Pin-striping Removal?

ZachI131

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Please don’t shoot me but never been a huge fan. Has anyone ever removed these from a Mach 1? Any issues or tips? Any pictures without?
Sponsored

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Please don’t shoot me but never been a huge fan. Has anyone ever removed these from a Mach 1? Any issues or tips? Any pictures without?
set it in the sun or use a heat gun. Just peel it off.

awpe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anton
Vehicle(s)
2008 VW Touareg V10 TDI, Mustang Mach 1 MP N2488
Is it possible to buy those original stripes from Ford? Part number? I would like to remove them, but I want to return them in case of sale...

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Is it possible to buy those original stripes from Ford? Part number? I would like to remove them, but I want to return them in case of sale...
I don’t have them in front of me but ford does sell them. They are not cheap however

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Someone in one of those threads that Atlas1 linked said he had a shop remove them and was able to save them, if I recall correctly.

Unless you're having a shop detail and PPF it though, it might be cheaper/easier to just remove them yourself with a hair dryer and reinstall down the line – or let the potential next owner worry about it, hah.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
You realize that those "pin-stripes" are part of one decal with 3 colors on the hood and two on the side. To remove the pin-stripes you'd either need to cut them from the original larger decal or remove the original and cut them off a replacement. Or there is a company in the UK that makes replacements for much cheaper and can tweak the colors or they already have a bunch of different ones to choose from.

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
I am getting the matching hood and truck decals applied by the shop doing my ceramic coating this weekend. Got them from the shop in UK. There was a member on this group who got caught up in a hail storm or something and insurance covered all the repairs. He had the dealer not apply the new decals and he kept them for later if he decides to sell the car.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I am getting the matching hood and truck decals applied by the shop doing my ceramic coating this weekend. Got them from the shop in UK. There was a member on this group who got caught up in a hail storm or something and insurance covered all the repairs. He had the dealer not apply the new decals and he kept them for later if he decides to sell the car.
That was @cactus_kid and he did end up trading his car in.
you’re getting vinyls that match the hood applied to the roof and trunk? Very curious to see how that looks if I understand you correctly
Sponsored