Sponsored

POLL: Dyno vs ETuning

E-Tune with nationally reputable company vs Dyno tune with locally reputable company

• Total voters

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Greetings,

What's the concensus on what I should do? Running a phase 2 on a 2015 Roush Stage 2. Has 20X11s w/ firehawks on the rears, boost a bump, 80 mm pulley, performance pack from factory, aftermarket X pipe and catback. Currently has Roush's tune since last owner didn't bother adjusting but need that to no longer be the case.

Choices are:

E-tuning thru Lund or VMP or the like using datalogs / ngauge. Nationally reputable, pretty solid product as you all know better than I do.

Use company that's local who's renowned in the state and dyno tunes these cars.

Basically I've been told datalogging is less ideal than dyno tuning, but I don't know if it's so much so that trusting someone less reputable with a dyno (but who is still legit) would yield me better results than Lund with logs.

FWIW goal is spirited daily driver, might track it once some day but mostly just onramps and fucking with people at red lights / highway / etc. Will be a weekend drive only when weather is nice, not daily.
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I choose to work with Rob Shoemaker and the team at PBD.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I would go with the experts like AED, Lund, PBD, VMP etc. But if wanting to take it one step further you can do a remote tuning session with one of them but using your local shop's dyno.

OP
OP

ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Go with the experts (I recommend Rob shoemaker), and rent dyno time at that local shop.

You have an expert tuning your car, and a well respected tuner operating the dyno.
What would it run me for the dyno time and the say Lund tuner's time?

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Shouldn't real world data logging be more precise?
If I was doing an email tune I would choose datalogging on the street over a dyno session too. A dyno tune for me would be most beneficial when you visit your actual tuner in person, since they can see what's going on with the car in real time and know what to look for safety wise.

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
I literally just got my tune finalized from Palm Beach Dyno Rob Shoemaker last Friday. Did all the datalogs on the street and it’s now completely different car and actually took the car yesterday and put it on a dyno.
My car is a roush phase 1 auto and before the tune it baselined at 573whp and I did the cat deletes and palm beach dyno tune only and it put down 611whp. That’s a gain of 38whp and that was in the Texas heat in the 90s. The power curve is outstanding as well! The graph I have only shows the horsepower but not the torque not sure why it didn’t read torque but i am very satisfied with the results. Also look up the Palm Beach Dyno TVS 1 and 2 Kits. Very cost effective. I wanted to do the stage 2 but dont want to mess with the oil pump gears at this time so that’s why I didn’t pulley down and tune as is for now. Based on the power curve I don’t think a dyno session would of made a difference if you ask me.
2E60DDC4-1B49-4D90-8958-5C5FE887B03B.jpeg

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I plan to support a very good reputable tuner here in So Cal that's tuned Stangs back since the Terminator days and is still in business. He has also tuned some cars for Jay Leno also. I plan to dyno tune with him. He has tuned my buddy's Terminators that have over 100k miles on them and still going strong. No issues.

Personally, it would drive me nuts data logging and sending my files back and forth and re-uploading tunes. I just want to be one and done and not worry about it. I've never data logged so forgive my ignorance.
Sponsored