Picking her up today - 2019 GT

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
After looking at tons of used cars and having a deal on a low mileage 2018 400a pp1 fall through, this one popped up so I went to check it out yesterday. Dealership and sales guy were very nice and I feel like I got a good deal (matched Koons Ford). Going to sign papers tonight. Only 30 miles on it and ~15 are mine. This will be my daily driver for the next 100k miles so I went ahead with a new one where I know its history. Love the wheels and the spoiler is much nicer in person than pics. Lots of nice styling detail when you really look at it. Planning on black emblems all around, black roof and h-pipe res delete. That's it. Has to stay under warranty while it's my daily so just maintenance, tires and enjoying my daily commute in a really nice car.

2019 Race Red 300a PP1 A10
2019 RR 2.jpg
2019 RR 1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Nice ride, congrats and enjoy!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Very nice. Joe Myers up off 290?

I got mine at Autonation out in Katy and I agree with you on the wheels and wing. I'm not a fan of the wingless look because of the way the back is shaped so this wing is perfect.

Heads up - the wheels are hard to clean. Not sure if you're familiar with the old turbine rims on the Fox Bodies but these remind me of them with how hard they are to keep clean. I'm about to change my pads out because the stock ones generate so much brake dust.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After looking at tons of used cars and having a deal on a low mileage 2018 400a pp1 fall through, this one popped up so I went to check it out yesterday. Dealership and sales guy were very nice and I feel like I got a good deal (matched Koons Ford). Going to sign papers tonight. Only 30 miles on it and ~15 are mine. This will be my daily driver for the next 100k miles so I went ahead with a new one where I know its history. Love the wheels and the spoiler is much nicer in person than pics. Lots of nice styling detail when you really look at it. Planning on black emblems all around, black roof and h-pipe res delete. That's it. Has to stay under warranty while it's my daily so just maintenance, tires and enjoying my daily commute in a really nice car.

2019 Race Red 300a PP1
2019 RR 2.jpg
2019 RR 1.jpg
A10
I meant to quote you on my last post.

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Nice ride, congrats and enjoy!
Thanks!

Very nice. Joe Myers up off 290?

I got mine at Autonation out in Katy and I agree with you on the wheels and wing. I'm not a fan of the wingless look because of the way the back is shaped so this wing is perfect.

Heads up - the wheels are hard to clean. Not sure if you're familiar with the old turbine rims on the Fox Bodies but these remind me of them with how hard they are to keep clean. I'm about to change my pads out because the stock ones generate so much brake dust.
Yep off 290. I refused to pay for the PP1 package and not get the expensive wing. Seems like a waste of money considering ford charges something like $1000 for it to buy outright. I had plans to ditch it for a gt350 track pack but I'm gonna keep it now.

Plan is to ceramic coat the wheels to help with some of that. Plus, having to spend some time keeping the wheels clean will be least of my concerns haha.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thanks!

Yep off 290. I refused to pay for the PP1 package and not get the expensive wing. Seems like a waste of money considering ford charges something like $1000 for it to buy outright. I had plans to ditch it for a gt350 track pack but I'm gonna keep it now.

Plan is to ceramic coat the wheels to help with some of that. Plus, having to spend some time keeping the wheels clean will be least of my concerns haha.
Yeah, I need to get my F14's ceramic coated. The amount of dust that comes off these stock pads after driving the car for a week just cakes them. It's crazy. I just don't want to get some pads that I have to sacrifice something to keep the brake dust away so if you have any suggestions, shoot away.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, didn't realize there was so many H-town guys on this forum. I was talking with Joe Myers on a possible Roush kit until I found mine up in Corsicana.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!

Do you have a guy in the area that you plan on using for the ceramic coating?

What's crazy to me is I noticed they actually upcharge on some cars for the "spolier delete"...that threw me for a loop.

I noticed you said you were going to do an h-pipe res delete; I highly recommend the Steeda one. I have it on mine and it is great.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

What's crazy to me is I noticed they actually upcharge on some cars for the "spolier delete"...that threw me for a loop.

