The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I searched but I didn’t see anything directly related to this. Let everybody know what your worst pet peeves are whether car related or not. I will start off with a couple. I can’t stand it when I’m on an elevator and people try to get on before everybody else gets off. The second one for me is when you move over to the right to pass somebody going slow in the left lane and the person speeds up. That really pisses me off. :curse:
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; For me it is when on a highway like an interstate with multiple lanes. You see a sign which says right lane closed 2 miles ahead. Then later One mile ahead and so on. If everyone will merge into the left lane well before the right lane is closed, then we could all keep moving. At some reduced speed for sure, but moving. Likely at 35 to 40 MPH. However it never has failed for some to see the open space and try to keep going in the lane soon to be closed. Of course they run out of lane. Then they try to squeeze into the open lane and cause a backup, sometimes for miles.

I know you can not fix stupid but a hefty fine ought to get attention. Just a thought, maybe the new EV's will be forced to obey traffic signs. Might be the first positive thing I can think of about having one. Another thought; maybe the computers in new cars can be made to turn in the driver.

Saw a story a while back. A woman had a hit and run accident. Apparently she just drove home and parked her car in the garage. A while later the police were knocking on her door. Seems the car had somehow reported the collision. On star maybe?

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
How about driving by somebody driving a car or SUV that you know is six figures and yet here they are with the phone to the ear instead of using all the technology that the car has to go hands-free. I don’t get it.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How about driving by somebody driving a car or SUV that you know is six figures and yet here they are with the phone to the ear instead of using all the technology that the car has to go hands-free. I don’t get it.
Never understood that either.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very topical for me having done another morning swim before work ...

'Slow' swimmers in the 'fast' lane that wont step aside at the wall to let you pass, knowing full well that you cant overtake them whilst swimming due to the CV19 swimming rules ... :explode:

I suppose it's the pool equivalent of driving in the fast lane, 1 mph below the speed limit, with cruise on and not moving over because 'why should I ? ...' :facepalm:

WD :like:

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Very topical for me having done another morning swim before work ...

'Slow' swimmers in the 'fast' lane that wont step aside at the wall to let you pass, knowing full well that you cant overtake them whilst swimming due to the CV19 swimming rules ... :explode:

I suppose it's the pool equivalent of driving in the fast lane, 1 mph below the speed limit, with cruise on and not moving over because 'why should I ? ...' :facepalm:

WD :like:
not getting in any shape or form political but how is swimming in a bleach style environment not the safest place to be? Apart from being on your own of course lol. Stupid stupid rules

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Slow drivers in the left lane. Especially those who match the speed of the vehicle beside them in the right lane so it’s impossible to pass. Large trucks tend to be the biggest offender, but I encounter plenty of 4 wheeled cars and trucks that do it.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Due to people crying about how dangerous the big rigs are and how fast they go this is the result of TRUCKS blocking lanes.

Trucking companies are so worried about being sued they govern the top speed with the governments blessing. Most line Trucks are govern 68 mph, some are as low as 65mph.

The goverment actually tried to mandate certain weighted vehicles couldn't exceed 65 mph from the factory, it has failed to pass for now. Truckers have no choice when passing a vehicle governed 1 or 2 mph below them to hang in left lane. So be careful about what you cry and wien about, the gover ent loves to regulate.

Now back to "pet peeves" is when your big rig is in the right lane behind that vehicle going 2 mph slower than you are governed. The trucker turns the left signal blinking, guess what?

The butt in the left lane speeds up, blows the horn when you take the lane cause you are a jerk not letting the trucker in.

Then you play the "big boy" with your wife's bare feet like rabbit's ears on top of the dash and speed around in the right lane. Before the big rig has safely passed the slower vehicle, then all the other truck haters follow you passing on the right of the truck so they can not return to right lane. By that time there is another slower vehicle in right lane.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Trucking companies are so worried about being sued they govern the top speed with the governments blessing. Most line Trucks are govern 68 mph, some are as low as 65mph.
not around here they aren't. Doin' over 70 ripping up and down I-95 in VA/MD in posted 60mph. I followed a Fedex rig doing over 78 for a solid 3hrs from Richmond to Charlotte. We danced like a couple thru 2am traffic - admittedly light. My headlight switch got a workout.

