Plz help

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2.3 sportback
hello guys I wanted to ask if you see it profitable to buy this car and if you think there may be any more problems with the engine
and what are the most typical problems of these engines

Final image car

6AA46BEC-8782-4631-89DE-DE99BE7C974F.jpeg

D8CA0E34-89BB-4797-AE4F-AC4E707E008F.png

9472CF6C-1E76-412B-A66D-380C6EC10D3E.png
Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
when I saw the paint ... thought repainted to cover previous damage ... then I saw the rest of the pics.
Depends if a reputable shop repaired it .. one
and the price .. two
if insurance wrote it off .. three
- in my locale cars get 'branded' and will be part of record for future registrations if above a $ amount, making them worth far less.

lotta ifs.

for me to buy it would come down to price, and how it drove, how well it appeared to be repaired, shop reputation that repaired it.

since you get to lay eyes on it - its going to be your choice only.
get local valueS of similar year/model ... and know going in if its priced right.

One day you will sell it and the next buyer will be really critical of past damage.
You will have a harder time selling and take hit $$ wise to move it.

faux Shelby treatment is nice to look at - but since its not, adds no value. They have really tried to tart it up for resale.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
hello guys I wanted to ask if you see it profitable to buy this car and if you think there may be any more problems with the engine

Final image car

If you need to ask on here you are the wrong person to buy a damaged car. You need to have detailed knowledge of the damage, and equally detailed experience on how to fix it.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
So, I'm a little confused. Are you considering buying it wrecked or repaired?

If you're interested in it as a repaired car there are a ton of things to consider.
Is it a salvage title car? In other words did it get totaled out, bought at auction and then repaired? Or just wrecked and repaired?
Who did the repair and will it pass your local regulations regarding salvaged vehicles?
What year is it and how many miles? If it's pre '18 one of your concerns should be the HVAC condenser. The 2.3 is a decent engine and makes good power for what it is but they can have headgasket issues. The condenser is about a $2000 dollar repair. The headgasket is about a $3000 repair IF you can find someone to actually make the repair otherwise it will be closer to $7000 for a new motor.
And how much is it selling for? A salvaged vehicle should be 20% or 30% below what and unwrecked, clean title vehicle is.

Sponsored

Raebanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Final image car

You said any MORE problems with the engine, leading us to assume the car has already been experiencing engine problems alongside being a salvaged title. I think you’re in over your head on this one.

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
You said any MORE problems with the engine, leading us to assume the car has already been experiencing engine problems alongside being a salvaged title. I think you’re in over your head on this one.
I am going to buy the car for my daughter, the seller told me that it has not had engine problems, it only had a small bump on the bumper, it has 47k KM

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
So, I'm a little confused. Are you considering buying it wrecked or repaired?

If you're interested in it as a repaired car there are a ton of things to consider.
Is it a salvage title car? In other words did it get totaled out, bought at auction and then repaired? Or just wrecked and repaired?
Who did the repair and will it pass your local regulations regarding salvaged vehicles?
What year is it and how many miles? If it's pre '18 one of your concerns should be the HVAC condenser. The 2.3 is a decent engine and makes good power for what it is but they can have headgasket issues. The condenser is about a $2000 dollar repair. The headgasket is about a $3000 repair IF you can find someone to actually make the repair otherwise it will be closer to $7000 for a new motor.
And how much is it selling for? A salvaged vehicle should be 20% or 30% below what and unwrecked, clean title vehicle is.
I bought the car completely repaired, the car was bought at a coper auction, it is from 2019 and the car was repaired in Spain, registered, and approved in Spain, it costs €36k

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
when I saw the paint ... thought repainted to cover previous damage ... then I saw the rest of the pics.
Depends if a reputable shop repaired it .. one
and the price .. two
if insurance wrote it off .. three
- in my locale cars get 'branded' and will be part of record for future registrations if above a $ amount, making them worth far less.

lotta ifs.

for me to buy it would come down to price, and how it drove, how well it appeared to be repaired, shop reputation that repaired it.

since you get to lay eyes on it - its going to be your choice only.
get local valueS of similar year/model ... and know going in if its priced right.

One day you will sell it and the next buyer will be really critical of past damage.
You will have a harder time selling and take hit $$ wise to move it.

faux Shelby treatment is nice to look at - but since its not, adds no value. They have really tried to tart it up for resale.
the workshop is good, the parts are new, they are not repaired with putty, the car has 47k KM and the price is €36k already registered and homologated in Spain, I hope to make a good purchase of the engine, it is fine, no faults and with a 1-year guarantee .

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I bought the car completely repaired, the car was bought at a coper auction, it is from 2019 and the car was repaired in Spain, registered, and approved in Spain, it costs €36k

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to buy the car for my daughter, the seller told me that it has not had engine problems, it only had a small bump on the bumper, it has 47k KM

Not nice .................

Ran when he parked it LMAO, small bump on the bumper, hood a foot higher than the fender. :computerrage:

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I dread to think what a big bump on the bumper would be like!
The car is in perfect condition, it is already 100% fixed, it only had a small bump on it.

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

Ran when he parked it LMAO, small bump on the bumper, hood a foot higher than the fender. :computerrage:
The car is in perfect condition, it is already 100% fixed, it only had a small bump on it.

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored