Sponsored

Possible Covid19 Protection

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's worse than that. After reading some background data I can exclusively reveal that 99.9999999% people that have died up til now had in fact lived up until the point of their death proving conclusively that once born you WILL die.

sk47 - there have been a tonne (not a ton though a US forum maybe ton more appropriate) and heaps of threads on covid and quite honestly it turns into a mess pretty quickly. If folks want to discuss medical theories or current practices might I suggest a car forum is last on the list of possible choices. However or rather whatever it's all too much to bear so i bid you goodnight one and all and I'm off to watch the Aussie V8's from the weekend gone.

oo there's a thing. If you watch Nascar you can conclude that Mustangs are unable turn right but if you watch Aussie V8's you see them do left and right turns. So statistically American V8's can't turn for shit. Am I allowed to say that??
I’m just stoked that people outside of Australia have an interest in our touring car category.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I just went to the off topic lounge and saw there are 61 pages of topics there. Seems to me if you do not like this thread then just do not participate. There ought to be plenty of other forums and threads you can go to and be happy
The way it will work out is those who are interested will post and we may have some discussions and the thread will die out. There may not be any who want to discuss the topic for all I know.

I thought the possibility of a simple way to help with this virus might be of value to those not yet having access to a vaccine. Even of possible value to those afraid to take the vaccines.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I’m just stoked that people outside of Australia have an interest in our touring car category.
oh gawd yes, Big thundering V8's bring it on! I've been watching for years, the Ambrose Falcon days, fighting with Ingall. A mate got me involved with it, started watching it on free to air in the UK, then it went a bit funny with coverage and it was hit and miss then it went subscription TV only which cost a pretty penny and sometimes just Bathurst being shown, awesome love that race but 1am start here in the UK with 7am+ finish just hurts lol, bit like the Superbowl actually. Greg Murphy's Lap of the Gods, fugging amazing!
Didnt the supercars series go Supertourer with 2Litre engines, wasn't the same. Then with covid and all I discovered the overseas streaming package was really cheap so signed up for it last year and renewed this year so game on for watching it on catch up. :sunglasses: :rockon:
Was actually planning to visit this year for the Gold Coast 500 and make a huge holiday out of it but sigh Covid punched that idea out cold. Much sadness

Hello; I just went to the off topic lounge and saw there are 61 pages of topics there. Seems to me if you do not like this thread then just do not participate. There ought to be plenty of other forums and threads you can go to and be happy
The way it will work out is those who are interested will post and we may have some discussions and the thread will die out. There may not be any who want to discuss the topic for all I know.

I thought the possibility of a simple way to help with this virus might be of value to those not yet having access to a vaccine. Even of possible value to those afraid to take the vaccines.
you are right, I should not post in your topic because you are I feel not interested in other view points as you have determined already what you feel is the right answer. For me, you sound like you should go visit a doctor, a real one and discuss your fears / feelings over this. Anyone else with issues on medical topics should also go see their Doctor and not visit a car forum BUT you are right and it's not my place to tell you or others where to go. Drive your Mustang or whatever you have and be happy :clap:

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Interesting how raptor17GT looks at this. In many ways the topic of this thread is not about me since I have already had two vaccine shots. I have made a choice and if the vaccine is effective will not face the current virus as an illness.

Yes I do have an opinion. I suspect most everyone has opinions. I do not have "proof". One of the reasons I have been taking aspirin for many years is to help with potential blood clots. When I read about blood clots in the lungs of those infected with covid I did wonder if aspirin might help. But wonder was all at the time.
I read the information in the link I included. That some raw information was pointing to an association with aspirin seemed to be potentially important. Even in the link they state this will have to be studied more to be sure, so it is not yet fully supported.

One way I try to express things is to say what sort of confidence level I have in a topic. Right now I have low to moderate confidence aspirin can be of help if a person is infected. If the additional studies show positive links between aspirin and reducing blood clots then the confidence will be stronger.

I know I can take aspirin. Have been for decades. Sometimes full strength aspirin, but mostly daily low dose aspirin. I imagine many know if they can safely take aspirin. If you are not sure go see a doctor before taking aspirin. If I was still among those who have not yet had the vaccine and had not been sick with the virus, I would find some comfort in the knowledge that my daily aspirin might give me some protection from more severe complications.