I do agree there are way too many trucks driving aggressively. You're on the clock, you're getting paid, there's no need to ride 8ft off a puny sedan's bumper with 4 people in it. I religiously maintain 2 second minimum interval to vehicle ahead of me and most of the time a healthy 3 seconds and I'm on a bike or sports(y) car that can out-brake and out-handle pretty much everything.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hello; For me it is when on a highway like an interstate with multiple lanes. You see a sign which says right lane closed 2 miles ahead. Then later One mile ahead and so on. If everyone will merge into the left lane well before the right lane is closed, then we could all keep moving. At some reduced speed for sure, but moving. Likely at 35 to 40 MPH. However it never has failed for some to see the open space and try to keep going in the lane soon to be closed. Of course they run out of lane. Then they try to squeeze into the open lane and cause a backup, sometimes for miles.
You're completely wrong on this - you are supposed to use the lane as far as it goes and do zipper merge - more civilized places mandate this. Everyone getting in a single lane two mile before other one ends actually slows everything down, problem with zipper merge is that people are unable to understand that simple concept and execute smooth merge. My pet peeve are people who don't understand that simple concept and are not letting people who use the lane that is closed ahead to it's full extent merge because they feel like they're being wronged.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I first
You're completely wrong on this - you are supposed to use the lane as far as it goes and do zipper merge - more civilized places mandate this. Everyone getting in a single lane two mile before other one ends actually slows everything down, problem with zipper merge is that people are unable to understand that simple concept and execute smooth merge. My pet peeve are people who don't understand that simple concept and are not letting people who use the lane that is closed ahead to it's full extent merge because they feel like they're being wronged.
Hello; I guess the fact that it has never worked out in my experience does not count. This zipper merge thing is a new one to me. The problem will be finding a hole in traffic to "zipper" into at even a reduced speed.
The highway signs say something like right lane closed ahead Merge left. I guess they road crews do not know about it as well.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Three things it seems like no drivers understand:

Yield signs
4-way stops
Alternate merging
Hello; On the alternate merging. I get the idea, but as you say it seems like drivers do not understand so it does not work. The concept is easy to follow, that it does not or rarely does work tells the tale.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Saying "oh" for the number zero.

"Fertographer" instead of pho·tog·ra·pher (we take photos with photons)

Someone claiming asshole drivers as merely a pet peeve.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I HATE when people chew with their mouths open.
Makes me want to stab them in the head.

Deleted member 35644

My list might break the internet, so I'll try to pare it down.

Stupid or inconsiderate things people do in public, especially on the roads.
-People who are oblivious to "Slower traffic keep right".
-Look right at you as they pull out in front of you, then mosey along, under the speed limit
-Wildly varying speeds on an open road, such as them speeding up once you've passed them
-Coming to a complete stop to make a right turn into a parking lot, when there is no obstruction
-Steering to the right before executing a left turn, as if they're driving a tractor trailer
-Riding my ass in the center or right lane of a 3-lane highway when the left lane is clear
-Driving when completely lost, slowing down to read Google Maps instead of just pulling off.
-Simple refusal to drive with the flow of traffic, and instead, drive 20 under the limit on the expressway with people blowing around you and honking. Dangerous.
-Jaywalkers who don't even bother to look before they step out into the road, because they think they have the right-of-way and nobody will dare mow them down. Lawyer on speed-dial.
-People who buy vehicles larger than they can handle. Paint on the front corners and rear bumper usually tells the story. Huge, lumbering truck or SUV, or die.
-Flipping me off when it's clear that you just fucked up.
-Hitting & running. (Not so much a pet peeve, as pure hatred).
Sponsored