Sponsored

Poor Man's Ghost Stripes

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Pin stripe the ghost stripes in white for extra mind fuck!

Damn that looks great though!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

CAPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks everyone. I think this is my first Ford product. I am very impressed so far. I haven't been to a track for five years. I might have to go back now. I'm also very impressed with my purchase experience. All my local (Northern Virginia) dealers sucked. Eventually found Koons of Baltimore who happened to have a build starting production which was exactly the color and options I wanted. Everyone there up and down the organization was easy to work with. In the end, it was only 24 days between in order processing and when the car showed up at the dealer.

A couple more pics from a slightly different angle to show the subtlety.

I've done protective film on my cars before but never ceramic coating. I am pretty amazed with the technology. The brochure claimed "brilliance". I'm a believer now.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
R calipers already too...nice!

If I had any color car but what I have, I would respectfully borrow this idea;)!!!! White is the one color I don’t think this would work good on. I keep returning to this thread to admire it. Probably the nicest personal touch I’ve seen done to any car yet (in here). It’s perfect. It’s classy, it fits in for those that think this car is supposed to have stripes, it just “fits” the car, etc, etc.

So if the whole car is wrapped, how do they lay the stripes?

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Has anyone seen a stripe like this?
Matrix stripe.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

CAPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
R calipers already too...nice!

If I had any color car but what I have, I would respectfully borrow this idea;)!!!! White is the one color I don’t think this would work good on. I keep returning to this thread to admire it. Probably the nicest personal touch I’ve seen done to any car yet (in here). It’s perfect. It’s classy, it fits in for those that think this car is supposed to have stripes, it just “fits” the car, etc, etc.

So if the whole car is wrapped, how do they lay the stripes?
Yeah, standard operating procedure--before the first fill up, resonator delete, red calipers, PPF, ceramic coating, window tint, etc.

I had them remove the original stripes, then do the paint correction, PPF, new stripes, then ceramic coat everything. The PPF was applied to the front section only (full hood, bumper, fenders, mirrors). Even though the package came with the A-pillars. I opted not to do them because I did not want to see the lines. I did also get the lower rocker done too.

OP
OP

CAPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So the ghost stripes are just laid on top of the clear ppf that covers the whole hood?
Yes, so you can say the areas where the stripes are have three layers of protection—two layers of film and multiple ceramic coatings.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If this doesn't give you chills you're not worthy:

[ame]

Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
65soch, Ooooh that looks nice. Is this your car? Question I have, are the mirrors wrapped? They look flat to me. I've not really cared for the shiny black on this model 350's. Have considered using the 69'70' flat black textured paint on the car with a new paint scheme. The 3M film looks like a great way to go!

Thanks

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Not my car. Mine is black so I'm thinking of the mirror image. ie. white stripes in this pattern.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
They don't show them wrapping the mirrors in the video but you're right. They do look different.Wrapping the mirrors probably takes ten minutes.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Looks awesome! Definitely would like to see it done on other darker colors too