Possible Covid19 Protection

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello; I do not know about them getting the shingles vaccine at all. Yes it could be coincidence. I do not know how to gauge this.
I had shingles back 40 years or so ago when I was 30 years old.
Well here is the latest. These vaccines are new so no one really knows all the possible interactions with other diseases. The again, this is no different than any other vaccine, or even prescription or OTC medications.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covi...experts-debunk-covid-19-vaccine-shingles-link
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
If you had shingles, did you also go to a chicken pox party when you were younger?

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
If you had shingles, did you also go to a chicken pox party when you were younger?
Hello; Yes I had chicken pox when I was young. Had shingles when I was around 30 years old. Not sure if the relative I mentioned had chicken pox when young but he had shingles in the last weeks right after the first moderna shot.
For what it is worth I had a fever blister (cold sore) on my lip in recent weeks. Some time before the second vaccine shot but I did not associate it with anything at the time. Not clear in my memory if it was before or after the first shot.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I got my first Pfizer shot last Wednesday. I'm not scheduled until July for the 2nd as they are stretching it out here due to shortages (we don't make it here and we have to buy them) and some newer data regarding the efficacy of the first shot. I had no issues from it other than my arm was a bit sore the next day. I was happy to get it I want out of this shit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Went for the first vaccine last Wednesday(moderna). Now my Tinnitus in my left ear has gone from unnoticeable to much louder with a clicking. Hopefully it goes away. Apparently it’s a thing with the vaccines.

Won’t be getting the second and as I understand the first is between 80-90% effective.
Hello; This was discussed in a covid thread a lot. That thread is now closed for further comments but the discussion is still there. If you have not read that thread, be warned it is loaded with distractions and side tracks.
The same thought did occur to me, but too late. I had such a strong reaction to the second shot, the reaction itself made me consider that there was some level of protection after the first injection.
While the jury may still be out on your plan, at least some places have been in favor of an only one shot procedure. Be warned the idea you present was met with strong objections in that other thread. A lot of name calling and personal insults got the thread closed according to the Mod who closed it. I have asked for a civil discussion in this thread.

Good luck with your decision.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It is starting to hit the news wires that a single dose is effective and getting the Covid does make one immune from getting it again.

Glad I waited.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Won’t be getting the second and as I understand the first is between 80-90% effective.
Hi Jay. Sorry to hear about your tinnitus (no pun intended). I have a mild case that started about 4 years ago. I had no increase in level after my first shot and again nothing after the second.

I hope your levels back down. Unfortunately there is no way to tell. Also there is no way to tell what the 2nd dose will bring to you. That said, I would reconsider the second shot. The efficacy numbers are not written in stone. If they find the second shot is really necessary only getting the first would be a waste. You're half way home and have four weeks to make your final decision. Good luck.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
It is starting to hit the news wires that a single dose is effective and getting the Covid does make one immune from getting it again.

Glad I waited.
There is nothing conclusive about one dose efficacy. It could change tomorrow. Probably will. Also we do not know the length of the immunity you get from having had it. My wife had it in July and just had her second shot. She hated the idea of the vaccine but hates the virus worse. I guess pick your poison.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hi Jay. Sorry to hear about your tinnitus (no pun intended). I have a mild case that started about 4 years ago. I had no increase in level after my first shot and again nothing after the second.

I hope your levels back down. Unfortunately there is no way to tell. Also there is no way to tell what the 2nd dose will bring to you. That said, I would reconsider the second shot. The efficacy numbers are not written in stone. If they find the second shot is really necessary only getting the first would be a waste. You're half way home and have four weeks to make your final decision. Good luck.
Hello; Interesting about the tinnitus. I have had this for several years. It is mainly in my right ear and is pretty much constant but does change in intensity. I did have a strong episode after the second shot but did not associate it with the shot. The tinnitus is at a low level the last few days so that is a good sign. I was thinking the strong intensity might be from spring pollen congestion. I am just past two weeks since the second shot today. As I sit the tinnitus is very low intensity just now. That may be because I am concentrating on writing and have TV noise in the background. But I have noted it being very mild the last few days.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Interesting about the tinnitus. I have had this for several years. It is mainly in my right ear and is pretty much constant but does change in intensity. I did have a strong episode after the second shot but did not associate it with the shot. The tinnitus is at a low level the last few days so that is a good sign. I was thinking the strong intensity might be from spring pollen congestion. I am just past two weeks since the second shot today. As I sit the tinnitus is very low intensity just now. That may be because I am concentrating on writing and have TV noise in the background. But I have noted it being very mild the last few days.
Mine varies as well. Sometimes it is moderately loud, sometimes I cannot hear it at all. Right now any change to anything can and will be attributed to the vaccine. It is easy to make the correlation, but impossible to prove. Unfortunately there is just no way to tie any of these things together yet. Hopefully it will be found that none of these things are caused by the vaccine but we have to wait and see.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; There seems to be some confusion about vaccine efficacy. Even with the second dose of moderna there is not 100% protection against an infection. Some percentage can be infected with covid. What I have read currently and what I understand from by background as a biology teacher is that such an infection ought to be milder in terms of the intensity of the symptoms.

Of those who do have the wild infection and recover it is reported a second infection is rare and may be asymptomatic or with very mild symptoms. I am guessing that for some reason they get a covid test which comes back positive. I have been thinking about this. Here is a way it seems possible.
The immune reaction from either survival of the infection or from a proper vaccine has at least two stages. First is a stage of having the body make antibodies, T-cells and such which are present in the body. ( I will just use antibodies from now on to indicate all)
How long those active antibodies stay detectable in the blood is a question for sure. It may be only a couple months or may be years.
However even after the antibodies are no longer detectable the immune system has not "forgotten" about the covid virus. If you get sneezed on by someone with the same covid virus strain, some of the virus will get into your body. It will try to set up in your cells. The body will recognize it right away and by having a "memory" of the earlier infection or vaccine will start production of new antibodies. This will be within hours now and not the several days it took the body to react the first time around.
You technically will be re-infected for a short time but likely will not even notice. I suspect this happens to us often. Say you have one of the common cold virus infections. Two weeks later it is gone. As you go about life you come in contact with someone who is shedding that same virus. You breathe it in and the body recognizes it right away. The immune reaction is quick enough to deal with that virus before you even notice.
So back to my point. I can see how someone who has had a vaccine or has survived the virus might have a covid test which shows up positive. After all we are in a pandemic and are surrounded by the infected. It seems likely a few will run into the virus again. That the survivors have no symptoms or only mild symptoms seems to be a possible outcome. I do hope such will be the case for us all.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)