I noticed you said you were going to do an h-pipe res delete; I highly recommend the Steeda one. I have it on mine and it is great.
Every spoiler delete I have seen was a no cost option, but it is a line item on the sticker.

I am getting my X-Pipe installed right now.. curious to see how it sounds in person. May need to leave the active exhaust in Normal mode lol.

For ceramic coating I am taking mine to a guy down here in Kemah - Steve Soule with Ultimate Detailing. Great guy and quick turnaround. He's gonna remove the vinyl stripes that came from the factory with the NFG paint, paint correction & PPF on the front clip, hood, mirrors, and quarter panels.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I need to get my F14's ceramic coated. The amount of dust that comes off these stock pads after driving the car for a week just cakes them. It's crazy. I just don't want to get some pads that I have to sacrifice something to keep the brake dust away so if you have any suggestions, shoot away.
I'm all ears on the brake dust too.

I'm thinking of buying the z26 pads from Powerstop for mine. Worth a shot. I always wash/polish the car up on Friday night/Sat AM and after one day of driving I'm back out there wiping down the fronts.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every spoiler delete I have seen was a no cost option, but it is a line item on the sticker.

I am getting my X-Pipe installed right now.. curious to see how it sounds in person. May need to leave the active exhaust in Normal mode lol.

For ceramic coating I am taking mine to a guy down here in Kemah - Steve Soule with Ultimate Detailing. Great guy and quick turnaround. He's gonna remove the vinyl stripes that came from the factory with the NFG paint, paint correction & PPF on the front clip, hood, mirrors, and quarter panels.
Nice...what's his pricing like if you don't mind me asking?

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice...what's his pricing like if you don't mind me asking?
He's pretty average honestly, you can probably find cheaper but I like using him because he is OCD like me. I won't use anyone else because of his attention to detail.

A buddy of mine drove his Viper up to Magnolia (200 mile roundtrip) for a ceramic coating and he has swirls showing through that bugs the shit out of him. He hates himself for it.

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Wow, didn't realize there was so many H-town guys on this forum. I was talking with Joe Myers on a possible Roush kit until I found mine up in Corsicana.
Yes sir, born and raised in Houston! I'm on the NE side right by Lake Houston. I've had a really great experience with Joe Myers. Forgot to add, they don't put on the front license bracket. Really, really don't like when dealerships put them on and leave you with holes in the new bumper whether you wanted them or not. Kind of a little thing but really appreciated.

I'll probably do the wheels myself. Will eventually ceramic coat the whole car myself. I have a buddy with a 2017 that wants to do it too. I think plan is to do his then do mine. Steeda is prob who I'm going with. I like that they are stainless and reasonably priced. Although I have to say, I'm impressed with the stock exhaust sound. It may have more growl than my buddy's 2017 w/ x-pipe.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes sir, born and raised in Houston! I'm on the NE side right by Lake Houston. I've had a really great experience with Joe Myers. Forgot to add, they don't put on the front license bracket. Really, really don't like when dealerships put them on and leave you with holes in the new bumper whether you wanted them or not. Kind of a little thing but really appreciated.

I'll probably do the wheels myself. Will eventually ceramic coat the whole car myself. I have a buddy with a 2017 that wants to do it too. I think plan is to do his then do mine. Steeda is prob who I'm going with. I like that they are stainless and reasonably priced. Although I have to say, I'm impressed with the stock exhaust sound. It may have more growl than my buddy's 2017 w/ x-pipe.
Yeah Autonation didn't mount my plate bracket too which I am thankful for. I bought one of those Sto N Sho removable brackets that mounts under the splitter and love it.

The growl is why i went h over x. I know these motors are higher pitched than the push rod 302's but I wanted to somehow get a deeper sound like with the 302's with Flowmasters. Now I just need to figure out how to marry up the ATAK's to the Steeda h-pipe.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He's pretty average honestly, you can probably find cheaper but I like using him because he is OCD like me. I won't use anyone else because of his attention to detail.

A buddy of mine drove his Viper up to Magnolia (200 mile roundtrip) for a ceramic coating and he has swirls showing through that bugs the shit out of him. He hates himself for it.
I may drive down and check him out bc I'm like you - OCD and obsessive about detail!
Sponsored