk was present, it was nothing outside of normal for the M82 trans. However, over the last few days I’ve noticed the thunk and clunk becoming more pronounced and gears catching when shifting into any gear, regardless of speed or RPM’s of the engine. Then last night while idling into my garage, I noticed a clutch burning smell. Today in traffic, the smell came back with a vengeance without doing anything outside of normal – in both cases, I was under 5 MPH when the smell became present. It’s been cold lately (sub-freezing temps for a week), which I know can play havoc on these M82’s, but I cannot think it would be this cause this many problems. Or could it? Never seemed to bother my other 2 Mustangs (sames trans).

The gear catching and smell has me the most concerned at this point. Any thoughts or ideas of what could be going on?
Sponsored

DAVECS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT Grabber Blue
Just reading your post, it would seem you have throw out bearing problems. Maybe like moisture in the line or something, if it is happening while cold. I am not sure what it takes to flush your TO fluid but it my be worth a shot. Or if you can get the dealer to do it.