The way I understand it it the aspirin is not a cure, but more of a possible way to lessen the impact of the infection. I can take aspirin so will be willing to take it if it can help with an infection.
Turns out even with the vaccines some can become infected with the virus. Best I can determine from reading is such an infection is likely to be mild. That my daily aspirin might help is a comfort.

There is also the chance one of the mutated strains of the covid19 virus can become the major infectious agent and might make the current vaccines less or not effective. Much like the flu changes. So I hope to learn about medications which may help me ride out an infection. If aspirin turns out to be one of those medications, I will be some protected.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
So if I take the baby aspirin, should I wash it down with water, a soft drink, or coffee?
{smart ass, car reference to octane font}

Sponsored

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The deadly polio epidemic and why it matters for coronavirus (msn.com)

Hello; It seems no one is interested in aspirin and covid19, so I will side track my own thread. Back in the early 1950's all the kids in my small elementary school were packed into the back of produce trucks. I was in a grade between one and four, do not recall for sure. Probably second grade. They used produce trucks as my school system did not have school buses at the time. This was in Middlesboro KY which was later determined to be a town in a meteor crater. So I was born and raised in a meteor crater.

They took all us kids to a local gym and gave us polio vaccine shots. Some kids fainted. Most did not. I do not know if any parents gave permission. At least mine were not around. Some time later my mother had me take a different polio vaccine by eating a sugar cube.

Polio was scary. I knew a boy in my neighborhood who had to wear a leg brace. I had a relative who was in one of the iron lungs. I could not go in to visit, but could see her thru a window in a door.

Anyway I guess I have been in two early vaccine trials now. Polio and now covid19. The polio vaccine turned out well. I hope the covid19 does as well.

I have always admired Dr. Salk. He did not go for the big bucks. We all chipped in. There were cards every where for the march of dimes. I can recall sticking dimes into the slots. It was sort of like the coin collectors books. The last paragraph in the article calls for us to pull together in the spirit of the 1950's. That would be nice but seems unlikely

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory, so it can't hurt.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Aspirin is an anti-inflammatory, so it can't hurt.
Hello; Yes it is. I was thinking it is so common and so many take it that if it can help then why not.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just want to drop this here. My wife got her 2nd Moderna shot on Wednesday. Very mild symptoms. A little arm soreness and some mild fatigue. Keep in mind she already had the virus last July. I had my second Moderna shot yesterday. Other than some soreness at the injection site and being a little tired, nothing. As of now I’m fine.

No opinions here, just stating what happened to my better half and I.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Got my second Moderna yesterday. Has been a rough 24 hours.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hope you are feeling better, typically the side affects last a day or two.

Got my second Moderna yesterday. Has been a rough 24 hours.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Was chatting to a neighbour mid last year, which is a surgeon.
Remember this was almost a year ago so a lot has been discovered since.
If I remember correctly the following was what I got out of the chat;
COVID causes vascular inflammation and hence can cause blood clotting in veins, arteries, capillaries etc.
The reason aspirin can be beneficial , is it’s blood thinning properties.
it can alleviate clotting and hence avoid many complications / symptoms like organ shutdown, cold feet, and lack of oxygenated blood due to blood not getting to air sacs in lungs ?

so It seems what @sk47 is saying was already discovered some time back and makes perfect sense.
No I didn’t go run out and get aspirin haha. And it’s not recommended you take medication without first consulting your doctor.

On a side note, I have a client that takes 1/2 aspirin everyday because his wife was ordered by doctor to take 1/2 a day . Every morning she took her half and gave half to hubbie.
For no particular reason btw.
About a year ago he had a massive heart attack. When he told the doctor he has been taking aspirin, he was told that it saved his life ! It had kept his blood thin enough for him to survive .

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; We had some flooding in my area last night. Called around to see how some folks faired. My brother told me how he had a case of shingles after the first vaccine shot. He also knows another person who had a case of shingles after the vaccine. This is news to me. Anyone else heard of such?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
1st I've heard of getting shingles after after the vaccination...it may be a coincidence. I'm guessing they never got the shingles shot.

OP
OP
sk47

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1st I've heard of getting shingles after after the vaccination...it may be a coincidence. I'm guessing they never got the shingles shot.
Hello; I do not know about them getting the shingles vaccine at all. Yes it could be coincidence. I do not know how to gauge this.
I had shingles back 40 years or so ago when I was 30 years old.
Sponsored