Picking her up today - 2019 GT

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by 90Notch, Jan 15, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    90Notch

90Notch Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
    0   0   0
    I'm a fan of the white and black combo too. It has the Brembos up front and whatever pads come stock?! Probably one of the few things I didn't research about these cars. I knew my wife wasn't going to be cool with buying a new car then spending more money upgrading wheels and such so I went with the perf pack. Going to make for a very fun daily drive (~40 miles round trip) plus some weekend fun. I have 9 year old twin girls that are speed junkies so I'm sure we'll be putting a good bit of miles on it over the first few months!

The leather of the used one I looked at seemed nice. But it's hot in Texas. Plus leather is totally unnecessary for my needs and I'm fine without the screen and modes. I can always do a sync 3 swap down the line. Way more worth it to be the only owner of the car and can document everything from day 1.

2. Zelek

Zelek Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Tint and a good sunshade does wonders for your interior temps. Just make sure it's a decent ceramic tint. Haven't gotten burned yet using both. It gets warm, but nothing ouch worthy.

3. OP
    OP
    90Notch

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
    0   0   0
    It already has some sort of tint on it. "Lifetime Warranty" from the dealership. I will definitely have the sunshade up too. My biggest problem is that my parking lot is part of an industrial lot where all the field trucks park. There's always gravel and dirt all over the place. Thinking about some rokblokz to protect the paint. Probably $100 well spent.

4. Zelek

Zelek Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT Premium PP, 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    My Accord has some Gtechniq 7 year coating on it that I really love. Wish I would have gotten that stuff on the Mustang had I known about it. Opticoat Pro+ is doing fine though. Definitely helps with conditions like that and virtually anything else.

5. OP
    OP
    90Notch

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
    0   0   0
    Well looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow not tonight. Just got a text from the salesman with these pics. Replacement panel will be there tomorrow morning. Not sure how it cracked there but I'll be looking at all of it very closely when I pick it up. At least they caught it early and are already in the process of fixing it. I asked they replace it with one from the blackout package so the GT would be black but they wouldn't do it haha.

rr damage.jpg rr damage1.jpg

6. Spork3245

Spork3245 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magenride
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure which year you owned, but the S550 leather does not wear like that and you certainly don't slide around in it. My 2013 GT Premium did wear quickly, by the end of the lease (3 years) you could visibly see a little of the driver's seat getting lines in it. However, my 2016 Premium GT had no such issues, even though the leather felt cheaper than the 2013's. My 2019 has much thicker and better quality leather than any of my previous GTs (401a - the 400a has the same leather as the 2015-2017 401a unless you got the "rare" upgraded leather package which also added soft-touch door panels). Also, since if you get leather on any S550 you also get heated and cooled seats, I'm not understanding your cold and hot complaint; in the winter the seats are nice and toasty for me (as is my steering wheel now), in the summer they're nice and cool. :p

brucelinc likes this.
  7. LFSoccer2k6

LFSoccer2k6 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium Velocity Blue
    0   0   0
    You mentioned installing the x pipe and keeping a warranty. Does installing the x or h pipe not void warranty?

8. GTFURY

GTFURY Active Member

First Name:
    Pete
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10
    0   0   0
    Congrats, great looking ride!

9. RaceRedBlkOut

RaceRedBlkOut Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT, 2008 GT & 2011 V6
    0   0   0
    Nice! That is the best color

10. regular6g

regular6g Active Member

0   0   0
    Welcome and congratulations! Mine was built 8/2018 and I had the exact same cracks. Must be a production problem, Capital Ford of NC ordered a new one and I did the swap myself as I didn't want it in the service department and they obliged my request. Sent them photos as I drove from Destin FL to buy my 18 GTPP there. They gave me the best trade and I'm z plan so 900 miles was no biggie. IMG_20190115_195827_04.jpg IMG_20190115_195827_02.jpg

11. tj@steeda

[email protected] Well-Known Member
    Diamond Sponsor

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Steeda Mustang
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
  12. OP
    OP
    90Notch

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
    0   0   0
    H or X resonator delete does not void your warranty. Things like getting an aftermarket tune will void it. Sucks since a tube + e85 really wakes these motors up even more but not worth it to me.

Thanks! Pumped to get some real seat time and start enjoying the car.

I thought about that too but I’m gonna just let them do it. Wife wanted to go to gym tonight and do other stuff anyway so was easier to make her happy lol.

Def will hit you up for an H pipe when the time comes. May be sooner rather than later lol.

13. Scott2696

Scott2696 Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Nice Ride... Great color.

14. krishelnino

krishelnino Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Krishna
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
    0   0   0
    congrats, sweet looking car. I love the spoiler ! race red ftw :thumbsup:

49239550_10218188855254914_4771756821029322752_o.jpg

Lorne34, Ghost50 and 90Notch like this.
  15. Scott2696

Scott2696 Member

First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    The Dealer you choose will decide if you voided your warranty or not. Just make sure you are choosing a mod friendly dealer. Hint Hint

16. NoVaGT

NoVaGT Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Performance Pack
    0   0   0
    I can understand that Ford eventually had to give in and use a higher quality pleather, because my 2012s wore out badly and quickly. But the seats are still scorching hot in the summer, and scrotum-shrinking cold in the winter. Seat heating and cooling, sure, lots of cars have those. But those work after your back-bottom and/or scrotal nether-regions have been either roasted or flash-frozen.

No thanks, I'll just skip all of that.:cwl::cwl:

17. OP
    OP
    90Notch

First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
    0   0   0
    Nice ride! Your car is essentially what my plans were before deciding I like the pp1 spoiler. Love the black roof, emblems and vents. I may end up doing Roush vents, not sure and way off in the future. Red and black look so good together.

True. But it doesn't really apply to a resonator delete, same as trying to void it for mufflers. It's just my luck that my "mod friendly" dealer would somehow find a way to screw me over when the time came. So, motor is staying stock. I don't want any worries taking it in for anything.

18. Schooley

Schooley Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 NFG Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Got my X-Pipe installed yesterday, sounds amazing. I was on the fence initially but everyone told me to do it.. so glad I did. Everytime I drove the car before the XPipe install I always put the exhaust in track mode, now I can ride around in Normal and be happy.. track mode sounds even more beastly.

19. NoVaGT

NoVaGT Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Performance Pack
    0   0   0
    Look.......dealers have 0 interest in messing with your warranty. Warranty repair work is a huge part of a dealership's service department's financial health.

Also consider this. On this forum, I have read of exactly 0 times anyone's warranty claim has been denied. For any reason. And I've challenged people here on this point several times, and no one has ever provided a single concrete time that something like a tune, intake, exhaust mod, has ever caused a repair to not be covered under warranty.

My last 3 Mustangs have all been tuned. Each and every one got lots of warranty repair work done, and never was there even a question about tuning, intake, or anything of such nature.

brucelinc likes this.
  20. brucelinc

brucelinc Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Bruce
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT premium A10
    0   0   0
    Thanks for being a voice of reason. I get so tired of people talking about voided warranties. I also have had my last 3 cars tuned and never had an issue with warranty work. Of course, if someone has their car towed to a dealership with a rod hanging out of the block, there may be cause for investigating possible mods and declining that specific warranty claim. However, 99.9% of the time, there is simply no reason for a dealer to spend any time investigating whether or not your car had a tune.

Incidentally, when taking a tuned car to the dealer, it should be returned to stock first. The reason is that if they need to do a PCM reflash, it could screw up the tune.