Plz help

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
friend keep in mind that it is approved painted repaired and the shelby package and brought to Spain by ship that is a lot of money I think it is a reasonable price
But why not just buy one sold in Spain from new - very little difference in price?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 2.3 sportback
But why not just buy one sold in Spain from new - very little difference in price?
In spain ecoboost 2019 simple no pack no paint its 40m€ and more km

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
friend keep in mind that it is approved painted repaired
Approved by who? Certainly not by Ford.

and the shelby package
There is no such thing as a Shelby package on an ecoboost. What you overpaid for is a bunch of cheap knock off plastic bits that most people who know consider tacky.

and brought to Spain by ship that is a lot of money I think it is a reasonable price
Yes, someone paid a fair amount of money to ship a FAKE, WRECKED car to a country where an unsuspecting buyer would pay an outrageous amount of money. You were it. You could have bought brand new, no milage and with a warranty for 10% more.

But you're happy so good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
So 10% more, for a car with no repairs. Mmmmm....

If I was paying that much I know which I would buy
I know, friend, but it costs me €43k without extras, without shelby package, without matte paint, without spoiler... with all that, I would reach €60k here

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I know, friend, but it costs me €43k without extras, without shelby package, without matte paint, without spoiler... with all that, I would reach €60k here
What Shelby package do you think you have ? I don't want to make you feel bad about your purchase because it's water under the bridge, but your car has aftermarket replica of a GT500 bumper cover (original one would not fit without major changes to the front of the car if it all), fake side scoops which is a cheap aftermarket part, rear GT Performance Pack spoiler (which may be a replica too) - that's what I can see from the picture.

OP
OP
Alexfino

Alexfino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
What Shelby package do you think you have ? I don't want to make you feel bad about your purchase because it's water under the bridge, but your car has aftermarket replica of a GT500 bumper cover (original one would not fit without major changes to the front of the car if it all), fake side scoops which is a cheap aftermarket part, rear GT Performance Pack spoiler (which may be a replica too) - that's what I can see from the picture.
8F81D355-94B5-4E09-B636-9874DAD7BD36.jpeg
46F2CC8E-8FA5-47B5-AC9C-0DCEBF7DE7E2.jpeg
3062DD6B-B37B-4AD1-86CA-7EC1184ED7C4.jpeg
DAB47D02-1A3A-4F58-A8E6-3CA566587494.png

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Yeah, lots of plastic pieces, not much Shelby about them. Rear spoiler is 18+ GT Performance Pack replica one. nothing that ever was on any S550 Shelby that I know of.

67go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, mazdacx5, 22 Mustang GT Rapid Red
This is a sad ripoff story.

Sponsored

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I've owned salvaged cars before...it's a risk. You need to trust the shop that fixed it. Also, the bank may not do a normal loan with that title...something to consider. Both of the cars that I had, I was able to sell, but don't expect to get anywhere near what a non-salvaged car is getting.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I truly wish you the best of luck to you! what I noticed from the pictures , is looking at the damage before the repair that who ever did the repair would need a entire free clip +, both fenders hood, front header and bumper! And I also noticed the flat paint ! I don’t believe that was a choice buying it new . Let’s face it a lot of cars get hit and repaired,but in my opinion I think it should be undetectable repair! I guarantee as long as you are happy and like your car that is all that matters.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I asked this question a while back - here was the responses. I only asked it because I could not figure out why so many S550 wrecks were being purchased for overseas export....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/why-do-overseas-buyers-buy-copart-or-salvaged-s550’s.157785/

I also can't seem to figure out why crash replacement parts are so abundantly available overseas to repair such wrecks - than it is to do it here... Meaning, how is it more profitable overseas than the U.S. or Canada to do the same?
I don't think crash replacement parts are at all easily available here. I certainly have no idea where to find them locally except for at the Ford dealer. I would also suspect many, if not most, wrecks are repaired in the USA, and then sold/shipped (with as little mention as possible about it being wrecked). But if buying a wreck, one obviously needs to have it repaired somewhere, and so there will be either one or two unknowns:
a) status of the wrecked car.
b) quality of the repair.

a) since the car in the USA, one will just have to trust the seller, unless one is a competent mechanic jumping on an air plane to the USA to see the car.

b) if you have the car repaired in the USA, this will obviously be another unknown, as you have no relationship with the garage that will repair it, nor any comeback if the repair is bad. On the other hand, if you have the car repaired locally you will probably have a specific garage in mind and some type of relationship and trust with it. In that case you will probably also expect the garage to stand by their work if problems with the repair turn up later.

I wouldn't buy a wreck (and if I were, for sure it would be a GT350 which we cannot get with warranty here anyway ;-), but if I were, I'd rather have it repaired here.

Another point for b) might be that the world consists of many different countries. Some very expensive, and some very cheap. You might be amazed to hear how cheap mechanical work is in some countries, having the same type of mechanics as you have in the USA, ranging from incompetent cowboys to excellent and competent.

In my previous country I remember paying the equivalent of USD 300 for a complete manual transmission replacement. That included both the replacement transmission (from a wreck, with one year warranty) /and/ the work, done competently as best as I can tell based on that and several previous jobs at the same garage.

Kennysum1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Alfa Romeo Quadraflio, 2018 TT GT Prem, 22 GT
Hey man if you like the car and your daughter is happy then all is well.

It has some interesting Shelby look a like mods and looks neat. I am sure she will love it.

You may have some problems down the line due to the repairs.. you may not. NONE of us here will be able to help you with that.

You already have it so just go with and love it man!
Sponsored