Burgo

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
But would you not agree that having the sub in the cabin would make a better sound?
IMG_20180403_004022.jpg
I have another car that has the sub in the rear parcel shelf and it sounds awesome!

dwongger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Magnetic w/pp
OEM Audio + has a sub solution that sounds amazing. I was surprised on how it sounded. Did not sound like an 8" more like a 12". Seat up or down
IMG_1931.JPG

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
OEM Audio + has a sub solution that sounds amazing. I was surprised on how it sounded. Did not sound like an 8" more like a 12". Seat up or down
IMG_1931.JPG
Funny.

I have oem audio + in my Scion (like 12 speaker set up) or something like that.

Also had the 8 inch sub enclosure. I rocked it for years til I found a open box JL sub for like 299, I wired that in (10w3 with 500 watts) omg. It was amazing, gave away the 8 inch sub to another tC owner, very clean sounding set up though if they have a mustang speaker set up.

But, I vowed I’d only own JL Stealthbox after, having owned both. No comparison, but pricy.

Found my JL box for 450 on this site off a member vs 850 retail.

Sponsored

wreckshop82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I upgraded the rear deck speakers installed the LC2i and an amp, did some adjusting and now my rear deck speakers can fill the car with music. I also replaced the rear sub and added polyfill to the enclosure.
Rear Deck Speaker Upgrade (28).JPG
Rear Deck Speaker Upgrade (15).JPG
Somewhat off topic, but can anyone tell me the part number or name (or anything that may help me find it) of the clip/nut the rear speakers screw into? Close up in the 2nd pic. I managed to break the little bastard while installing and having a hell of a time figuring out what part that is.

OP
OP
Burgo

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
What amazes me is that I just recently hired a Hyundai i30, this is a sub $20k Korean built car with a 4 speaker sound system, no amp, no sub and it blows my 9 speaker Mustang system out of the water for bass, volume and clarity.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
What amazes me is that I just recently hired a Hyundai i30, this is a sub $20k Korean built car with a 4 speaker sound system, no amp, no sub and it blows my 9 speaker Mustang system out of the water for bass, volume and clarity.

Just use forescan disable factory eq, and add a sub. Mine is a monster now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
no ideaaa. I used a 29 dollar dongle and pc, you have to download a program and register it, free but takes a couple minutes.

then you change one code, find other codes you want to put in too, theres a lot of cool things you can change while you are in there. I need to turn it back on soon I want 5-6 flashes when I tap turn signal. 3 is annoying, seems like I have to push it twice before I make a lane change often.

Jaync

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 RS3
Does anyone know if I upgraded to a JL stealthbox if you can use the factory sub harness to feed signal to it. Or do you still have to tap the right rear speaker with the lc2i. Is there a wiring diagram? Thanks

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Does anyone know if I upgraded to a JL stealthbox if you can use the factory sub harness to feed signal to it. Or do you still have to tap the right rear speaker with the lc2i. Is there a wiring diagram? Thanks
This subject has been covered many times in depth. Do a search for sub upgrade.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Tap the oem sub signal at the factory amplifier, run that to aftermarket amp.

SS2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 301A, GT Performance Package
Has anyone just replaced the rear 6.5" speakers with factory front 6.5" speakers?
Sponsored